FFH2 Multiplayer Games - Invitation and Information

Sureshot

Goddess
Multiplayer Game Info (Updated Frequently)
Version: Fire 0.25l (make sure you are patched all the way! games are usually the most recent version)

*Games going on usually most days, just post here or join Hamachi to get into a game*
*Read about Hamachi Virtual LAN for info about using a virtual LAN for larger games or finding people to play with, or lower for a link on how to fix router problems, or for the link to iirc chat program used sometimes when a big game is about to start to help coordinate*
*Feel free to chat away on this thread and figure out your connection issues via questions and answers, or discuss multiplayer games had, or wonder out loud on some good multiplayer scenarios*

Hamachi Virtual LAN
Due to some problems getting games with more than 4 people connected properly in multiplayer, we've been using the virtual LAN program, Hamachi. Click the following link for more information and a download (grab the beta version):
http://www.hamachi.cc/download/
Once installed, run it, and go through the steps it says to join a virtual network, choosing:
FallFromHeaven (you'll have to type it in I think, and its case sensitive), with password ffh
or
FallFromHeavenAnnex, with password ffh
or
FallFromHeaven2, with password ffh
or
FallFromHeavenFull, with password ffh

For FfH BtS:
FfHBtS password ffh
FfHBtS Team password ffh
FallFromHeavenBTS password ffh

DIRECT IP through Hamachi Virtual LAN
Right click someones name and choose "Chat" to first talk and set up a game. Once a host is chosen and they've set up a game, then you can join it.
To join a hosted game, simply right-click the host players name from the list and choose "Copy Address", paste this in the Direct IP section in civ4.

Game Settings (Typical Settings, changes frequently)
Gamespeed: Quick
Map: Varied
Size: Varied
Terrain: Varied
Sea Level: Varied
Era: Ancient
No Tech Trading except in Player Free For Alls
Require Complete Kills
Raging Barbarians

Relative Times for Scheduling Games in Advance
Sunday 4AM GMT (if they had daylights savings time :p)
Saturday 8PM PST | Saturday 11PM EST | Saturday 1AM Brasilia
Sunday 5AM Sweden Time (CEST)
Sunday 6AM Jerusalem Time
Sunday 1PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Not updated

Router Issues
I found the following links excessively useful for solving router problems:
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=41540
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=153626 <- Link with correction for the link before it (about an incorrect port given)

Multiplayer Out of Game Chat
This link will lead you to the #ffh room sometimes used to co-ordinate games, in browser based iirc (just enter #ffh instead of the #CGXXXX):
http://cgiirc.blitzed.org/

*#2 post is for custom leaders if we do a custom leader game*
*#3 post is for recent game recaps* Link for Multiplayer Stories Thread
*#4 post is for commentary*
*#5 post is for commentary*
*#6 post is for custom game types*

The following leaders will be used for Multiplayer games sometime in the near future.

Asteroth of the Sheaim[TAB]( Draconian )
Traits &#8212; Financial, Philosophical, Raider and Scorched Earth.
Allignment &#8212; Evil.

Ben Calchet of the Calabim[TAB]( BCalchet )
Traits &#8212; Financial, Raider and Sprawling.
Allignment &#8212; Evil.

Darius of the Ljosalfar[TAB]( Chandrasekhar )
Traits &#8212; Creative and Financial.
Allignment &#8212; Neutral.

Dread, Lord of the Calabim[TAB]( Grey Fox )
Traits &#8212; Aggressive, Financial and Philosophical.
Allignment &#8212; Evil.

Gwen of the Lanun[TAB]( Suresot )
Traits &#8212; Financial, Raider and Sprawling.

Jono of the Hippus[TAB]( Jono )
Traits &#8212; Aggressive, Organized, Raider and Scorched Earth.
Allignment &#8212; Evil.

Julius Bloodmoon of the Calabim[TAB]( Silverkiss )
Traits &#8212; Creative, Expansive and Spiritual.
Allignment &#8212; Evil.

Vermillion, Lord of the Elohim[TAB]( Lord Vermillion )
Traits &#8212; Financial, Philosophical and Spiritual.

Reserved for comments about the games, and anything else I decide.

FfH Fractal is a nice map generator. Check out dreiche's thread where he posted it.

Just to clarify, the game referred to in the opening post is the next scheduled game, but anyone with time to kill is welcome to come and play until then. Just post and give any relevent information, and maybe we'll start one up.

August 25: had a heck of a time playing Ljosalfar. Had priests of Leaves and everything set up. Ancient forest heaven! With Leaves, the Ljosalfar do very well in multi. Without... I'd say they're well balanced.View attachment 136617

August 26: and thus does the saga of the Ljos/Khaz/Lanun alliance end. Fun stuff, playing on a team against emperor AI. We probalby should have gone for Gilden.

August 30/31st: really awesome game to get Orthus' axe. Managed to show just how powerful adventurer hunters and rangers can get. The barb spawns were strange, but fighting three people at once is no small thing. [note: can't find the save. Does anyone else that participated have a copy?]

no experiance is required, using the most current version don't hesistate to join in even if you can't play anytime soon
can play any civ you please

reserved for future relevant posts

Custom Game Types

Orthus Axe
The goal of this game is to get Orthus' Axe and keep it for 100 turns. Whoever has the axe is at war with everyone else and may be attacked freely until they lose it. Typically not too long a game.
Noble
FFA
No AI's
Raging Barbs
One City Challenge
Require Complete Kills

Survival
The goal of this game is outlast your allies. The last one remaining wins. Typically a short game.
Deity
Team vs. AI Team
More AI's than Players
Atleast 1 AI with Barb trait
Raging Barbs
One City Challenge
Require Complete Kills

Custom Leaders
Each player gets to choose the traits for their leader. You can choose either 2 traits, or 4 traits where one is a negative trait (Scorched Earth or Agnostic). Refer to post #2 for examples.

Custom Start
Each player gets to decide the fat-cross of their starting location, any terrain/feature that would come up in a pangaea type map is allowed, but with only 3 resources in the fat-cross (any you choose).

Let the reign of Multiplayer Thread the 2nd begin!!!

I would usually hope for stone in a single player game, but I don't see that as very useful for multiplayer. I'm going with all in for 4 mana nodes :p

I'm playing Hippus (I'm not sure if the civs are permanent or not, but I think I'm more expirienced with them in the overall), I'm not sure how anything else would really help me in the long run (seeing as the terrain is prechosen as is).

I would do Corn, Cow, Gems, and Copper.

See right there, ours are similar, if everyone put what they like along these lines, we could work it out, heck...we could all pick civs for it (most likely our usual ones) and make it a big scenario. Unfortunately we would have to pick a set number of civs and if all werent present, we prob. wouldnt be able to play it for balance reasons (ie. huge gaps in the map).

We could probably have a map script made, that would settle it.

well if i chose lanun id pick fish, crab, clams and pearls though

different civs want different things, so i think itd be better to only restrict number not type. anyone can pick optimal, but some might want to try different things and i cant see anything being unfair really. taking mithril might help you later, but itd be a long time til you see it for instance.

Sureshot said:
well if i chose lanun id pick fish, crab, clams and pearls though

different civs want different things, so i think itd be better to only restrict number not type. anyone can pick optimal, but some might want to try different things and i cant see anything being unfair really. taking mithril might help you later, but itd be a long time til you see it for instance.

good point, I like the "4" idea. Again, we would prob. have to pick specific civs, and we wouldnt have to play this map everytime we played, just when the main X number of people predetermined for the map are available.

as cassiel... hmmm
sugar and copper and corn and dyes...
i would be a powerhouse with agriculture and calendar and then be able to get my axeman with copper

As Tasunke of Hippus: Copper (1), Gold (1) and Mana (2). Gold and copper on grassland hills, river by/surrounding copper hill.

Top Bottom