1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FFHlazyNES: Namaris

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by lemonjelly, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Korias

Korias Chieftain

Sounds interesting. I might give it a shot, but I think I'll wait to make an application so I can see some more examples.

2. lemonjelly

lemonjelly Modding For Ethne

I would like to point out, the Amurites are reserved for FireBlaze. But, yeah, that would be a good idea.

3. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

Civ: Clan of Embers
    Leader: Ishlar Kafahn
    Leader's Apprentice/Advisor: Tanok Stonebeast
    Not sure what else to put and I'm pretty sure you guys know who Ishlar Kafahn is. If you want me to post a story for him anyway, just let me know.

4. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

Civilization: Amurites
    Nation Name: The Amurite Mageocracy
    Leader: Krinith Resplan
    GPT: 10
    Capital: Cevedes
    Capital Location*: I think It's 17

Background: The Amurite nation, having ended the Age of Ice under the tutelage of Kylorn for hundreds of years, gives them one major advantages- Kylorn, living among the Amurites for so long, had procreated (a lot). So much so, that most, if not all, Amurites are descended from him. This allows for a greater mastery of the arcane arts, as just sharing some blood with Kylorn is enough to give the Amurites a big edge over the competitors. That same potency makes their magical schools the best in the world, which attracts the best mages of all nations to come to them and learn, and increase their power while serving under the Amurite banner. Krinith was a more direct descendant of Kylorn, being the 12th generation firstborn (First son of Kylorns first son, so on), which, along with an already impressive array of magical skills, makes him one of, if not the strongest mage in the Amurite land.

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I'll post full details/region tomorrow, but I'd like to claim the Khazad under Athel
    from FFPlus. ;)

Will have time to participate after tomorrow, so it should be fun.

6. Valkrionn

Oops, double posted.... That's a first. :blush: My apologies.

7. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Cool, got it.

8. Valkrionn

Nation Name: Stewardry of Khazak
    Leader: Athel Revus
    GPT: 10
    Capital: Khazak
    Capital Location: 25, next to mountains and along coastline (Assuming hills are located near mountain chains)
    Background: This is an FFPlus leader, with a unique trait... Will be playing as FFPlus Khazad. Not entirely sure how the trait will be used, will leave it to the GMs to decide. ;)

Spoiler Background :
    The dwarf looked down on a ghost town. Ten days ago there had been a thriving village at the mouth of the valley, built along the banks of a rocky stream. It had boasted a tavern and a trading-post for the furriers and shepherds who made their living in the high peaks of the area. Indeed, the dwarf had sat in that tavern drinking beer he'd paid for with money made by trading tools to the villagers. Now the buildings were empty, some with doors or windows broken but most intact. The trading post still smoldered where the fires had reduced it to an ash-heap. Here and there a discarded bucket or jug attested to efforts to stop the fire, and a strange smell hung in the air, but there was no other sign of the inhabitants. "So," the dwarf called over his shoulder, "I see things went about as expected." Behind him another dwarf, barely visible in the twilight, nodded agreement. "The booze you sold them put most of the men out," he stated flatly, "and when we fired the post the rest came running. We rounded them up with no trouble." The first dwarf chuckled and rubbed his hands together. "Good. If the lads hurry them along we'll have them on the block in Hexam before the week is out. I appreciate your taking care of this for me. I had a few other ventures that needed my personal attention in the last few days."

"I hope one of them was getting rid of those papers. The Stewards don't like knowing someone's got their names in a file, and neither do I."

"Of course you don't. Then again," the merchant snarled, "I don't like being told I'll be 'donating' triple this month if I want my spices to make it back to the Underhome. Do you have any idea what the horselords charge me for those damned roots? You're the ones who lit the fuse on this charge, not me. I admit, though, that I'm sorry I had to get you involved. Blame your cousin for letting on while we were out drinking. That's something you might want to look into when you get back to Halowell."

The assassin spat, then melted away into the shadows, leaving Athel Revus to contemplate just what he was going to do with his new herd of sheep... and how long it would be before the cousin, who'd been undercutting him on provisions sales, would be out of the way.

Spoiler Religion :
    Is a member of high rank in the Stewards of Inequity. Publicly has strong leanings towards the Ordo Machinarum (As many dwarfs do), if just because advancing technology allows him to make more money. ;)

Spoiler Image :

Spoiler Trait :
    Slaver

• Conquered cities lose half of their population, and spawn one slave for every two population lost.
    • +10% Commerce
    • All units gain the Slaver promotion.
      • 15% chance to generate slave after combat.
    • Double production of Slave Market.
      • -10 Alignment
      • 20 Crime
      • Can turn 1 citizen to Merchant
      • Can sell captured Slaves

Spoiler FFPlus Khazad Features :

1. Dwarven Fortress improvements
    2. Ironclad - Man O'War UU, more Ranged Strength, causes Collateral
    3. Auditor - Axeman UU, starts with Bounty Hunter
    4. Clanhold Chieftain - Fort Commander UU, higher melee defense

9. lemonjelly

thanks for them =]

Will get the map done, and hopefully post soon. Depends if I can get internet.

10. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Those aren't Dwarves! Those are clearly Duergar. They might have managed to remain undiscovered by the Dwarven community so far, but that won't last, especially as it would he hardto hide taking that many slaves. (Slavery is surely one of the worst sins in a religion devoted to the right of individuals to earn the fruit of their hard labor.) According to the teachings of Kilmorph these apostates are far worse than humans, and must be shunned by the Dwarven community at all costs.

Unfortunately many humans view all Dwarves as being like the Duergar. This is because it is much more common to come into contact with Duergar than Dwarven communities on the surface, as the Duergar have been banished from the Underhome and would be killed if they tried to return. Real Dwarves will have nothing to do with the Duergar, seeing them as perhaps the only people worse than the Balseraphs and Hippus.

11. Valkrionn

Ah, but this is late in the age of Rebirth... Newly fallen Dwarves. They've succumbed to temptation and desire gold above all else, rather than as a measure of their workmanship and worth. ;)

Could think of them as a newly risen Duergar faction, but these ones have managed to insinuate themselves at the head of the civilization.

12. lemonjelly

whoops, a delayed douple-post?

so, Valk, you would be evil-er?

13. Valkrionn

Yeah, he's about as evil as you can get without wanting to destroy the world. :lol:

14. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Valkrionn... this is the beginning of the age of rebirth. the ice just melted.

15. Valkrionn

I'm aware. The story I posted is from later on, is all I meant.

Besides which, not all leaders originate from the same time... Or else the game takes place in a very short timespan. ;)

16. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The gods could still have some interaction with humanity, it was just limited. They could not control those who were not willing to follow them, and they could not directly strike those loyal to their enemies.

Dwarves did not exist until the Age of Magic, at least if their creation myth is to be believed.

Why did you capitalized Named? At first I read it as Nemed, and thought you were equating Kylorin with the first man, as I once did before any details on Nemed were released.

It has never been established that Eve was the daughter of a conquered warlord, but there is no reason she couldn't have been. (I don't know why, but I've always liked to think that Eve was from one of the tribes that became the Hippus, as was the man with whom she cheated on her husband. I also like to think that she bore him a son, and when dying in childbirth made Kylorin swear to raise him as his own. I think he would have done so despite a strong dislike for the boy who looked just like his real father, until he finds the first reincarnation of Eve in a sexual relationship with her son. After murdering them he becomes an evil despot, and first takes students to teach magic an the ways of Ceridwen.)

I think you should mention that in each rebirth would remove the taint and memory of infidelity from Eve, but that Kylorin remembered and came on way too strong the first few times she was reborn. She rejected him in each of her incarnations until after he repented. I suspect that his redemption began with guilt over raping her. I also tend to think that mostly tried to stay out of civil war and be with her whenever she would have him.

Kael has stated that Ceridwen did not offer Kylorin eternal life, but eternal youth (well, not exactly youth, as he was at least middle aged by the time he stopped aging). He won't die of old age, but can still be killed. However, despite that Kael says some pedia entries in both FfH2 and AoI to refer to him as looking younger back during his days as an evil emperor than when he fought Perpentach or Mulcarn.

Laroth was never slain. He sensed Kylorin's change of heart before Kylorin did, and ran away to the Isle of Nemora with a mercenary army. Kylorin tracked him to the island to slay him, but there was no sign on anyone there. Laroth was never found, as he had taken the army with him through the Well of Creation there and entered the Netherworld while still living.

I suspect that at least one or two of Kylorin's students sided with him, either joining him in fighting evil or agreeing to remain neutral. Kylorin likely never faced most of them

Calling Perpentach Mad back during the civil war seems wrong. It was in that battle that Kylorin broke down the mental barriers he had helped Perpentach build, making all the minds of his victims cry out to him and drive him crazy. Before his defeat Perpentach was a very quiet, cold, and calculating. He was probably still mentally ill, but in a very different way. He did not have multiple personality disorder, but rather severe autism (high functioning, with Kylorin's help). He was the smartest and most wicked of Kylorin's students, and was not only a pupil but the adopted son of the emperor. I suspect he used his princely position to claim the Patrian throne and was Kylorin's chief antagonist in the war. Some of his fellow students may have resisted, and spent the rest of the age under his domination. Whatever students had repented with Kylorin may have then become pawns of Perpentach. It is known that Perpentach took control of some of Kylorin's best fiends and that the former emperor was forced to kill them when his attempts to free them failed. These may have included some of his students, and even his wife. From his pedia entry, I suspect that he had actually defeated Kylorin, successfully using Domination on his teacher, but that the copy of Kylorin this created in his mind broke him down from within. The real Kylorin likely has no idea how he managed to break free, and might have only imprisoned instead of killed Perpentach because he believed his son had chosen to show him mercy.

small has an a in it.

I don't think Kylorin proclaimed himself the king of the Amurites as that they proclaimed his as their chief. Actually, they tried to proclaim his as a god, but he refused. He may have given them their name. In early versions the Patrians called themselves Amurites, but Kael thought it too confusing to keep it that way. I prefer to think that Kylorin's original capital was called Amur and/or that the tribe from which he or Eve were descended were called the Amurites before Patria united.

17. lemonjelly

Okay, thanks. I have updated the history a little bit. Urm, anybody else interested? thomas.berubeg, can you update the Overcouncil with Amurites and Clan?

cypher132, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like a story anyway, because not everybody knows who he is.

18. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Looks interesting, I might play.

Also, magister, in FFHNESes the lore is up to the interpretation and manipulation of the GM and players. How boring would it be if we all stuck to what is ''supposed'' to happen in every game? The GM can alter the background lore as much as they like, perhaps Patria never even existed in this scenario? :)

Also, just to shamelessly plug my own upcomming FFHNES, why not click on the link in my sig?

19. FireBlaze

FireBlaze Chieftain

Think of MC as the realism check. In the fantasy game. He actually helps more than hurts.

20. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Yeah I wasn't disputing that his insight and ideas are helpful, I just wanted to make sure he knows that FFHNES lore usually differs from cannon.

EDIT: I think my tone was a bit unintentionally aggressive in the previous post. Hopefully the editted :) helps slightly :lol: