1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFH2 Patch B - Military Units Problem (Steam)

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting' started by DarthJohn, Jun 30, 2009.

1. DarthJohn

DarthJohn Chieftain

Prior to BtS 3.19 I was happy and having fun with FFH2 (recently discovered...AWESOME!). Unfortunately now with BtS 3.19 and FFH2 patch B, though the game loads and appears to function, military units cannot be selected. If the game cycles through the units they can be controlled, only the unit's HUD does not display. It's just blank.

I've reinstalled Steam, BtS, and FFH2 just to see if that would fix it but alas it has not.

Does anyone else have this issue?

2. Siderealex

Siderealex Chieftain

Still trying to get it to work on Steam. Did you have to use a weird path to get it to work?

3. DarthJohn

DarthJohn Chieftain

When you install BtS from Steam the application path is not written to the registry until the game is run. If you have not run the game after installing BtS, they just run the game and then exit it. This will write the path. After you exit the game, run the FFH2 installer. Once that is done, run the media pack (if you want it), then install patch B.

I am running the game on Windows XP and not Vista. If you are running Vista then there may be other complications with that beast of a POS OS. If you are running Windows 7 CR, then I would not expect it to work at all since this is not a final release of the OS.

Honestly, I'm about ready to ditch Steam and go purchase the physical media and be done with it. Perhaps D2D would also be a better alternative? Steam has a long history of incompetence when it comes to game stability, stretching all the way back to the days when it was birthed to handle HL, CS, and DoD. Oh memories...