1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FfH2 120x60] The Age of Rebirth (3 scenarios)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by TheCowSaysMoooo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

Sucellus has been reborn! The perpetual winter brought about by his death and the icy Mulcarn's influence has mostly receded again to its arctic home. Man, in all of its forms, begins to creep forth from the safe havens it created to survive the Ice Age.

Winter's End uses a large map (120x60) and is designed for the excellent fantasy modpack, Fall from Heaven 2 (version 0.15k). You can get more information about the mod in this thread, and download the modpack and patches from there as well.

This scenario begins during the first year of the Age of Rebirth. Fifteen civilizations have emerged from the safe havens they used to survive the ice age to discover a vastly changed world inhabited by fearsome creatures and roaming barbarian goblin-folk.

Will the people of these tribes be able to survive the harshness of the renewed world?

Get Winter's End here!

Playable civilizations:
    Kandros Fir of the Khazad
    Beeri Bawl of the Luchuirp
    Perpentach of the Balseraphs
    Capria of the Bannor
    Valledia the Even of the Amurites
    Tebryn of the Sheaim
    Hannah the Irin of the Lanun
    Alexis of the Calabim
    Faeryl Viconia of the Svartalfar
    Arendel Phaedra of the Ljosalfar
    Tasunke of the Hippus
    Cardith Lorda of the Kuriotates
    Jonas Endain of the Clan
    Charadon of the Doviello
    Cassiel of the Grigori

Unlike a normal game, there are barbarian animals, goblins, and even a few more advanced units roaming the map from the beginning of the game. Take caution while exploring!

[Updates]
    1. 08/14/2006
    ...Drastically reduced the chances of early barbarian worg riders.
    2. 08/14/2006
    ...Minor tweaks to Calabim, Ljosalfar starting locations.
    ...Minor tweaks to a few bonus locations.
    ...Moved a bear off a peak.
    3. 09/20/2006
    ...A few minor tweaks all over the place
    ...Updated to FfH v0.15k

2. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

The ice is gone, and mankind is doing its best to find its place in the new world. Old friendships and rivalries are restored, and new relationships made. The Ljosalfar have splintered into two factions; one, a mystical, peaceful people, and the other, hell-bent on the destruction of their long-time rivals, the Svartalfar.

A World Awakens uses a large map (120x60) and is designed for the excellent fantasy modpack, Fall from Heaven 2 (version 0.15k). You can get more information about the mod in this thread, and download the modpack and patches from there as well.

A World Awakens begins 150 years into the Age of Rebirth. The last of the ice has receded back to the arctics, and temperatures near the equator have continued to rise. The early tribes have established a foothold in the world, and some have managed to renew contact with old friends and enemies.

There has been some debate within the Ljosalfar tribe about their official position with their long-time foes, the Svartalfar. Amelanchier, a fierce elven warrior, has gathered significant support with his rallying cry to go to war with the so-called "Dark Elves." The elven queen, Arendel, though unwilling to directly lead her people in such a war, has allowed Amelanchier and his followers to establish their own war machine. Many elves unable or unwilling to join Amelancheir are clandestinely supporting him and his armies with funding and other resources.

Orthus, an exceptional orc, has proclaimed himself King of the Barbarians and has made numerous vile promises to the orcs, but as of yet, he's all talk and no action. Acheron, a great dragon, has claimed a secluded barbarian city as his own, stowing away the great treasures he's amassed in his hidden horde.

Get A World Awakens here!

The same civilizations from Winter's End are still available for play in A World Awakens. Also, Amelanchier has been added as a newly created civilization. His civ still relatively under-developed, and will be more of a challenge to play.

[Updates]
    1. 08/14/2006
    ...Minor tweaks to Calabim, Ljosalfar starting locations.
    ...Minor tweaks to a few bonus locations.
    ...Moved a bear off a peak.
    2. 08/18/2006
    ...Fixed Kuriotate crash-bug, oops.
    ...Minor tweaks to starting setups.
    3. 09/20/2006
    ...A few minor tweaks all over the place
    ...Updated to FfH v0.15k

3. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

This one's still got some tweaking to do, but I figured it's overdue... so here goes. By all means, make suggestions for tweaking and such!

The great nations of the world have been restored.

Nations Reborn uses a large map (120x60) and is designed for the excellent fantasy modpack, Fall from Heaven 2 (version 0.15k). You can get more information about the mod in this thread, and download the modpack and patches from there as well.

Nations Reborn begins 300 years into the Age of Rebirth. The last of the ice has receded back to the arctics, and temperatures near the equator have continued to fluctuate. The early tribes that emerged over a century ago have rebuilt their empires. Pacts and Rivalries have been formed, leading to conflict between more than just the civilized races and the savages.

The Ljosalfar continue their machinations. The war with the dark elves led by those following Amelanchier still rages on, and a new enmity has been born. Varn Gosam has led a rebellion of Calabim against their blood-loving rulers. The tribe fled east into the desert, finding a hidden oasis to attempt to build their own civilization.

Far away on the western continent, Keelyn, daughter of the mad "ringleader," Perpentach, has laid claim to a small bit of the Balseraph lands, yet remains as closely allied with her father the insane pair can possibly be. Tensions mount between the mad carnivales and the orderly folk of the Bannor and Amurite.

Get Nations Reborn here!

The same civilizations from A World Awakens are still available for play in Nations Reborn. Also, Varn Gosam and Keelyn have been added as newly created civilizations. These civs are still relatively under-developed, and will be more of a challenge to play.

[Updates]

4. Eddiit

Eddiit King of Nothing

The Calabim need a serious boost. What inspired you to put them in a desert? Regardless their first city is forever sick (from turn 1 on) and the surrounding area is less than good. I think their area needs a big boost.

5. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

Interesting, I just finished a couple hundred turns with the Calabim (A World Awakens) and was very happy with their start. Though they've got health issues in the capital, all those flood plain still makes it easy to grow some "livestock", especially once you've hooked up the seafood to the north. I was happily pummeling the first place elves with Rosier and chowing down on some population with my first vampire.

Playing against them, the AI Calabim are consistently in the middle of the pack.

6. Eddiit

Eddiit King of Nothing

I had so much trouble with them it was rediculous. The production in the first city is sooo bad I got off to an incredibly slow start. If they were improved justa bit I think theyd be pretty strong. Horses are one option and its not an uncommon thing to find horses in or around deserts.

What was your starting strategy?

7. Eddiit

Eddiit King of Nothing

Just played 3 test games. The first I played as Alexis the other two I played as the orcs and just periodically checked in on Alexis.

Game 1- I died by turn 7 from Barb warg riders.

Game 2- Alexis was defeated by the barbs before turn 150.

Game 3- Alexis was defeated by a mix of the Barbs and the elves by turn 200.

Their area just has an extreme lack of production. I'm not sure the vampires and deserts have a good synergy. Maybe I'm just a bad player but the computer had issues as well.

8. pygmalion_in_wa

pygmalion_in_wa Chieftain

Just tried playing "Winter's End." Here's the summation of the first several turns.

Yr 6 Calabim civ destroyed by barbarians
    Yr 10 Luchuirp civ destroyed by barbarians
    Yr 11 Ljosalfar civ (me) destroyed by barbarians

I can understand you wanting to make this a dangerous world, but that's just a bit much. I think you need to tone down the barbarian start.

9. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

The only thing I can think of that would be dangerous that early would be wargs? I'll check the placement of goblins and wolves to see if I can keep them from joining up for a while.

I got hit by a warg early when playing the Calabim, but got lucky by killing it with a single bloodpet, so I was planning on checking them out a bit anyway ;-)

10. Nicholzation

Nicholzation Chieftain

Thanks for the maps. I'm gonna try the first one out now.

11. Pat the Snake

Pat the Snake Chieftain

Playing as the Kuriotates in Winters End.

Was massacred by Worg Riders three times in a row. Even though I "cheated" and reloaded. Seeked out some easy prey to begin with my initial warrior to gain XP and then fortified on a forested hill killed the first vawe of two worg riders but the second rider in the second vawe killed me and proceeded to my capital handing me a defeat :cry:

Basically the same procedure three times in a row.

PS. The Calabim were also killed all three times around year 6.

12. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

Do you have the newer (since 8/14) version? I removed almost all of the starting goblins from Winter's End.

13. Pat the Snake

Pat the Snake Chieftain

Thought I had but when I doublechecked I had misplaced the latest scenario in the wrong directory.....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the question, I´ll let you know if the "problem" remains.

14. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

Updated the first two to 0.15k, and added AR 300 - Nations Reborn. Enjoy! And please give some feedback, especially about the newest version. It's still got plenty of tweaking to do, but with 0.16 (and lots of changes) coming in a month or so, I figured now's as good a time as any to put it up.

15. kgoodrid

kgoodrid Warlord

I must be doing something wrong.

I have tried the first two scenarios, and both times everyone is defeated before the start of the first turn, ending the game. I have been able to play the vanilla mod just fine. Not sure what is wrong with the scenarios. Are these just not compatible with the latest version of the mod or something?

Thanks.

16. Good Sauce

Good Sauce (TM)

Great map, it has a very good fantasy 'feel' to it. i loaded it up to take a look and even the first few turns were sluggish, so I quit before I got too attached. it's just too big, and the huge number of animals and barbs that move every turn cause some major slowdown as well. there's nothing that you can do about this though, i need a RAM upgade badly, I only have 512.

Warning to those with less than a gig of RAM, you're gonna need alot of patience between turns even from the begining, this map might even be unrunnable in the late game.

I'll hang on to it though, i'll be itching to play it as soon as i can afford an upgrade.

17. lordslimer

lordslimer Chieftain

Sorry, noob question. I placed the file in my Public Maps folder and I cant see it in the play or custom scenario options when I start FfHII... Any ideas? I've looked around for instructions but no luck.

cheers

18. fannarh

fannarh Chieftain

I have a problem. Every time I try to load the Nations Reborn scenario the game shuts down. no crash or anything. it justs shuts down.

19. TheCowSaysMoooo

TheCowSaysMoooo Warlord

The versions up as of last week should be played with FfH version 0.15k. It will probably work with older 0.15 versions if you change the Modpath line of the WBS files (It's around line 25 of these maps, just remove the k from the Modpath), but I'd highly recommend getting the newest version. It fixes a couple annoying bugs and greatly speeds up the loading process of the mod. If you're not using FfH v0.15k, you can get it here.

Thanks, Goodsauce. =) Yes, they're pretty big maps, and especially in the last one, there's a lot of units and stuff going on. People with near minimum required specs probably won't be too happy playing these maps.

20. kgoodrid

kgoodrid Warlord

Hm, I downloaded the newest version of the mod and these maps yesterday, and had the 'civs destroyed before Turn 1' problem. Any ideas?