FfH2 load automatically\only one leader available

a515

Chieftain
When I first had this mod, I am sure the game would start with this mod already loaded and a nice Fall from Heaven 2 background. Now Civ 4 keeps reverting back to beyond the sword. I can't get it to the way it was...

Also I only have access to one leader and one world size choice, I thought there were different factions which I can't seem to access. I can only choose scenario mode, and only one scenario with one leader.

Anyone got any ideas, can anyone help me out. I would appreciate it.

I have the steam version and have tried to resolve this through a search engine.

I'm afraid I don't know much about running civ with Steam, so I can't help with your first problem.
Edit: But this helpful post can: Replace "Fall From Heaven" shortcut with "Beyond the Sword".
Copy your "normal" Fall From Heaven shortcut. Rename the new version "EitB" or whatever you prefer.

Right click the shortcut and click "Properties". Under the "Shortcut" tab, make the following changes:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Erebus in the Balance"

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Erebus in the Balance"

(If you have the Steam version, or otherwise have a different path to Sid Meier's Civilization 4, change the folders as necessary.)

Hope that helps. :)

As for the leader choice / world size issue:
You are playing Fall From Heaven: Age of Ice, which comes with Beyond the Sword. It is a scenario wherein you play as Kylorin, and he is the only playable leader. Fall from Heaven II, which is not a scenario, is a seperate mod which you will need to download separately.

I am having this problem as well. I remember having many choices on my older machine, but now that I have the game on steam, it has been driving me crazy. I finally get the mod to load and there is only a single scenario with only one civ to play? Where did all the choice go? I read the above post, but I can find the download for the main game, only this scenario. It said 0.41 but I get 'FallfromHeaven2041n'. WHERE IS THE MAIN GAME?
Note: until I can get this to work normally, I am not messing with the shortcut thing.

Top Bottom