1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ffh2 fallen

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ryansee, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ryansee

ryansee Chieftain

It's just depressing for me to see this forum empty or dead . Especially the old rp thread the way this mod died :( the memories I had the 1st time I met the ppl here . Playing rife and getting massacred . Deon and his modding . Mimic talking with him and rping .... Sigh rly good memories .

2. Copper Golem

Copper Golem Goblin

Yes. It is a bit hard to see this, but you know, its hard to keep people, when development stopped. :(

3. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Chieftain

This is hands down a game that i will probably play for the rest of my life. the depth and replay value is staggering. I think one reason it's dying is a lack of multiplayer. i also play red alert 2 online, which is still thriving even after over a decade now. i think its due to competitive online play. Kael has made a killer game and props to him for the time and energy that went into the greatest mod of all time. does ANY other mod have this kind of following? ever? ofr any other game?

4. Aline

Aline Cat

Well DotA keept TFT around far longer then it should and there is counterstrike, but who am i kidding FFH is the best.^^

5. Eshnunna

Eshnunna Chieftain

My thoughts exactly.
    RIP and thanks for all the fond memories

6. Terkhen

Terkhen Chieftain

I discovered FFH2 recently. I'm completing the scenarios, and I have also been playing multiplayer with some friends. I guess that you can consider the core part of the mod done, but there are people still working on fixing bugs and adding some unintrusive features. I have been thinking on adding a few modcomps myself (keeping the lore intact of course).

FFH2 is IMO not dead, just almost complete. It is playable in multiplayer with mods (I had no problems at all myself) and it has great replayability. I agree that it is a bit sad that "official" development has stopped, but I wouldn't call it dead myself :)

7. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

I agree. The influence of the mod continues to be felt, almost as a yardstick to which other mods (in almost any game) aspire. Beyond that, there's still a (hard)core group here and people continuing to discover and become addicted to it. And while the replayability might not be infinite, I'd say, sincerely, it's good for around a decade's worth... which in the gaming industry is tantamount to immortality!

8. ryansee

ryansee Chieftain

Come over to the mutiplayer thread and resurrect this thing .

9. Tholal

Tholal Chieftain

There's still plenty of people playing FFH (my latest beta release has been downloaded 34 times), it's just the forums that have quieted down since Kael left.

10. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Chieftain

thats good to hear. i proclaim its awesomeness to most every gamer i meet. "hey have you heard of FFH2?" not because i want to play multiplayer with them, but because a good product deserves recognition and the more recognition the more the big dog game producers notice and cater to us.... just trying to do my part.

11. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

Maybe there is some way of advertising it on the net - youtube videos or something?

12. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Heh, those were definitely great times. I will never regret that I've spent a lot of time learning how to make models for Civ4 and how to mod it, it brought me a great joy (and while it may sound a bit too loud, but my Malakim+ in the end became RiFE because our great Valkrionn picked it up and developed to GREAT heights into a great modmod).

I may come back to Civ4 modding eventually, but it's unlikely right now (because there are many interesting games appearing in the horison which I would like to mod and also because three jobs and post-graduate studing take a lot of time, not to tell about family and my wife who constantly tells me that I do not spend enough time with her :p).

Also I must say thanks to all people here that we are still around, it's a great game and its quality and amount of interesting things and lore are really amazing, and that was done by Kael and team.

And Cephalo (I think it was him) once told something about "plump helmets" and said NEVER to google it if we want to keep sanity. It was in some random post in some random thread, but I googled it and learned about the best game ever Dwarf Fortress which I mod until today, so it definitely changed my life :).

With love to all our FFH community, Deon.

13. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Chieftain

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Are you a fellow dorf too? :)

15. ryansee

ryansee Chieftain

Deon you taught me DF how could I forget ya :) me , u and Tas playing on hamachi good times it's Ahmed btw

16. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Oh hello, ofc I remember you (I wondered who you are, "Ryansee" rings something),

17. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Why the RIPs? If the mod isn't talked about much, doesn't mean that it isn't played.

18. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

It's not about mod, it's about old multiplayer communities and the like :).

19. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

20. Estelindis

Estelindis Chieftain

Same here! :D I play FFH quite frequently; the mod isn't dead for me at all. I understand that the forum used to be much more active, but isn't the most important thing that we have an amazing mod to enjoy regardless of the state of the community?