FfH2 Wallpaper

No stress, your work is definitly appreciated. As far as I know there is still one member of the FfH team that has never actually played the mod.

Nah, I'm really enjoying the creation process.

You should have a video tomorrow. ;)

Actually, it's done, but I still have to lowres it so I can post it here. It's rather big... and I think you will like how I handled your suggestions. Just look at the desktops I posted to get a feel for what is going on.

Does that mean I'm on the team... :lol:

Nah, I'm really enjoying the creation process.

You should have a video tomorrow. ;)

Actually, it's done, but I still have to lowres it so I can post it here. It's rather big... and I think you will like how I handled your suggestions. Just look at the desktops I posted to get a feel for what is going on.

Does that mean I'm on the team... :lol:

Technically everyones on the team. The particular "team members" are merely the sacrificial lambs to ridicule, angst, and my shananagins.
-Qes

I decided there needed to be a Cult of the Dragon Wallpaper, so I made one. :p

Spoiler Wallpaper in 1024 x 768 :

Other sizes
CultOfTheDragon1280x960.zip
CultOfTheDragon1280x1024.zip
CultOfTheDragon1600x1200.zip

I didn't draw the dragons, I just compiled them, and drew the rest by copying/painting. I used these three dragon images:
Red Dragon - by Paul Jaguays
Black Dragon - Someones Avatar in a Polish(?) Dragon RPG (I think...)
Gold Dragon - From Fantasy Foundation, a site about Fantasy, from Taiwan.

I used this image as reference when I needed to complete the red dragons wings.
Also used some cloud/lightning images I found through Google.

No stress, your work is definitly appreciated. As far as I know there is still one member of the FfH team that has never actually played the mod.

Is it Roland? :)

@Miloe and Hexagonian:
I have to say I appreciate every Work that is done connected with FfH!!!

So, sorry guys, I did not want to insult or criticize anyone. It was just strange to see the Orhus pic dublicated infront of Vampires and "Some Warhammer High Elven fighting Scaven" -Screenshot titled with the order. (the pic looks absolutely great, colours, composition and especially the meteors! and I know Ploe introduced the warhammer Bloodthirster as Hyborem, too)

And I can`t demand from anyone to draw everything himself, cause I try that (or at least use ingame shots as base) and cause of that I know that it uses up a lot of time and is not worth it, if you dont feel like its necessary. (And this is not sarcasm or irony or something, your Pics look absolutely great and thus prove that a good composition is art on its own)

I would simply like to see more stuff directly connected with the game (thats why i preferred the ingame movie over your slightshow). And I have the experience, mainly from friends who play FfH II, that they always accuse us (the team) of "here you used guildwars icons"... "here you used Warhammer stuff"..."here you used Magic tG card stuff".
So, a Wallpaper with stuff from other games, titling it FfH is just... not right, i think FfH gives the opportunity to create new stuff or in future make use of its original assets for Wallpapers and the like.

So, i am waiting for comments making fun of my pathetic, overestimating-the-whole-thing view ;)

Feel free to ignore this post.

Original art would be cool. But keep in mind that all of the wallpapers I started this thread with aren't original either. There is no original 2d art in FfH (except for a few very basic leader flags).

I get the mean posts and pm's for it too. Anyone here whose been around for a while has seen a post or two from someone revealing the deep dark secret that we didnt origionate some of our art assets (this "revelation" despite the fact that its stated with the original artists in the main thread and readme).

But for now we concentrate on game design, writing, and 3d models. Those are the highest priority needs. Once we get done, we may go back and try to remove all copywrighted material from the mod, but for now we have enough work just getting it done.

Besides why create origional 2d artwork when we may just replace that asset later on. Consider everything a placeholder until we are finished.

i think its a question where to draw the line between un-realistic and realistic game art. someone might draw a picture of Hannah the Irin with tentacles, i'd still consider it a good picture because thats the artist own view of her. in the other hand, someone might think its not good because its too off from the real Hannah.

i think one thing we all can agree is that all the pictures have genuine ffh2 "feeling" to them, and thats the main point to me atleast. whether the art actually falls into category of pure self-drawn unique art, is a question of skill, time and will. unless you have all those three, you cant make "perfect" ffh2 pictures, and not everyone can afford all those but nevertheless they still want to contribute.

some facts from my pics:

every pic has something that is borrowed from other pics.
everything i borrowed, i changed in some way so its not straight copy from anything.
it took me 4 hours to make ashen veil pic, its the one with least details and least own art.
it took me 18 hours without breaks to make keelyn pic, the one with most self-made content. almost half of that time was spent on looking for suiting background for the pic because starting from scratch would have been too much work.

as i told you i like your pics!
so no offense here.

I just want our mod to reach its full potential regarding originality, because i think the great universe Kael and the writing team has created, deserves this.
But what about getting some ingame shots of Battles, cut out the figures, set them in a cool background and put your filters on them, which give em such a great look. (I mean you could have easily some Bannor and angel units fighting demons or other Infernal guys as a base and then some colour adjustments and environment would create a more ffh feeling than mark of chaos pics :) )

I say that, because I simply miss those kind of Wallpapers, those actual game stuff :)

But I support you doing any kind of wallpaper, dont feel anyway demotivated or unwelcome, I am just triing to get you into a direction of content i would prefer (your style rocks!) to see as a representation of FfH.
So dont understand me wrong.

And I hope you can understand some of my points at least.

Keep up the work.

-seZ.

i highly appreciate your notes and i'll get back to the working on that pic, change the units looks and maybe add some infernals. maybe cut the tails from the ratmen and make them look like goblins instead :p

i highly appreciate your notes and i'll get back to the working on that pic, change the units looks and maybe add some infernals. maybe cut the tails from the ratmen and make them look like goblins instead :p

I can tell you its great to get some ingame screenshots (with flying camera) of battles or stuff and then cut it and put them in a good environment, then you can paint over it, using it as a great base. (no one demands that you do everthing from scratch)

Hope to see some more awesome styled art with actual ffh content :D
That would be really really awesome and could inspire some others to make stuff like that.

(i especially liek the flamy glow effect around the ffh text)

I decided there needed to be a Cult of the Dragon Wallpaper, so I made one. :p

Spoiler Wallpaper in 1024 x 768 :

Other sizes
CultOfTheDragon1280x960.zip
CultOfTheDragon1280x1024.zip
CultOfTheDragon1600x1200.zip

I didn't draw the dragons, I just compiled them, and drew the rest by copying/painting. I used these three dragon images:
Red Dragon - by Paul Jaguays
Black Dragon - Someones Avatar in a Polish(?) Dragon RPG (I think...)
Gold Dragon - From Fantasy Foundation, a site about Fantasy, from Taiwan.

I used this image as reference when I needed to complete the red dragons wings.
Also used some cloud/lightning images I found through Google.

IMHO the gold dragon should be bigger than the others to emphasize its power. Just my opinion, no more.

I have a request for a wallpaper. I think a battle scene between Valin Phanuel and Rosier the Fallen would be great. If you read their pedia entries, especially Rosier's, you will hopefully see what I mean. :D

i think one thing we all can agree is that all the pictures have genuine ffh2 "feeling" to them, and thats the main point to me at least. whether the art actually falls into category of pure self-drawn unique art, is a question of skill, time and will. unless you have all those three, you cant make "perfect" ffh2 pictures, and not everyone can afford all those but nevertheless they still want to contribute.
Which is what it all boils down to...and since the project is primarily supported by volunteers, it also entails that respect is shown to those who contribute anything to the world being created - even when their particular (artistic) style is not what you may like.

At least everyone should have the courtesy to keep those opinions to themselves if they do not like something. ;)

Besides, I am contributing images that are my own creation.

I would simply like to see more stuff directly connected with the game...thats why i preferred the ingame movie over your slightshow.
Nothing wrong with liking one or the other... ;) but I am scratching my head over the logic and reasoning behind your preference.

In the realm of online Modwork - whatever the game - unfortunately there is always a lot of 'borrowing' going on. And the groundrules of FfH are not any different, so I merely worked off of what was given to me and presented artwork in the slideshow that is actually within the game. So forgive me if I do find the above statement a little petty and ironic.

Oh well, can't please everyone. But I am happy with it, and if the fanbase likes it, I'll keep doing it.

Perhaps if I were paid... :lol:

Which is what it all boils down to...and since the project is primarily supported by volunteers, it also entails that respect is shown to those who contribute anything to the world being created - even when their particular (artistic) style is not what you may like.

At least everyone should have the courtesy to keep those opinions to themselves if they do not like something. ;)

Besides, I am contributing images that are my own creation.

Nothing wrong with liking one or the other... ;) but I am scratching my head over the logic and reasoning behind your preference.

In the realm of online Modwork - whatever the game - unfortunately there is always a lot of 'borrowing' going on. And the groundrules of FfH are not any different, so I merely worked off of what was given to me and presented artwork in the slideshow that is actually within the game. So forgive me if I do find the above statement a little petty and ironic.

Oh well, can't please everyone. But I am happy with it, and if the fanbase likes it, I'll keep doing it.

Perhaps if I were paid... :lol:

I think you missed my points.

And, well no one of us gets paid ;)

Here's some original artwork FfHII desktops for seZereth...

Attachments

• ffh2_desktop4.jpg
    ffh2_desktop4.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 588
...and this.

Attachments

• ffh2_desktop6.jpg
    ffh2_desktop6.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 715
I think you missed my points.
Let's see...

- I do understand your desire for artwork that is not pulled from other sources...
- I'm using artwork that is actually in the game for the video. (leader pics)
- I am also creating artwork that is consistent with the themes of the world and that is not being pulled from other games or even other fan-created art. I also know from personal past experience with you of your penchant to be somewhat critical if an artistic style does not match up with your own preferred style, which is based solely on a personal like/dislike.

My postings on this topic reflects this request to you - if a fan posts artwork that you do not personally like, do not question their time spent playing the game as a not-too-subtle attempt to be funny or cute, and at the expense of the person who put their personal time into creating that artwork, even if the source of the artwork is not original. Because the game iself uses non-original artwork - and there is plenty of room at the table for people to provide their own visual interpretation of that world.

Simply keep your comment to yourself. And to give you credit, you do make the effort to praise what you do like.

Or post a general request for non-borrowed fan art that is not directed at a specific person.

Is it Roland? :)

Nah, as far as I know Rabbit has never played FfH. But I may be wrong.

Please give others the benifit of the doubt in their posts, sometimes its hard to tell a persons meaning through a internet forum but we all know seZ is a great guy who works hard to make the mod look at nice as possible. I will agree that seZ's initial post did sound a bit harsh, but I don't think that was his intent.

Please give others the benifit of the doubt in their posts, sometimes its hard to tell a persons meaning through a internet forum but we all know seZ is a great guy who works hard to make the mod look at nice as possible. I will agree that seZ's initial post did sound a bit harsh, but I don't think that was his intent.
Yeah, I took it as a criticism...Sorry if I did seZ. I'm just looking at it from the viewpoint that I am using the ingame art as it stands now. :crazyeye: so I was a bit confused by the comments.

Top Bottom