FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Aug 15, 2008.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

great news! I started a game of FFH2 0.33 patch F to try out the DLLs posted above.

quick speed, settler difficulty, I automated everything to get to the critical point ASAP.

soon enough, after acheron spawned it started crashing every turn or two. I still managed to go on for a few turns by reloading, then after about ten crashes+reloads I decided it was pretty much proved that yes, it was CTDing because of the flames. so, I put in Kael's DLL. NO MORE CRASHES WOOOOO HOOOOO!! I even casted worldbreak and I have tons and tons of flames going on, in ice, deserts, everywhere. and it's not crashing. I am so happy, thanx guys, you're all so awesome. I owe you a drink, or maybe two.

actually, make it three :D

:goodjob:

2. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

I can confirm that this also occurs with Dark Mirror illusions.

3. Wolfes

Wolfes Chieftain

The Spells Hope and inspiration doesn´t work alright.
    When i moved a mage out of town and back i can´t cast cast it again

4. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

Ok I went back to my original config and replace the .dll file. Same results as before, I still got about 2 CTDs in about 40 turns, but NOT the CTD every four turns. So now my question... Have you figured out why Vista seems to be having this problem and not XP, and what was the problem... :goodjob:

5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

right, now I'm really curious about what exactly was causing the issue as well. :D

6. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Hawks wouldn't be able to see Nox Noctis hidden units. They are hidden as Invis Type 0, which is Invis_Submarine.

When I first saw that it was set to InvisType 0 in the DLL I had reported it as a cosmetic issue because that is mild hardcoding. But I suppose it is an actual bug since it winds up granting an Invisibility type which no units in the game have the ability to see.

7. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I went back and used Sto's second option and changed the XML file. It worked in that there were no more CTDs for 50+ turns.

However, 75% of my map looks like the attached screen print.

I am able to micromanage putting out the fires in my territory, but, of course, the AI doesn't have a clue and it has spread over most of the map without any relief in sight. I shut off Hell Terrain, but I'm sure this would give performance issues to many players. Also, I noted in my territory that when this fire burns off forest tiles that are not always replaced with burnt/new forests like in the past.

I see now after making the change and playing there is a new dll fix file. I'll try that later in my game, but I'm not sure it will do anything about this 'fire sale.' ;)

8. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Grigori Medics are able to enter territory where you DO NOT have an open borders agreement. I don't believe this is intended, but it sure makes it fun as you can send one with the HN Three Stooges to heal them and cure disease as they wreak havoc anywhere without the threat of war!;)

Probably a bug, but I like it - even though the blasted Medics take so long to get!

Also, incredibly, in the same game one of my Medics was 'born' with the Crown of Brilliance! No Empyrean in the city where I created it too. Love it, but it IS puzzling:confused:

9. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

Perpentach has a Succubus... Do they come in as an event? I thought only the Sheaim get them...

10. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

IIRC some events can grant you them, but you either have to be Ashen V. and/or Evil.

11. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

Yeah he was AV. Ok that makes sense. Thanks.

12. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

There is an AV-only event that lets you get a Succubus.

13. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

This a classical bug in fact. After the remove of the flames, there were a variable that take a xml value with getFeature() (NO_FEATURE since flames have expired). This makes a bug but it seems that xp don't care of the bug and it makes crash vista.

Tcho !

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

same thing happened to me, with Kael's DLL and flames_expire and flames_spread chance both at 20. the game is no longer crashing, but I got whole territories ENTIRELY covered in flames. don't know if that is how it's supposed to be, I don't think so though. it looks more like flames_spread_chance=100 actually :D

edit: attached savegame so you guys can take a look at it if you want: it's FFH2 0.33 patch F with Kael's DLL.

15. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

OK, I went back and changed the XML file and then downloaded and replaced the DLL file.

No CTDs after 50+ turns, but the raging fires on the map really are a mess. I'd consider taking out a firefighting team (maybe NYFD is available ;)), but it is a Huge map and I do not have open borders agreements with many of the ai civs.

I can never remember seeing fires like this in the past when I left Hell Terrain on!

16. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

My first few games of .33 I followed the same strategy:

Get my Nightwatch to my city (usually my capital) where I will be building most of my units and spread CoE there.

Then, when I build my Shadows in that city they come out with a nifty button that allows them to be HN Shadows that can create mayhem anywhere on the map. As an unexpected bonus, for some reason, I also got one out of my four Beastmasters with that button too. One became the unit with the most XP I have ever had - 646.

So, this game I am playing as Cassiel and I was very lucky to get CoE spread magically (I cannot research Deception and have my Nightwatch do it) to two of my cities.

But wait. I build 2 of my Shadows in one city with CoE and 2 in the other city with it. No HN button appears. Same thing happened with the Beastmasters.

So, what's up with this? Are all units built in CoE cities given the HN button (no), some (happened before) or none (happened in this game).

Does playing the Grigori make a difference? I would think it shouldn't as the key should be having the CoE religion in the city where you build the units.

17. Chip56

Chip56 King

Only recon units that have CoE as religion gain the mask spell.
    Since its random if and which religion a unit has, some beastmaster may have it and some not. However shadows are supposed to always start with CoE as religion (just like priests).

18. Jarlaxle135

Jarlaxle135 Chieftain

Not sure if this intended or not, but the spell entangle works on ships that are in the water. Seems like a land-based spell, but I guess the water has plants in it too.

19. Kael

Kael Deity

Great news, thanks Gekko! I'll make sure its included in the next version.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanks for fixing the issue Kael. :) btw, I'm still wondering if the crazy amounts of flames I've had after the fix is just as it is supposed to work, or if it's something weird. anyhow, it's still infinitely preferable to a reproducible CTD :D I've even attached the savegame in one of the posts above if you wanna see it yourself ;)