FFHlazyNES: Namaris

lemonjelly

Modding For Ethne
If you like the Mazera thread, try this. I reccomend the Mazera thread, I'm playing Amurites, BTW.

If you like normal NES's but find them too limiting and yet too lax or intimidating, try FFHlazyNES: Namaris, which will be easier, slower-paced, less restricting, and with set rules that are hopefully simple to understand.

PLEASE ARRANGE ORDERS LIKE THIS:
Title: [Namaris] {Civname} Orders (turn {number})

Orders:

Well, orders, basically. Where you want to spend your gold and stuff. If your starting a project, it goes here too.

-----

"A quote or story that sums up an important part of the order that you don't mind people knowing"

-----

Sample Orders;
Spoiler :

Title: [Namaris] Sheaim Orders (turn 1)

Orders:

Something shiny outside Gaveholme has been slightly uncovered to reveal a crystal. But not any ordinary crystal, for anyone near it can hear the thoughts of the others in close proximity to this wonder. Tebryn has started a project called 'Uncovering Mysteries'. He has gave the team working on this project 2 Gold. (2/6)

Another 4 gold invested in a scouting expedition that is sent out into the forests.

The Palace Sage has been seen reading a lot of ancient arcane textbooks.

4 gold banked.

-----

"Rumors have spread that the Sheaim have started to uncover a crystal of power. Actually, they aren't crystals, I can hear the thoughts, and they are true."

-----
When I finished writing them, they sounded like perfect orders to actually give the Sheaim, so I will use them for the 1st turn of Sheaim orders. I hope I'm not giving too much away xD

Sample Results;
Spoiler :
Projects updated.

In the forests, your scouts have found a land full of wild animals. While it would be good hunting land, they reccomend that a defending army be sent with any settling parties to ensure their safety.

Banked gold updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background In Spoiler.
Spoiler :

The World Of Namaris has three main known continents. Omelis to the north, Moorning to the right, and Deuxen to the south. The Continents were once one mighty land mass, united physically and politically as humanity, with the signature of the compact, was free to grow and unite. Though the gods were not allowed to live and could only indirectly interact with humanity, the people continued to live for long ages like they had been taught, elves being the caretakers of the forests, dwarves of mountains, and the Aifons the oceans. As time passed, the tribes of primitive humans united under a powerful and benevolent warlord, named Kylorin, who took as his wife the daughter of a defeated chieftain. He lived in joy with her, until he discovered her betrayal, and planned to throw himself from the tallest tower of his palace, but the Goddess Ceridwen gave him eternal youth and taught him to use magic, promising Kylorin that his wife would be reborn again and again, every time she died. As magic spread, Kylorin chose 21 students, each powerful in one sphere of the gods. But, slowly, Kylorin’s reign over Patria became more and more corrupt. As evil spread and Kylorin abandoned Ceridwen and turned to Nantosuelta, who taught him the good side of Magic. But his students sensed a change in him, and so he fled to the most righteous of the Righteous, the Bannor, wielders of the Holy Flame of Bhall. Together, they fought the evilest of Kylorin’s Students to a standstill, Kylorin binding or slaying all. In this way Barbatos the Undying was bound in a crypt, Perpentach the Mad was imprisoned in the tower of eyes, under the everwatchful guard of Golems, and Laroth the Sly was slain. The patrian Empire collapsed under the strife, and Trenton Majosi, the last of Kylorin’s students returned to his home with the Aifons. He believed he had found the answer to their questions, and began a ritual to bring Danalin back into the world to protect his people. As the Ritual neared completion, Majosi saw something, something so horrible he stopped the ritual, and the Aifon population disappeared.

Meanwhile, Bhall was corrupted and fell, dragging the Bannor deep into hell with her. Seeing the opportunity, Mulcarn the Frozen entered the world and claimed it for his own. Kylorin, seeking his lost love, found her at last among the Amurites, a small tribe of survivors. Kylorin proclaimed himself King of the Amurites, and led them to victory over Mulcarn. As the ice melted, it reshaped the land beneath it, leaving the continents in the present state, fresh and virgin, ready to be claimed by those remnants of the people of Old.

Rules In Spoiler.
Spoiler :
CREATING A NATION:
Chose a Nation from among the Fall from Heaven Vanilla or Modmod(mod(mod(ad infinitum))) Civs.
Use the Template below
Spoiler Template :

Nation Name:
Leader:
GPT: 10
Capital:
Capital Location*:
Background:

*Province and location in province, like top-right, near coast ect.

Cities
Settlements:
Cost: 10, 10, 15, 15, 20, 20, ect.
Benefit: 5 GPT

Cities:
Cost: 25, 25, 30, 30, 35, 35, ect.
Benefit: 7 GPT
BUT if the city is a capital, yours or one you captured, it is 10 GPT.

To upgrade from a Settlement to a City, it costs 15 gold.

Magic
Each nation has a spell-book. These are the list of specific spells that that nation’s casters has access to. YOU (the player) designs the spells (with the moderator acting to balance that spell). Each spell must be related to at least one mana type.
You can also use the ‘base’ FFH (And Mods) spells.

Rituals and Projects
Think of something that actually makes sense, like diverting gold for a massive boost in research, and we’ll assign it a monetary value. Additionally, you can suggest a unique technology (again, that makes sense) for your nation. If it gets approved, it will be assigned a Tech Point value and effect and will act like any other exclusive tech.
Some rituals also need time to complete, such as breeding of animals efforts and some rituals known as Wonders. So big that multiple generations worked on them before they are completed.
The actual FFH projects are in the game as well. PM thomasberubeg or me for more information, or if you are planning on using a ritual.

Resources
You will occasionally simply be told that a resource is present in a particular province. To determine what resources are present, a player may choose to conduct a ‘resource survey’ which will tell them what resources are present and what capacity that province has for hunting, farming, fishing and mining improvements. A survey of this sort costs 5 gold per province.
A province may occasionally develop new natural resources. Players have no control over the development of new natural resources.

To connect a resource, ask your GM how much connecting the resource will cost (to represent the construction of the extractor, and in some cases, the cost of purifying the resource, or working it into a usuable form.)

Economy And Infrastructure
Your economy is represented by units called gpt, or gold per turn. Simply put, this is the salary that your country gets every turn. You can spend this on the items below, or put it into your bank. If your economy is between 1 gpt and 500 gpt, it takes 3 turns for your gpt to rise by 10. (From 500 gpt to 750 gpt, it is 5 turns. More than 750 is 8 turns.) This is the base rate at which it rises; however, you can increase your economy by fixed numbers by building or capturing cities, researching certain techs and capturing resources.

Military
Military will be a combination of Stories and actual Gold spent on armies. Combat will happen in stories, while the armies in said stories will be bought with gold. Any unrealistic story of combat will be Nixed by the GMs.

Technology
All Civs will have a unique tech tree, based on events and their surroundings. However, unlike all previous FFH NES and games, Namaris will have blind research. Techs will be handed out to players based on random events and the actions of the player. For example, Should a player be warlike and aggressive, they will research more military techs. However, this is not the only way to receive techs. Techs that are showy (boats) will have a huge chance of leaking to other civs. Additionally, events and low stability can cause leaking of techs.

Stability
Your Nation’s Stability is on a scale of -20 to 20, with a lower number increasing the chance of a Bad event, and a larger number increasing the change of a good event. This number also influences the magnitude of the Event. Low Stability may cause such things as civil war, rebellion, or even natural disaster (The Gods :p) while high stability will increase the chance of good events, such as population increase, wonder construction, etc.[/SIZE]

GM role
Each GM will be playing and moderating the game in the form of the Overcouncil (Thomas.berubeg) or Undercouncil (lemonjelly) Good Civs (and some Neutral) will send their orders to the Overcouncil, while Evil (and some Neutral) will send their orders to the Undercouncil. Both Councils may lend their aid to those they feel need it.
Remember to READ THE RULES :D

Map
Spoiler :

Unique Techs:
Civ-Unique:
Malakim - Golden Touch (Increased chance of Good monetary events)
Amurites - Legacy of Kylorin (increased chance of Mysticism type events)
Bannor - Constant Warfare (+5% efficiency to military)
Lanun - Seafaring (allows navy)

Khazad - Minds of Gold (Decreased chance of negative economic events)
Clan - Pyromaniacs (decreased Gold from cities captured, increased gold from cities razed.)
Balseraphs - Stronger Alcohol (-10 melee efficiency, +10 divine efficiency)
Sheaim - Rites Of Ceridwen (+10% Arcane efficiency, +10 to stability when in positives, -10 when in negatives.)

Other:
None at present.

Credits:
To cypher132 for creating the Mazera thread
To Opera for the name 'Namaris'

BIG THANKS TO thomas.berubeg FOR HELPING ME IN THIS!

Post Claimed for Overcouncil Stats.

Overcouncil
GM controlled
Gold: 16 (17 in 1)
Techs: Translators (Diplomatic access to all civs)
Military: Radiant Guard (Loanable: +20% Moral)

Nation Name: Queendom of Golden Leane- Opera
Leader: Kane, regent; Saralet, queen (picture)
GPT: 10 (11 in 2)
Capital: Golden Leane
Capital Location*: Province #13, you know where!
Stability:5
Techs: Golden Touch
Banked Gold: 1
Projects: Exodus (4)
Background:
Spoiler :

Long before the Age of Ice ended, some humans took refuge in the caves near present-day Golden Leane. The caves were deep enough to protect them from the bitter wind and the cold snow outside; and they were also close enough to the sea so that they could hope to find something to eat there.

During the Age of Ice, the inhabitants of the caves discovered ways into the hill; surprising ways: a real network of small intestines. Inside one of them, they found a vein of gold. Its discovery is attributed to Leane, a powerful matriarch of this time, thought to be very optmistic about the end of the Age of Ice. The stories say she touched the vein and her hands became covered by a thin blanket of gold; this for the rest of her life.

Seazan the Nimble married her husband Malak on the beginning of the second moon without a snowfall. Slowly, people got out of the caves to settle above them, on top of the hill.

Seazan died while giving birth to her second child, even before every other of her fellows were out of the caves. When they came into contact with other peoples, mainly early travellers, they referred themselves as the Malakim, the 'friends of Malak'.

The second child of Malak, Daghet, a girl, supervised the expansion of their city, now called 'Golden Leane' in memory of the matriarch. She died of illness before her only daughter, Saralet, was old enough to rule on the Malakim. Her brother Kane took the rule of the city for the time being.

As of now, Kane is still in charge of Golden Leane. It's his last year of regency, after which the city will be 'handed' back to Saralet.

(The chronology might seem a bit to extent comparing to the early setting but it's just that Golden Leane's area warmed a bit before the Age of Ice ended, explaining the lack of snowfall. So they in fact got out before the end of the Age of Ice)

(Also, even though the city is ruled by Kane for now, it's still a Queendom, because he's only the regent)

Civilization: Amurites - Fireblaze
Leader: Krinith Resplan
Capital: Cevedes
Capital Location*: 9
Techs:Legacy of Kylorin, Sage Advice
Stability: 5
Banked: 4
Spoiler :
Background: The Amurite nation, having ended the Age of Ice under the tutelage of Kylorn for hundreds of years, gives them one major advantages- Kylorn, living among the Amurites for so long, had procreated (a lot). So much so, that most, if not all, Amurites are descended from him. This allows for a greater mastery of the arcane arts, as just sharing some blood with Kylorn is enough to give the Amurites a big edge over the competitors. That same potency makes their magical schools the best in the world, which attracts the best mages of all nations to come to them and learn, and increase their power while serving under the Amurite banner. Krinith was a more direct descendant of Kylorn, being the 12th generation firstborn (First son of Kylorns first son, so on), which, along with an already impressive array of magical skills, makes him one of, if not the strongest mage in the Amurite land.

Civilization: Bannor- NPC
Leader: Sabathiel
Capital: Torrelerial
Capital Location*: 75
Military: 10
Techs:Constant Warfare

Civilization: Lanun- NPC
Leader: Captain's council
GPT: 10 (12 in 3)
Capital: Dunwich
Capital Location*:87
Techs:Seafaring
Projects: Expedition (10/20)

Undercouncil
GM controlled
Gold: 15 (16 in 1)
Techs: Translators (Diplomatic access to all civs)
Military: Nightwatch (Loanable: +20% Moral)

Nation Name: Stewardry of Khazak - Valkrionn
Leader: Athel Revus
GPT: 10 (11 in 3)
Capital: Khazak
Capital Location: 25

Techs: Minds Of Gold

Spoiler :
Background: This is an FFPlus leader, with a unique trait... Will be playing as FFPlus Khazad. Not entirely sure how the trait will be used, will leave it to the GMs to decide.
Spoiler Background :
The dwarf looked down on a ghost town. Ten days ago there had been a thriving village at the mouth of the valley, built along the banks of a rocky stream. It had boasted a tavern and a trading-post for the furriers and shepherds who made their living in the high peaks of the area. Indeed, the dwarf had sat in that tavern drinking beer he'd paid for with money made by trading tools to the villagers. Now the buildings were empty, some with doors or windows broken but most intact. The trading post still smoldered where the fires had reduced it to an ash-heap. Here and there a discarded bucket or jug attested to efforts to stop the fire, and a strange smell hung in the air, but there was no other sign of the inhabitants. "So," the dwarf called over his shoulder, "I see things went about as expected." Behind him another dwarf, barely visible in the twilight, nodded agreement. "The booze you sold them put most of the men out," he stated flatly, "and when we fired the post the rest came running. We rounded them up with no trouble." The first dwarf chuckled and rubbed his hands together. "Good. If the lads hurry them along we'll have them on the block in Hexam before the week is out. I appreciate your taking care of this for me. I had a few other ventures that needed my personal attention in the last few days."

"I hope one of them was getting rid of those papers. The Stewards don't like knowing someone's got their names in a file, and neither do I."

"Of course you don't. Then again," the merchant snarled, "I don't like being told I'll be 'donating' triple this month if I want my spices to make it back to the Underhome. Do you have any idea what the horselords charge me for those damned roots? You're the ones who lit the fuse on this charge, not me. I admit, though, that I'm sorry I had to get you involved. Blame your cousin for letting on while we were out drinking. That's something you might want to look into when you get back to Halowell."

The assassin spat, then melted away into the shadows, leaving Athel Revus to contemplate just what he was going to do with his new herd of sheep... and how long it would be before the cousin, who'd been undercutting him on provisions sales, would be out of the way.

Spoiler Religion :
Is a member of high rank in the Stewards of Inequity. Publicly has strong leanings towards the Ordo Machinarum (As many dwarfs do), if just because advancing technology allows him to make more money.

Spoiler Trait :
Slaver

* Conquered cities lose half of their population, and spawn one slave for every two population lost.
* +10% Commerce
* All units gain the Slaver promotion.
o 15% chance to generate slave after combat.
* Double production of Slave Market.
o -10 Alignment
o 20 Crime
o Can turn 1 citizen to Merchant
o Can sell captured Slaves

Spoiler FFPlus Khazad Features :

1. Dwarven Fortress improvements
2. Ironclad - Man O'War UU, more Ranged Strength, causes Collateral
3. Auditor - Axeman UU, starts with Bounty Hunter
4. Clanhold Chieftain - Fort Commander UU, higher melee defense

Civ: Clan of Embers - cypher132
Leader: Ishlar Kafahn
Leader's Apprentice/Advisor: Tanok Stonebeast
Capital: Braduk the Burning
Capital Location*: 20

Techs: Pyromaniacs

NPC's

Civ: Balseraphs
Leader: Perpentach, Keelyn
Capital: Jubilee
Capital Location*: 27

Techs: Stronger Alcohol

Civ: Sheaim
Leader: Os-Gabella, Tebryn Arbandi
Capital: Gaveholm
Capital Location*: 41

Techs: Rites Of Ceridwen
Stability: 15

GM role

Each GM will be playing and moderating the game in the form of the Overcouncil (Thomas.berubeg) or Undercouncil (lemonjelly) Good Civs (and some Neutral) will send their orders to the Overcouncil, while Evil (and some Neutral) will send their orders to the Undercouncil. Both Councils may lend their aid to those they feel need it.
And what if a nation doesn't want to apply to a council?

Why are you answering me in chinese? :p
(anyway, got it)

Any note on the background we have to ship with the template?

Why are you answering me in chinese? :p
(anyway, got it)

Any note on the background we have to ship with the template?

what's happened to your civ so far, how it survived the age of ice, who thier leader is, etc.

background is leader/civ history.

used for if you are having a custom leader, and just for fun. Fill us in on any extra details about how they got there and settled their first city.

Just post it here. xD

okay, please get your stats posted, but I will reserve them for you. And, see the credits ;) xD

Yay, calling the Malakim:
Spoiler :
Nation Name: Queendom of Golden Leane
Leader: Kane, regent; Saralet, queen (picture)
GPT: 10
Capital: Golden Leane
Capital Location*: Province #13, you know where!
Background:

Long before the Age of Ice ended, some humans took refuge in the caves near present-day Golden Leane. The caves were deep enough to protect them from the bitter wind and the cold snow outside; and they were also close enough to the sea so that they could hope to find something to eat there.

During the Age of Ice, the inhabitants of the caves discovered ways into the hill; surprising ways: a real network of small intestines. Inside one of them, they found a vein of gold. Its discovery is attributed to Leane, a powerful matriarch of this time, thought to be very optmistic about the end of the Age of Ice. The stories say she touched the vein and her hands became covered by a thin blanket of gold; this for the rest of her life.

Seazan the Nimble married her husband Malak on the beginning of the second moon without a snowfall. Slowly, people got out of the caves to settle above them, on top of the hill.

Seazan died while giving birth to her second child, even before every other of her fellows were out of the caves. When they came into contact with other peoples, mainly early travellers, they referred themselves as the Malakim, the 'friends of Malak'.

The second child of Malak, Daghet, a girl, supervised the expansion of their city, now called 'Golden Leane' in memory of the matriarch. She died of illness before her only daughter, Saralet, was old enough to rule on the Malakim. Her brother Kane took the rule of the city for the time being.

As of now, Kane is still in charge of Golden Leane. It's his last year of regency, after which the city will be 'handed' back to Saralet.

(The chronology might seem a bit to extent comparing to the early setting but it's just that Golden Leane's area warmed a bit before the Age of Ice ended, explaining the lack of snowfall. So they in fact got out before the end of the Age of Ice)

(Also, even though the city is ruled by Kane for now, it's still a Queendom, because he's only the regent)

I'm a bit conused here- what IS an NES? I've seen the term be thrown around, but I've neer seen the expanded version of the acronym.

It stands for
Never
Ending
Story

It's a forum game, and, they usually have lots of rules, unlike this one, which has only a few, simple rules.

So, the premise of this is to write individual chapters of a larger story, detailing each bit from the Leader's perspective (or perhaps an advisor) that are taken into account by the GMs into the way the story progresses, and the "crunch" of the things are handled with simple mechanics, letting the story really determine the flow of the game?

Yeah, basically. Obviously, there is more to it than that, but that is the basic idea.

Top Bottom