FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I've said it before the latest patch, yet Kael missed it that time. So, obviously, not enough yet.

2. ushram

ushram Balseraph puppet

With guild of the nine and buying mercenaries. If you have a stack selected and you go to buy some mercs, you will then buy the same amount of mercs as units selected in the stack.

3. Emptiness

Emptiness []

That is intentional. Any given unit can hire one mercenary per turn. If you have multiple units selected, which all have a given ability, and you select that ability, all the units selected which are able to perform that ability will do so. This allows a large number of units to be issued an identical command simultaneously, to save time.

4. Steven Aus

Steven Aus Teach The World To Fish For Life

I'm willing to help with merging the standard FFH2 leaders' LeaderHeadInfos into FFH2 - I just need to know which files to get the LHIs from ("FFH Wild Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\FFHPLUS\Civs" or something else?) and which file from which directory in FFH2 the LeaderHeadInfos need to be added to (or does a new XML file needs to be created in a particular directory?). I offered my help before and the offer still stands. :)

Best regards,
    Steven.

5. TCB

TCB Chieftain

Not really a bug as such, but with the latest version of FFH2, 0.41m, after pressing end turn there seems to be a much longer wait than in the last version I played (probably 0.41k), even when not too far into the game. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

6. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Do it and compare the files with WinMerge maybe?

7. Emptiness

Emptiness []

I would expect there to be differences. Only some aspects of Wildmana have been merged with FfH2. For those people who want to play Wildmana, the option to play Wildmana still exists.

8. Feynman

Feynman Chieftain

I confirm this. FFH is now so slow that I can't play it any longer until this is fixed. I admit my computer is not the fastest one (3.3 GHz, single core, 1 Gbyte, minimum graphical settings), but it is fun killing to wait more than 2 min every turn even in the early game.

9. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

Malakim Lightbringers - - I never thought they used to go obsolete, but in a patch M game they seem to. I am not sure when, and I don't think I understand the xml files well enough to know all the "stuff" associated with these guys.

Maybe they've vanished from midgame/lategame for awhile, I might just be confused!

10. deanej

deanej Deity

Since base FFH doesn't use modular loading each file has to be merged with the one in base FFH.

11. Breunor

Breunor Deity

BlackArchon,

Sorry, I installed m and i can't load your game. Are you sure Decius isn't a vassal?

Best wishes,

Breunor

12. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Please post a saved game in which you can no longer build Lightbringers.

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Units won't go obsolete if any of their possible upgrades are still buildable. Lightbringers are likely no exception, so they go obsolete only when you have all religions and temples in the city.

14. Steven Aus

Steven Aus Teach The World To Fish For Life

So, base FFH2 leaders' LeaderHeadInfos have to be copied from:

FFH Wild Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\FFHPLUS\Civs

to:

Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Civilizations\Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

Is this correct? And also, can standard FFH2 leaders LHIs be copied verbatim (as-is) from the above Wild Mana files?

Best regards,
    Steven.

15. Brokenbone

Brokenbone Prince

I played a little further, and got the curious result of conquering a useless Barb city, which of all things CAN build Lightbringers. I figured maybe lack of religions/temples could have something to do with it, so I stuck a temple of Empy there, it didn't stop the LB being an eligible build. See Sludgehome, a little yellow dot in the midst of some overflowing Sheaim culture.

Getting excited about it, I settle Belerian in the extreme North of my Malakim lands, but oddly, no dice, LB isn't available.

Excuse the sloppiness of the save, this was a bit of a waste of a game, everyone in their own mountainy strongholds isolated (except I think the dwarves and Calabim have a tiny land bridge which facilitates war), so I have a lazy no-military goof off kind of game here, just checking out new features. Again, I guess it's not civics, absence/presence of religions, I'm just plain confused as to why one spot can build LB, the rest can't. *shrugs* I must've been able to build LB within the last hundred turns, always fun to do the "March" Disciple of Leaves up the ranger/beastmaster line.

Attached Files:

16. Folket

Folket Deity

Is it by design that some wonders give bonus to the civilization and some to the team? Like guild of hammers give the team forges while the nexus giving gates to only the civ that built it?

17. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

In my last game I saw what the game does when it resolves battles and why you don't see all battles. I had two barbarians on my screen besides my units and then the game zoomed in to one of my units so I could see that battle, but a little bit of my other unit was still on my screen and I saw that units battle animation as well (it died:(), two battles at the same time.

18. Tielby

Tielby Prince

I'm sorry but could you please explain this further? I've noticed being unable to build Lightbringers in my last game (patch k, Elohim) and warriors in many games, but only after buildings were in place that made it possible for me to build "better" (in the game's opinion) units. I assumed it was because of obsolescence, but your explanation makes that sound more-or-less impossible.

19. Wolfes

Wolfes Chieftain

in the game the help for the galley is not working correct, but in the civilopedia it working fine.

20. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, that is right. Units that go obsolete can still be built if at least one of their (direct) upgrades cannot be built. Warriors only upgrade directly to Axemen and Archers, so you may still build warriors in cities that cannot build both because they don't have both prerequisite buildings.

The ability to upgrade to their upgrade's upgrades (for warriors that would be longbowmen, crossbowmen, champions, phalanxes, berserkers, immortals, chariots, knights; for Lightbringers that would be Priests, High Priests, Druids, Eidola, Paladins, Stygian Guards, Rangers, Beastmasters, Mages, and Archmages) is not relevant to obsolescence.