FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Played with patch "l" and stumbled on some little issues. The Spellicons say e.g. "CastDescr (Restore City)" instead of only e.g. "Restore City" and the helptext for stables is missing.

Weaponmaterial upgrades are not applied to units located in cities when the reqirements for that upgrade were just fullfilled. Insteat I had to move units (in this case Elohim Warriors) out of the city and than back in. Now the upgrade was done properly.

As far as I remember I had to pillage a barrow manually instead that it was pillaged automatic when my unit walked on that field.

I builded the Altar of Luonnotar II in my capital city. With the next Great Prophet it was possible to build the Altar of Luonnotar III (as intendet I guess) and again the Altar of Luonnotar I?!? I don't think this should be possible ...

Homeland Promotion retreat chance seems to be applied even when the unit is outside of your cultural borders.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 143
the way damage types were done before in XML was a bit big for what it it did (like about 20 lines for each unit even if it had no special damage types/affinities), so i was thinking it might be neater if it was done in a way similar to terrain bonuses and the like if possible, i.e.:
<SpecialDamageTypes>
_<SpecialDamageType>
__<DamageType>DAMAGE_FIRE</DamageType>
__<iStrengthAmount>2</iStrengthAmount>
_</SpecialDamageType>
</SpecialDamageTypes>
<SpecialAffinityTypes>
_<SpecialAffinityType>
__<AffinityType>BONUS_MANA_FIRE</AffinityType>
__<iStrengthAmount>1</iStrengthAmount>
_</SpecialAffinityType>
</SpecialAffinityTypes>

that way, even in the case where a unit has an affinity and a special damage its still shorter than previously, and in cases where the unit has neither (which is the most common), the unit could only have 2 lines devoted to something that doesnt do anything for it.

Phyton error next turn.

Attachments

• Robbe phytonerror.CivBeyondSwordSave
    273.8 KB · Views: 50
  • phyton error.jpg
    phyton error.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 94
Sirona's Touch seems to work just one time. After the first use the icon vanishes like intended ... but that's it! The icon doesn't reappear in the following turns (for proper targets).

After playing 7 turns, I got this:

(btw, no he does NOT have the barbarian trait, to avoid pointless posts)

I then loaded the autosave and went into the WB to see what caused it, and sure enough it was the barbarians:

Perhaps only one unit should be allowed to spawn from each ruins, barrows, etc until Orthus spawn? Because that would defiantly be not fun if it were a human player in control.

Your screenshot shows something else:
Barbarian Lizardmen are shown as acrobats now...

Another thing: Ingenuity is supposed to lower upgrade costs, but it seems to do the opposite.
Playing Doviellos Mahala the upgrade of a Warrior to a Javelin Thrower did cost more than 200 Gold.
Upgrade from Scout to Hunter is 112 Gold.

There's something wrong with withdrawal rates when defending: a hunter 'fled' my attacker, and took the entire city garrison with him to an adjacent tile.

Good Morning Folks,
you know I'm actually german so I played the FfH Beta in german for a few days now and I came across some bugs I'd like to share to improve your product:
(the Unit and tech names are freely translated into english, so I can't guarantee they're correct)

1. The text when you meet the Balseraph has got some cosmetical Bug.
Text Form: <tab> Seid gegrüsst!
<tab> Hallo Frischfleisch

2. When you develop the Tech Bootsbau (Boatbuilding?), there is no text in the text window

3. When your build your first Unit, a message occurs telling you, you have built an armoured and a helicopter Unit

4. Another minor thing(not even a Bug): Time runs to fast in my opinion. It looks kinda strange when you are in the year 6000 after reincarnation(?). I would prefer a smaller intervall.
(imagine you play 1500 turns, you would probably be in the year 15000)

5. But this is a real Bug: Dwarven Bear Riders don't start with the ability Dwarve.
And, shouldn't they be called Boar Riders, cause in fact you need Pigs not Bears to build them?

6. Maybe bug:
Ability to evolve a Bear Rider into the weaker Streitwagen (no clue of translation, the fighting-vehicle with the animals pulling it)
Ability to evolve a Dwarven Fighter into Golem
(kinda strange, isn' it?)

7. There are no Hügelriesen (hill giants) joining you when you build the "Agreement with the Nilhorn"-wonder

8. There's no explanation of the world project "Heiligung des Elohim"

9. One major issue:
There's no historical message (like in Version 0.23) when Archelon the Red Dragon appears.
Archelon moves around destroying everything in it's way, even Civs

That's basically it.
I'd like to say one more thing. What you put up so far is very impressing and I greatly appreciate what you're doing for making this great game an even better one, so thanks to the whole FfH Development Team!

deleted, error in what I meant

Hi, some new stuff:

It seems a forge isn't necessary to get the bronze weapon upgrade atm. (Not tested with weaponsmith and mithril weapon upgrade but possibly the same there)

I played a short time with infernals - Dis spawns as a city (no location-choice via settlers like in 0.23) and with pop 1 instead 3. It's Possible that settlers start the next cities with pop 1 insteat 3 too. I couldn't test this due lack of time.

Balseraph's "Merryman" are named "Warrior"

The way diplomatic relation adjustments are displayed seems invers to Version 0.23.
e.g.: I play a evil civ and have diplomatic relations to a neutral civ, a mouse-over on the neutral civ in the score-list says amongst others "-2: You are neutral". In Version 0.23 it would say "-2: You are evil".
Don't know if this is just a textbug or if something with the diplomacy mechanic is messed up.

With patch "l" i gained the 3 hill giants with the Pact of the Nihold, Highjacker.

I also play with Patch "l".
Maybe the Nation I played with (the Luchuirp) caused this problem.
Could that be possible?

Correction of my previous post:
Not the Bear Riders start without having the Dwarf promotion, but the regular Warriors.

Sorry my fault:sad:

Patch "m" is linked in the first post. It will break saves (all patches in this conversion beta will) and makes the following changes:

Patch "m"
1. Fixed the hunter art (so they all dont appear as acrobats).
2. Fixed the getunitcreatedcount error on armageddon events.
3. Fixed the Pyplayer error in apoclypse.
4. Resource icons fixed.
5. Pearls are now harvestable.
6. Fixed the deforestation problem.
7. Spells that add promotions will no longer effect non-unitcombat units (great people, skeletons, etc).
8. Fixed Courage and Haste (so they will cast on all applicable units).
9. Defile is fixed.
10. Whirlwind now longer pushes units out of cities.
11. Enervation, Wither, Charm Person and Unyielding Order are now castable.
12. Weapons are set on units fortified in cities (you dont have to move them out and back in to upgrade).
13. Altar of the Luonnotar is correctly blocked.
14. Fixed the changeExperience functions in unitBuilt.
15. Ingenuity now correctly lowers upgrade costs.
16. Unit race is now saved in save games.
17. Alignment attitudes now show your alignment instead of the player judging you.

Some things I've come across - still playing with patch "K", though (Elohim, Huge map, 18 Civs, Marathon speed):

- Faeryl Viconia has no leader traits, just a blank space where her traits should be. Or maybe that's intentional?

- I had the asphalt roads + vanilla religion symbols too, but that appears to be fixed, yes?

- I play Elohim, and after I've researched Priesthood, my Scouts are upgradeable to Confessors. Maybe the Confessors are accidentally set as Recon units, will check.

- Mithril shows up, but when mined, does not appear as an icon within the city. Is Weaponsmithing required?

- Finally, and this is definitely a bug, I can execute the Glory Everlasting ritual with an Armageddon Count of zero.

Hope that helps, thanks for all the hard work, and will post more when I come across it.

patch m introduces some interesting unit-promotions for regular level-ups ...
(all are effect-promotions of some spells and behave like that too)

Attachments

• level-up.jpg
    level-up.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 112
These shouldn't show-up in the interface. They will only be acquired through a spell or some event.

Anyway, I am so happy with the pace that the conversion process is progressing with. New patches introduce new things all the time and don't only fix bugs or errors. I even noticed a new background for the game loading screen.

Keep up the good work Kael et al,

Top Bottom