FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Kael

Deity
Update: The next version will be version 0.25 instead of a patch. I've changed so much stuff I want a chance to go through the core files and cut the things that don't belong (I can't cut files in a patch). I also want to get everyone back and consistent (after 20 or so patch levels thigns tend to diverge). Version 0.25 will also have new features in it, instead of just fixes. You can checkout the details here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245186

Converting to BtS is a big project. We have to do it in steps. Otherwise we convert a ton of stuff, get a crash and it becomes next to impossible to figure out where it came from. So here's the plan. I will be releasing frequent updates here, probably weekly. Each version will have a little more until we get up to the full 0.23 feature set.

The XML only test is complete and the current version contains the first draft of the spell system. Play with them and make sure you can cast spells without errors.

Patch "i"
1. Fixed the Civic screen.
2. Fixed the Religion screen.
3. Removed old unitcombat (armored, helicopter) feat messages.
4. Fixed a bug that caused some spells to always be greyed out (feast).
5. Fixed a bug that added instead of removed caster only promotions (crew spells).
6. Treetop Defense spell is now applied correctly.
7. New Civic requirements (alignment, civ and war requirement) are now displayed on the civic screen.
8. Fixed the ingenuity traits upgrade costs.
9. Great Bards can build the Song of Autumn.
10. Reduced event chances (adapative and insane occuring to frequently).
11. Buildingclass prereqs arent required if the civ cant build the building (for the doviello and such).
12. Removed Witch Doctors and Shamans (no longer needed since buildclass prereqs offer their only difference by default).
13. Added the bNoDiplomacyWithEnemies attribute to civics (for crusade).

Patch "j"
1. Fixed the Abandon error message when switching civics and religions.
2. Fixed the +40% error from magic immune (seen on Loki).
3. Fixed religion changes making players evil when they shouldnt be.
4. Added the plot counter (hell terrain mechanic).
5. Added the Sanctify spell.
6. Towns now spawn demagogs during crusades.
7. Removed the Sentry 3 promotion.
8. Added genders to all the leaders.
9. Added attitude modifers based on genders (os-gabellas man hating and falamars way with the ladies).
10. Added alignment attitude modifiers.

Patch "k"
1. Fixed the SetPlotCount errors in map turn.
2. The OO will no longer make evil civs neutral.
3. Ancient forests grow for fellowship players.
4. Mercenarys and Pirates start as hidden nationality.
5. Pirate AI set on pirates.
6. Liches can now upgrade mana nodes.
7. Added attitude modifier based on "bad" bonus usage.
8. Added attitude modifers based on high or low compassion civics.
9. Fixed the mage upgrade issue.
10. Orthus's Axe and the Pieces of Barnaxus are now passed by combat (bEquipment flag).
11. Fixed the pCity error in Genesis.
12. Added the PromotionNextLevel GUI block (if you have Air 2 you wont see Air 1 in your unit help box).
13. Added the Destroy Undead spell.
14. Added the Hasturs Razor spell.
15. Added the Burning Blood spell.
16. Added the Betrayal Chance attribute to promotions (chance that a unit will that promotion will go barbarian each turn).
17. Fixed the years display.

Patch "l"
1. Fixed the setFeatureType error in doMapTurn.
2. Armageddon effects only trigger once, instead of once per player.
3. Fixed the python error on the victory screen.
4. Macemen and Pikemen can now be built by the bannor.
5. Orthus will no loner spawn on the 5th turn.
6. Fixed the python error in recruit mercenary.
7. Defensive strength added.
8. Fixed spellstaffs.
9. Religion specific city art added (thanks Ploep!)

Patch "m"
1. Fixed the hunter art (so they all dont appear as acrobats).
2. Fixed the getunitcreatedcount error on armageddon events.
3. Fixed the Pyplayer error in apoclypse.
4. Button icons fixed.
5. Pearls are now harvestable.
6. Fixed the deforestation problem.
7. Spells that add promotions will no longer effect non-unitcombat units (great people, skeletons, etc).
8. Fixed Courage and Haste (so they will cast on all applicable units).
9. Defile is fixed.
10. Whirlwind now longer pushes units out of cities.
11. Enervation, Wither, Charm Person and Unyielding Order are now castable.
12. Weapons are set on units fortified in cities (you dont have to move them out and back in to upgrade).
13. Altar of the Luonnotar is correctly blocked.
14. Fixed the changeExperience functions in unitBuilt.
15. Ingenuity now correctly lowers upgrade costs.
16. Unit race is now saved in save games.
17. Alignment attitudes now show your alignment instead of the player judging you.

Patch "n":
1. Fixed the changeArmageddonCounter errors on Elegy of the Sheaim and Hallowing of the Elohim.
2. Earth mana increases the chance of discovering resources.
3. Law mana reduces maintenance.
4. Enchantment mana increases happiness.
5. Life mana increases health.
6. Mind mana increases the research rate.
7. Body mana increases the heal rate of friendly units in your borders.
8. Entropy mana decreases the heal rate of enemy units in your borders.
9. Free promotion attribute added to bonuses (so nightmares and sheut stones dont require python).
10. Disciples never obsolete.
11. Mutate spell works.
12. Corlindales Pace ability halves the armageddon counter.
13. Chaos mana gives living units built in the city the chance to be mutated.
14. Enabled the Trust spell.
15. Enabled the Shrine of Sirona effect.
16. Fixed the Manes Add to City ability.
17. Added free buildings/population for the infernals.
18. Added Treant Spawning.
19. Intro movie added.

Patch "o":
1. Fixed the onUnitMove error when entering ancient forests.
2. Added DamageTypes.
3. Added Affinity.
4. Sheeps and Toads swap on hell conversion.
5. Nightmares and Horses swap on hell conversion.
6. All players can pass through barbarian lands, barbarians can always pass through player lands.

Patch "p":
1. The Armageddon Counter no longer displays all the time it doesn't show up on city screens, globeview, etc.
2. Conjurers/Mages and such get their free promotion after upgrading.
3. Modern roads are no longer displayed.
4. Switched the or bonus requirements on buildings to and requirements (so towers require all the mana types to build).
5. Increased the amount of tech icons displayed on the pick research bar from 20 to 30.
6. Blocked rituals so they now have the correct requirements.
7. AI Casters are more likely to choose spell enabling promotions.
8. Fixed Basiums spawn so that he comes in as a team member (added an AddPlayerAdvanced function).
9. Angel and Mane spawning added.
10. Duin now spawns ravenous wereolves correctly.
11. New Forests upgrade to Forests correctly.
12. Correctly linked the art for new forests and ancient forests.
13. Razing holy cities now reverses their arm count, instead of reapplying it.
14. Hidden Nationality can now be applied through promotions.
15. Palaces no longer remove promotions.
16. Flames burn out.
17. Flames spread to neighboring forested tiles.
18. The nexus now correctly gifts Obsidon gates.
19. FfH handicap values assigned (more barbs, less bonuses against barbs).
20. Animals aren't considered in the numbers used to determine barb spawn rates (ie: more barbs).
21. Water animals spawn.
22. Fixed the Roar spell.

Patch "r":
1. AI will now hunt down and destroy lairs.
2. Lairs are destroyed by an enemy unit that enters the tile.
3. Added the boarding mechanic.
4. Fixed the iCost error in recruit mercenary.
5. Grand Menengery now correctly gives free carnivals.
6. Hell terrain will now spread to unowned tiles if the arm count is over 25.
7. Fixed the pink icon on the great commander promotion.
8. Fixed all the messed up horse archer variant graphics.
9. Flames will spread to jungle tiles.
10. Fireball and Meteor Swarm are no longer effected by the summoner trait.
11. Fireballs and Meteors are destroyed if they are used to bombard.
12. Hellfire event is now working.
13. War Machines, Catapults, Cannons, etc are no longer considered alive.
14. Cave of Ansestors grants xp correctly now.
15. Fixed bonus calculation on discover resources, heal rates, and research percents (they would grow indefenitly).
16. Pit Beasts and the Einherjar now have their duration extended by winning combat.
17. The War Machine and Yersinia now auto-raze tiles they enter.
18. Lair limit imposed.

Patch "s":
1. City religions have a chance to be passed to units built in that city.
2. Celestial Compass correctly modifies ritual build times.
3. Fireballs and Meteors are no longer permanent.
4. Fireballs explode in the correct tile.
6. Manes and Angels aren't created all the time.
7. Mind Mana now correctly gives +3% reserach rate instead of changing your research rate 3%.
8. Ars and Werewolves only produce units when killing living units.
9. Permanent summons start without movement.
10. Armageddon sound effects added when the coutner goes up or down (for woodelf).
11. Fixed requirements for horsemen.
12. A civs sefault race will only be applied when units are built (no more dwarven spiders).
13. War weariness is no longer applied when non-living units die.
14. The AI can now upgrade mana nodes.
15. Fixed the Avatar of Wrath event so it won't take all the units.

Patch "t":
1. Added the Banish spell.
2. Added the Hideous Thoughts spell.
3. Added the Feed spell.
4. Added the stigmata mechanic.
5. Railroads cant be placed with advanced start.
6. Fixed the Get Axe ability.
7. Free units on game start get their civs default race.
8. Captured units keep their old unit type if they were UU's.
9. Fixed the Armageddon Counter so it is correctly adjusted for all the players in the game.
10. Fixed the error in Become Patriarch.
11. Fixed the error building adepts with a Cave of Ancestors.
12. Fixed defensive fear.
13. Fixed Elohim warrior model.

Patch "u":
1. Hidden Nationality units ignore rite of passage agreements.
2. Fixed the error building pirate dens.
3. Perpentach's diplo text fixed.
4. Disable upgrade works correctly now (luchurip warriors can upgrade to wood golems).
5. Captured bears can make Dancing Bears buildings.
6. Resistances added.
7. Fire resistance is required to enter flames tiles.
8. Added the Sacrifice the Weak mechanic (change food consumption through a civic).
9. Stoneskin mechanic added.
10. Cults arent displayed on the religion screen.

Patch "v":
1. Damage Type Vulnerabilities (negative resistances) are used.
2. Resistances don't add 100 points to combat strength.
3. Burnt Forests will now upgrade to new forests correctly.
4. Fixed an error that could cause adepts to keep from getting their free promotion.
5. Fixed a bunch of promotion upgrade issues.

Warning:

This will not be a fun playable game for a while. Those that download and try it out will be doing the team and I a huge favor as playtesters. But if you want to play FfH for fun I would strongly suggest 0.23.

What I need from you:

Okay, Im finally ready to start hearing about whats missing. I will keep a list there of the things I know are missing in the first post. If you find other things that are missing that aren't on that list please post and let me know. And of course keep posting errors and crashes.

Source Code:

For those that are interested I will try to keep an updated version of the source code here. This version is particuarly interesting to modders because there aren't any FfH attributes in any xml file (no modified schema) so the Spells can be easily merged into existing projects.

All documentation is in the code. Just do a search for "Spell System" and you will see all the changes.

Download Source Code: Spell System Source Code (updated 07/29/2007)

Issues:
. No rename city popup (I removed "self.__eventEditCityNameBegin(city, False)" from onCityBuild)
. Multiplay OOS's

To do:
. Nothing!

To do- waiting for "Shadow":
. Trophies
. invisibility applied by promotion
. causes war attribute/check on spells
. mana bar gui
. Horsemen spawn mana when they die
. Need to add the Sprawling trait effects
. Dirge spawn
. evangelist mechanic
. Magnadine captures barbarians

Main Download: FfH 2 BtS Conversion Beta

Patch: Patch "v" (updated 09/05/2007)

This will not be a fun playable game for a while. Those that download and try it out will be doing the team and I a huge favor as playtesters. But if you want to play FfH for fun I would strongly suggest 0.23.

I'm in for playtesting if it is help to you :) Just a question- how big will be the download, and will it have patches? I just wont be able do download 300 MB every week :(

8. Added a custom "Gold" interface.

Yay!

If there's one thing I can do, it's crash a game. I shall test a few plays; finding a crash or issue now saves a lot of effort later on.

The first post is updated with a download. Let me know if you run into issues.

Downloading, hope it'll work in multiplayer. Where should I report the crashes, by the way?

Downloading, hope it'll work in multiplayer. Where should I report the crashes, by the way?

This thread is fine, thanks Jono.

I started an advanced start with Perpentach. The game started with hell terrain everwhere, I could place a city on mana and nothing happened to the mana and as I started the game I could build the Shrine of the Champion.

I started a normal game afterwards and the same happened (except for the city placed on mana part).

EDIT1: I can also research Seafaring.
EDIT2: I can still settle on mana and the game skips 60 years a turn.
EDIT3: The Insane trait doesn't work and the starting settler features no more than any other settler, but on the bright side, the game has yet to crash.

Yeah, a lot of things aren't as they should be, I think I'll stick to crashes for now.

Tried starting a classical start. The game crashed at the end of the turn and I can't upload a save, because CFC doesn't accept BtS saves yet.

Can't you zip it?

Once I get BtS, I'll help out with this.

I started an advanced start with Perpentach. The game started with hell terrain everwhere, I could place a city on mana and nothing happened to the mana and as I started the game I could build the Shrine of the Champion.

I started a normal game afterwards and the same happened (except for the city placed on mana part).

EDIT1: I can also research Seafaring.
EDIT2: I can still settle on mana and the game skips 60 years a turn.
EDIT3: The Insane trait doesn't work and the starting settler features no more than any other settler, but on the bright side, the game has yet to crash.

Yes, I cant stress this enough, there are a hundred FfH features that aren't implemented yet. We aren't ready to be reporting those issues yet.

I don't know if it would be appropriate to playtest this now. BTS is not quite stable. I got a couple of freezes, and 2 crashes already, and it is still the first day. What I mean it might be difficult to track whether the crash is caused by the MOD or the game itself.

There is a patch out there, but it is said that it is only a sync. between the USA release and the international one.

Anyway, I will download it. Anything in hope it will be out soon.

MAN! This is 222 MB, you should mention that! (still downloading)

Will it be possible for updates to be patches, i.e. include only modified files. You may still upload a full updated version, so there may be a download for those who will do it for the first time and another for those who only need the modified and new files.

It depends on what changes.

I had my first CTD. Once you hit the end turn button. I got an Auto-save the turn before (lucky me). It didn't take any effort to recreate the CTD again and again. I had limited actions to change however. I had just built my hero, gave him a promotion (different promotion each time). I moved a worker (different tile each time). If an earlier save is needed I can provide one.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/115758/Tamer_AD-5511-FFH24-CTD.rar

P.S. Nice interface color scheme.

Another P.S. I know you are interested only in crashes but aren't XML related bugs reportable? I don't mean things that need yet to work but things that aren't right. ex: seafaring tech costs 1 picker, elven scout doesn't have double movement in forests (other elven units do). I think he misses the elven promotion (not sure).

Last P.S. I haven't detailed the game settings as it can be checked when the file is loaded.

I had my first CTD. Once you hit the end turn button. I got an Auto-save the turn before (lucky me). It didn't take any effort to recreate the CTD again and again. I had limited actions to change however. I had just built my hero, gave him a promotion (different promotion each time). I moved a worker (different tile each time). If an earlier save is needed I can provide one.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/115758/Tamer_AD-5511-FFH24-CTD.rar

P.S. Nice interface color scheme.

Another P.S. I know you are interested only in crashes but aren't XML related bugs reportable? I don't mean things that need yet to work but things that aren't right. ex: seafaring tech costs 1 picker, elven scout doesn't have double movement in forests (other elven units do). I think he misses the elven promotion (not sure).

Last P.S. I haven't detailed the game settings as it can be checked when the file is loaded.

Nope, just crashes. The seafaring tech will eventually be blocked by python, elven promotion will be automatically given to all ljosalfar and svartalfar units by python. We aren't ready for those sorts of issues yet.

Thanks for the save, I'll check it out.

I know it's pointless to report right now, but right now, the Adventurer is just a tier 0 unit.

make a .zip or .rar archive of the autosave just before the crash and upload it

(BTS comes out tommorow, i'm getting it in the morning, so when i get it i'm up to the task Kael!)

Top Bottom