FfHII Won't Load on Civ4 Steam

dog11561

Chieftain
I did the whole installiation thing correctly, but when I go to launch the mod, Beyond the Sword crashes. I'm using Vista btw. I checked the update thing, and its on the right update, so what should/can I do?

I did that, and the fixes on the forum didn't work. Also, would FfHII work on a mac?

FfH2, and most other mods, will not work on the Mac version of Civ4 because of the limitations of how the port was implemented. There is talk of a fix being worked on by the company that performed the port, but I have not heard anything about that fix having been completed.

You'll need to supply more detailed information about your problem. Can you play BtS games? What version of FfH2 did you install? How are you launching FfH2? Have you tried launching it another way? When you attempt to launch FfH2, are there any error messages before or after the crash? If so, when do they appear and what do they say? Where did you install Steam? Where did you install FfH2? Do you have UAC enabled? Have you taken any steps to prevent UAC from messing with FfH2, and if so, what steps? What fixes from the forum have you tried, and where on the forum are they located? Without detailed information about your specific situation, someone who wanted to try to help you would have to guess about all these questions - and wouldn't be likely to fix anything.

I can play the mods supplies with Civ4, Warlords, and BtS, and I can play SOME mods that I got from the Downloads section of this site, and I can play my own personal mod. I've tried putting FfH2 in the Mods folder located in Documents, and I tried putting it in the two mod folders that are in the Steam download area (When you go to BtS there a folder called Beyond the Sword that has a mod folder in it as well, which is the only one that works) Concerning the error messages, it just says BtS has shut down. I installed Steam in the default area. I installed Steam in all three of the folders i mentioned, none of them worked. I dont know what UAC is. Btw everything i just said is concerning my Mac, i dont use the Vista computer that much (Its the families computer, not mine) Sorry for not putting enough info.

Btw everything i just said is concerning my Mac, i dont use the Vista computer that much (Its the families computer, not mine)
FfH2 won't work with the Mac version of Civ4.

If you have Windows running on your Mac, it is possible to install the Windows version of Civ4 and use that to play FfH2. I don't have a Mac, though, so I don't know the specifics of how to get that setup working correctly.

Well i'll just find another mod/make my own then. Well thanks for your help anyway.

Top Bottom