ffh2 hell terrain without infernals/bradeline's well

omegaflames

Warlord
so I'm playing a game where the svartalfar have a 3x3 area of hell terrain with the center of it being an entropy mana node. I control the bradeline's well in my territory 15 or so tiles away from this and the infernals have not been founded yet. I loaded the turn 1 game autosave and double checked that there is really just a normal mana node that got upgrade by the svartalfar into an entropy node and is now spawning hell terrrain. AC is currently at 41. How did the hell terrain start? is that something that an entropy node normally does?

so I'm playing a game where the svartalfar have a 3x3 area of hell terrain with the center of it being an entropy mana node. I control the bradeline's well in my territory 15 or so tiles away from this and the infernals have not been founded yet. I loaded the turn 1 game autosave and double checked that there is really just a normal mana node that got upgrade by the svartalfar into an entropy node and is now spawning hell terrrain. AC is currently at 41. How did the hell terrain start? is that something that an entropy node normally does?

If you have an entropy node, there's a random event where the entropy node flares, causing a 3x3 block of hell terrain. It doesn't happen to every entropy node and IIRC only once per game maximum. If the AC is high enough, hell can spread from this flare without Hyborem ever being summoned. (So, for example, when the AC gets above 50, hell will begin to spread within Svartalfar territory, if they're still Evil. If they followed the Veil, hell would have spread from the flare immediately, and if the flare ended up in unclaimed territory, it would also be spreading as the AC is over 25.)

Top Bottom