1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 v0.41d and vista issue

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting' started by Bootsiuv, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Prince

Hello, I recently installed Civ IV on my laptop, then installed BtS, then patched up to 3.19, then I installed FfH2 v0.41d, then I installed Orbis v0.24B.

I can run regular BtS fine, but everytime I try to run FfH it says the game has stopped working.

I have a rather old laptop (2+ years) with intel celeron 1.6 GHz and 512 MB of RAM (pathetic I know), but I was only hoping to be able to play duel/tiny maps when I have to travel. I generally play FfH2/Orbis on my desktop, but that has XP (and a lot more RAM) so I really can't use that for a reference.

Has anyone else experienced vista compatibility issues with FfH2?

BTW, I also tried going into the program folder and running the game from there, as well as checking the "run in windows xp service pack 2 compatibility mode" and "run as administrator", but nothing seems to help. Could my low ram/processor speed have anything to do with it?

I'm assuming there is a vista/FfH2 compatibility issue...surely someone else must be running into this.

Any thoughts/comments/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

2. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Prince

Hmmm, well, if no one knows what could be causing my other problem, let me ask another question...

Is anyone playing .41d with Vista right now? Seeing as how the OS is over 2.5 years old, I can't imagine that all FfH2 players are on XP.

Any thoughts are welcome. :)

3. Quadel

Quadel Chieftain

Yes indeed, I'm having the exact same problem here. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing works, so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

4. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Prince

I'm beginning to suspect that FfH2 isn't compatible with Vista for whatever reason.

I find it hard to imagine that ALL FfH2 players use XP, but I suppose it's a possibility.

For anyone with technical knowledge about Vista, here is the report that comes with my error...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Application Version: 3.0.3.1
    Application Timestamp: 46ba12f3
    Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a50bc33
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00064070
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: eb4b
    Additional Information 2: f0ba61663ed0456e746fa8052330fe73
    Additional Information 3: 2072
    Additional Information 4: 0628a5f1a5fa17ab55c407f7f5c7960e

5. zbelg

zbelg Warlord

I've had no trouble with it at all until very recently (running on the same version), when the mod would just not load and civIV would get a "Not Responding" error. The only other mod that this happens with is History of Three Kingdoms, I'm running on Vista and from Steam.

I really don't know what the problem is but I'll blame Vista. I've tried running through compatibility mode (in the properties for Civ4BeyondSword.exe) but I don't know how well that works through steam. If anyone has an idea what might be wrong I'd also be appreciative.

6. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I don't have technical knowledge of Vista, but can say the mod works fine for me.

@Bootsiuv:

You said you installed FfH2 v0.41d. Are you sure you installed the whole mod and not just the patch? It wasn't clear from your post. Sometimes people accidentally install only the patch rather than installing the full mod followed by the patch.

(If you did first install the mod and then patch it to patch d, then I don't know what your problem could be. Sorry.)

7. blade117

blade117 The Unburnt

I have Vista and it works fine for me.

8. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Prince

Hehe.

Don't worry, I installed the entire mod, but my 2 year old decided to pull his willy out and pee on my laptop, so I don't even have to worry about it until I get it fixed. :)