FfH2 0.32 Changelog

Kael

Deity
Released!

Fixes
1. Sanctuary now kicks all units out of the casters borders.
2. Flames won't start in Burning Sands cities.
3. Building Cost Mod is now correctly calculated for Gambling Houses (thanks Vehem!).
4. Penguins can no longer spawn on peak tiles (the mighty flying penguins of Erebus are no more).
5. The Circle of Gaelan events now trigger correctly.
6. Kidnap now works correctly (fixed by Sto!).
7. Event loading moved to the normal xml load process instead of in post globals (for some reason having it in post globals was causing intermittant CtD's reloading save games).
8. Svartalfar can build Machinists Shops.
9. EventTrigger now require all religions listed instead of just one of them (to keep the temple burning events from triggering unless both religions are in the city).
10. Hidden Nationality units in transports are treated as if they don't have hidden nationality (so you cant bump enemy units with a transport with a HN unit in it).
11. Fixed the smugglers guild event.
12. Events that gift units with promotions will now correctly apply the promotion.
13. Fixed an equipment duplication bug in Add to Flesh Golem (fixed by Sto!).

AI Changes:
1. Boosted the power rating of the Infernals and the Mercurians so they are more likely to act aggresivly after being summoned.
2. Adjusted all leaders tolerance for battle odds, some take less risk (Elohim), some take more risk (Doviello), some randomly decide from turn to turn (Balseraphs).
3. AI won't attack with Heroes (world units) if his attack odds are beneath 95%.
4. AI won't attack with true Spell Casters if his attack odds are beneath 95%.
5. AI realizes it wont destroy forests when laying improvements if it is bMaintainFeatures (the Ljosalfar and Svartalfar).
6. AI is more likely to build unit enabling buildings (if no ai building prereqs aren't enabled).
7. AI is more likely to prefer high strength units.
8. Rewrote the AI_getStrategyHash function to base decisions on FfH functions instead of vanilla configuration.
9. AI taught when to vote for and against the new voting mechanics (they will no longer vote positively for everything).
10. AI is less likely to build forts together (added a pPlot::isBuilding check).

Additions/Removals:
1. bCult attribute removed from Religions (depreciated function).
2. Added a No Techs game option (for scenarios).
3. Added a No Buildings game option (for scenarios).
4. Added a No Projects game option (for scenarios).
5. Added a Capture All Buildings game option (for scenarios).
6. Added a No World Spells game option.
7. Added the Summon Tiger spell (available to Fellowship of Leaves priests, loki).
8. Added the Governors Assassination event (Judgement).
9. Added the Mushrooms improvements (art by Psychic Llamas).
10. Added the Mushrooms event.
11. Added the Volcano Creation event.
12. Added the War Games event (judgement).
13. Added the Goblin Wastes event (rewards nature).
14. Added the Slave Ring chain event (crime).
15. Added the Angelic Procession event.
16. Added the Library Fire event (rewards water).
17. Added the Sickness event (rewards body).
18. Added the Scorched Staff (equipment, +1 fire affinity).
19. Added the Meteor event (rewards enchantment).
20. Added a Spell Delay feature (delays make the caster immobile and unable to cast for the delay time period, the spell triggers when the delay time is over).
21. Added the Battering Ram unit (1 strength but 25% bombard rate).
22. Added the Create Battering Ram spell. Allows the Khazad to make siege units in the field. (delay 5, consumes the forest in the tile, only usuable by Khazad melee units, requires engineering).
23. Added the Sobs event (rewards spirit).
24. Added the Guardian of Pristinus Pass unique feature.
25. Added the Crime Increase event (crime).
26. Added the Crime Decrease event (crime).
27. Added the Two-Headed Cow event.
28. Added the Decius leader (Bannor, Calabim and Malakim leader).
29. Added the Pick Alignment event (Decius can select his starting alignment).
30. Added the Centaur Guard unit (model by AA, texture by seZ).
31. Added the Auric Ulvin unit (for scenarios, art by seZ).
32. Added the Drifa unit (for scenarios).
33. Added the Muirin unit (for scenarios).
34. Added the minor leader mechanic (minor leaders don't show up in any menus, and are not playable but can be used in scenarios).
35. Added Minister Koun minor leader (for scenarios).
36. Added 21 Sign (Constellation) events.
37. Added the City Split event (city wants to form its own nation).
38. Added the Soverign City event (city wants to rule itself).
39. Added the Mercenary Gouging event (idea by Philippe).
40. Added the UpgradeCiv unit attribute (so that captured ogres, centaurs, vampires, sect of lies, etc all upgrade to civ specific units instead of the capturing civs units).
41. Added the Ring of Carcer unique feature (imprisons Brigit, can only be entered by units of level 15 or higher).
42. Added the Brigit unit (hero, can only be gained by getting a unit through the ring of carcer).
43. Added the Enclave improvement (Kuriotate only, town upgrade, grants +1 gold and +1 food over towns, art by Woodelf, idea by TheJopa).
44. Added the City Feud event (idea by Xuenay, you thought I forgot didnt you?).
45. Added the City Feud Arson event (idea by Xuenay).
46. Added the City Feud Merc event (idea by Xuenay).
47. Added a Slower Experience game option (halves the amount of xp gained from combat, rounded up).
48. Added the Call of the Grave spell (Ars only, does 40% death damage the enemies, heals all undead, raises 3 wraiths from graveyards, range 2).
49. Added the Ira unit (water walking, +1 strength whenever it defeats a living opponent, max of 4 at once).
50. Added the Ira Unleashed spell (Avatar of Wrath only, summons up to 4 Ira).

Balance Changes:
1. Priests don't have a resource requirement anymore.
2. High Priests have resource requirements (all are Incense except for the RoK High Priest who requires Gems).
3. If a Hidden Nationality unit spawns a unit through combat, that unit will have Hidden Nationality too.
4. All animals spawned through create animals start with Hidden Nationality (and Hidden Nationality removed from the specific unit definition).
5. Dies Diei reveals all invisible units within your borders.
6. Nox Noctis makes all your units within your borders invisible (if they aren't in cities).
7. Shades made into National Units (4 per player).
8. Lions have a 10% chance to upgrade to Lion Prides after each combat.
9. Kidnap has a maximum 95 % chance of success.
10. Immobile units can't cast spells anymore.
11. Bloom has a 2 turn delay.
12. Inquisition has a 3 turn delay.
13. The Tower of Eyes provides a free Dungeon in every city.
14. Ancient Towers can be razed.
15. Warriors can no longer use iron weapons.
16. Gifting units is disabled (to many exploits).
17. Mana no longer reverts to raw mana when the plot converts to a new owner.
18. Freaks never expire.
19. Illusions have a 90% combat limit (they can't actually kill units), and heal completly after each battle.
20. The Doviello start with Lucian instead of their bonus 2 beastmen.
21. Units with Poison strength now pass the poisoned promotion to living units they battle.
22. Event chance increased from 2% to 4%.
23. Stygian Guards strength reduced from 6 to 5, given Water Walking, ability to use Bronze/Iron/Mithril weapons, are now Melee instead of Disciple units and no longer require Bronze/Iron/Mithril to train.
24. Feast is now Calabim only (captured vampires cant feast on city populations).
25. Increased Expansive from +2 to +3 Health.
26. Added +3 Happiness to the Sprawling trait.
27. Reduced the Beast of Agares build cost from 500 to 120 and its movement increased from 1 to 2.
28. Worldbreak has a chance (based on the AC) to start fires in non-Sheaim cities.
29. Humans and the AI don't get bonuses against animals from the handicap level (the barb bonus still applies).
30. Ars, Buboes, Stephanos and Yersinia can fly.
31. Illians switched from Chaos to Law mana.
32. The Spread Council of the Esus ability only requires that the unit have the Council of Esus religion, not that the state religion be the Council of Esus. AI players will never spread the Council of Esus unless it is their state religion.

Cosmetic Changes:
1. New Arena model art by woodelf.
2. New selection sounds for lion's.
3. New selection sounds for succubus's.
4. New Svartalfar Adept model by seZereth.
5. Fixed Pit Beast/Manticore model by seZereth.
6. Buildings now correctly list all units they enable.
7. New Illusionist model by seZereth.
8. Spell descriptions now hotlink to other objects (so for example a spell that adds a promotion inlcudes a clickable link to that promotion).
9. New Svartalfar Immortal model and animations by Ploep.
10. Aerons Bounty and Spread Council of Esus spells will show, but be greyed out, when disabled (instead of not displayed at all).
11. Songs all redone (some moved around, some cut, some added, some base themes songs now play no matter what religion/era you are in).

First reply :D

Looks good :D

Al

Swish. The fixes and cosmetics are really nice, and hopefully the AI changes are too. Did you fix the witch chain as well as the Circle one?

Spoiler :
I haven't set the release date yet. But this is the changelog so far...

Additions/Removals:
6. Added a No World Spells game option.
7. Added the Summon Tiger spell (available to Fellowship of Leaves priests, loki).
20. Added a Spell Delay feature (delays make the caster immobile and unable to cast for the delay time period, the spell triggers when the delay time is over).
22. Added the Create Battering Ram spell. Allows the Khazad to make siege units in the field. (delay 5, consumes the forest in the tile, only usuable by Khazad melee units, requires engineering).
29. Added the Pick Alignment event (Decius can select his starting alignment).
40. Added the UpgradeCiv unit attribute (so that captured ogres, centaurs, vampires, sect of lies, etc all upgrade to civ specific units instead of the capturing civs units).
43. Added the Enclave improvement (Kuriotate only, town upgrade, grants +1 gold and +1 food over towns, art by Woodelf, idea by TheJopa).

Balance Changes:
1. Priests don't have a resource requirement anymore.
20. The Doviello start with Lucian instead of their bonus 2 beastmen.
22. Event chance increased from 2% to 4%.
23. Stygian Guards strength reduced from 6 to 5, given Water Walking, ability to use Bronze/Iron/Mithril weapons, are now Melee instead of Disciple units and no longer require Bronze/Iron/Mithril to train.

^ These all sound quite good (especially the battering rams!), and more events are welcome. What does Lucian do, however?

Lucian is an axeman hero, nothing else special.
Now, the $1,000,000 question is... Who is Decius?

Sweet... I know you said no set release date yet... but an estimation, maybe?

I love you, Kael. So nice to see a game designer who actually listens to his players and makes suggested changes. :)

Lucian appears to be a normal axeman, only you start with him instead of needing bronze working.

Anyway, looks great. I like most of these changes. My favorites are:

1. Boosted the power rating of the Infernals and the Mercurians so they are more likely to act aggresivly after being summoned.
41. Added the Ring of Carcer unique feature (imprisons Brigit, can only be entered by units of level 15 or higher).
42. Added the Brigit unit (hero, can only be gained by getting a unit through the ring of carcer).
13. The Tower of Eyes provides a free Dungeon in every city.
27. Reduced the Beast of Agares build cost from 500 to 120 and its movement increased from 1 to 2.

My only real objection:

So, like, the only civ getting a real boost... is already currently the most powerful one in the game. What gives.

And three questions:

Can Battering rams move?
Who's Decius and what does he do? (expect this one a lot)
Didn't Stygian guards originally have 8 strength, not 6?

Immobile units can't cast spells anymore.

Can Barbatos move now then?

For that matter, what becomes of Acheron's meteor breath?

I hope it means that Barbatos is gone. I'm sick of seeing him wipe out unlucky civs on turn 2.

Looks like some pretty big changes! Especially...

New leader that can govern 3 civs??? Im excited to see how this is implemented!

Also, do you plan on adding the Hydra unit made by PsychicLlamas? The art for it looked really good and i think it would make a great addition. He said he was going to make it so that it gained a head for for every combat promotion.

Added the Decius leader (Bannor, Calabim and Malakim leader).

1 Leader for 3 Civs? Strange.

Immobile units can't cast spells anymore.

Can Barbatos move now then?

i think theres a distinction between immobile (like by blind) and 0 movement

Looks very nice. I wonder If I should wait for .32 to base my modmod off.

3. If a Hidden Nationality unit spawns a unit through combat, that unit will have Hidden Nationality too.
4. All animals spawned through create animals start with Hidden Nationality (and Hidden Nationality removed from the specific unit definition).

Just to be clear, this means that they they start with the HN promotion? Assuming that is right, how is it done? Is it hardcoded like that, or can we easily make other promotions be passed on to the spawned units too?

21. Units with Poison strength now pass the poisoned promotion to living units they battle.
Also, how is this done? Is it hardcoded, or can we easily make other damage types pass on promotions too? Is it 100% of the time, or randomly? If random, can you adjust the chances? I'm thinking I want Fire damage to sometimes give a "Scorched" or "Burned" promotion (weakening the unit, but also granting fire resistance) and Cold to grant "Frostbite" or "Hypothermia" (slowing the unit and giving a negative healing rate).

Edit: I concur with Sureshot. Barbatos never was immobile (unless blinding light or entangle immobilized him)

Looks very nice. I wonder If I should wait for .32 to base my modmod off.

Just to be clear, this means that they they start with the HN promotion? Assuming that is right, how is it done? Is it hardcoded like that, or can we easily make other promotions be passed on to the spawned units too?

Also, how is this done? Is it hardcoded, or can we easily make other damage types pass on promotions too? Is it 100% of the time, or randomly? If random, can you adjust the chances? I'm thinking I want Fire damage to sometimes give a "Scorched" or "Burned" promotion (weakening the unit, but also granting fire resistance) and Cold to grant "Frostbite" or "Hypothermia" (slowing the unit and giving a negative healing rate).

No hardcoding, there are variables int he global defines for the hidden nationality promotion and the posioned promotion (just like mutated). If those are set then these effects happen in the SDk. If you black those values then these things dont happen.

Brilliant! Can't wait to see the changes implemented!

Particularly this one:
7. Event loading moved to the normal xml load process instead of in post globals (for some reason having it in post globals was causing intermittant CtD's reloading save games).
All this time I thought it was just my crap computer...

looks good overall, just these 2 i have questions about:

Does this mean the balseraphs and FoL followers will have a tiger cage in every single one of their cities?

Brigit will generally become a calabim hero right? They're the only ones who are sure of getting some lvl 15 units.

Very excited about all of these changes!
Only the tiger spell for Loki has me a little worried...

Does this mean the balseraphs and FoL followers will have a tiger cage in every single one of their cities?

Also, since Loki comes so very early, won't this turn Loki from an already horrendously powerful hero into an absolute civ-destroying juggernaut? Especially with Keelyn?

Very excited about all of these changes!
Only the tiger spell for Loki has me a little worried...

Also, since Loki comes so very early, won't this turn Loki from an already horrendously powerful hero into an absolute civ-destroying juggernaut? Especially with Keelyn?

Its not for loki, it was an idea from Loki.

Top Bottom