1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

FFH2 should obsolete Civ V.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sinyail, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Sinyail

Sinyail Sinyail

:mischief: As the title says FFH2 (I play Magisters Modmod cause I believe it is the most updated and true to lore atm and probably forever props to the Magister) should obsolete Civ V. In terms of quality FFH2 absolutely destroys Civ V. Think about all the time that they put into creating the stories for each civilization, units and the Gods/Demons. If major developers like Firaxis put as much SOUL into their games as the FFH2 team did then nobody would be disappointed with Civ V and it would be a major improvement over Civ IV. I'm not gonna name what I believe is wrong with CiV, as this has been done already ad-nausea, but I am gonna say what I think could improve CiV. An in depth analysis. If you don't have time to read the rest of my pending list of possible CiV improvements then I would suggest a soda. Dr. Pepper is good. Step # 1 for possible improvements for CiV: Hire Derek "Kael" Paxton and fire everyone else. :king:

2. Funky

Funky Emperor

Unfortunately, nowadays it's not quality that makes products sell, but the marketing of these products. In fact, products can be terrible quality-wise and will still be fanatically defended, as with Civ 5.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Yeah, FFH2 rocks, even though Kael made some questionable AI decisions.

And there're always people who prefer gunz to spellz.

4. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

FFH is definitely amazing, more so than Civ V. It is an inspiration to all modders, myself included. :)

5. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

FFH is an amazing game.

However, the main civilization line is about making a historical civilization thrive, not about leading a band of vampire despots and exploiting your army of serfs.

And is there any 'soul' put in Civ4 as opposed to Civ5? I can't see the difference (although I prefer the former game).

6. Steamwerks

Steamwerks Warlord

Unquestionably, Civ4 shows loving care. Consider the tone of the Nimoy narrated intro, the rigorous mod-ability, Baba-Yetu, the tightly tuned difficulty, the extensive community playtesting that preceded the release. It's that same sense of passion and effort that you get from a game like Alpha Centauri.

7. Sinyail

Sinyail Sinyail

I just like FFH2 so much that I can't bring myself to play CiV instead. Though i did enjoy CiV the couple of times that I completed a game, I used tholals various mods such as G&K's enhanced, and his unofficial patch, I find myself continually drawn to FFH2 when I want to be threatened by a nigh impenetrable dragon fortress and or nigh invincible Bannor SOD. lol