Fictional Map "Charon" (140x80)

-sr

Chieftain

Download

DESCRIPTION:
This is no new map, it is the first map I ever created. I created it for myself about two years ago, then I decided to put it online in the Download Area, and today I decided to post a new thread on it.
This is a complete fantasy map. Unfortunately I've never drawn a map of this world on paper, so I must admit that "Charon" looks quite weird... Therefore I hesitated long to post a thread on it. The eastern continent should be far smaller or the western continent greater. I only had an imagination that area A lies in the north of area B, which lies SSW of area C and so on... Imagine two maps with different scales in one. But nevertheless I played this map often and I often had the feeling of being part of this world.
There are starting locations for 18 players. Again, no nations are preset.

DATA:
Map Size: 140x80
Worldsize: Huge
Nations: None preset
Resources: enough for 18 players
Version 1.14; Wed, Sep 02, 2009

SCREENSHOTS:
Western Continent: North, South
Eastern Continent: North West, South West, North East, South East
Southern Continent: Center

HOW TO INSTALL:

All my maps are for Vanilla, but you can easily play them with WL or BTS. Extract them and put them into the folder:

* for Vanilla: Civ4/PublicMaps
* for Warlords: Civ4/Warlords/PublicMaps
* for Beyond the Sword: Civ4/Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps.

Or, if you want a WL- oder BTS-map, you can change the file extension:

* for Vanilla: Civ4WorldBuilderSave
* for Warlords: CivWarlordsWBSave
* for Beyond the Sword: CivBeyondSwordWBSave

Unfortunately I've never drawn a map of this world on paper, so I must admit that "Charon" looks quite weird... Therefore I hesitated long to post a thread on it.

Shouldn't worry about that, it's a nice map... like everytime you post a map :).

Aw, and here I thought you were getting back into the mapmaking business. :(

I kid, of course. This looks like a fun one, even by your standards. Trying it now...

could you please put a .zip? My mac won't so RAR. EDIT: Also, is this a speculation of Pluto's Sattelite, EDIT: When i download it and open the file the folder for Charon is empty :confused:

okay ive downloaded WinRar, i got antartica but this one charon wont work, the error window looks like this An error has occurred while expanding the file "charon_1_14.rar"

Does anyone by chance have a back up of this map?

I have a copy of this map (and several of his other ones), but I seem to recall -sr deliberately taking down all of his files a few years ago. I'm not sure if the moderators here would find my reuploading them to be in poor taste.

I'm okay with it.
I have at least one of his maps in my mod components. So it's here, even after he removed it. If it was uploaded, then it was free to use. How you use it doesn't matter, as long as you give credit to the original author. That's the forum policy about modded stuff.

----------

I know this is a rather unpleasant situation, and I'd rather have liked if he had not done what he did, so that we did not have this situation right now, but that's how it is :/.

I'm okay with it.
I have at least one of his maps in my mod components. So it's here, even after he removed it. If it was uploaded, then it was free to use. How you use it doesn't matter, as long as you give credit to the original author. That's the forum policy about modded stuff.

----------

I know this is a rather unpleasant situation, and I'd rather have liked if he had not done what he did, so that we did not have this situation right now, but that's how it is :/.

That's how I saw it, yes. And to be frank, I'm not too concerned about what -sr himself will think; I don't think he's coming back here anytime soon. I just thought it would be prudent to ask first.

With all that out of the way, here's a .zip file with the map from the OP, along with all the others I was able to dig up on my computer.

You wouldn't happen to have any of his real world maps would you? Particularly his maps of India, China, and Australasia?

You wouldn't happen to have any of his real world maps would you? Particularly his maps of India, China, and Australasia?

I know I have his Austria and Switzerland maps, and I'm pretty sure I have the India one, among several others. I'll see what I can find, but give me a bit to look through my PublicMaps folder; I have a lot of files in there (I've made it my goal to archive Civ 3 and Civ 4 maps ever since this site was hacked back in 2007) and -sr wasn't always consistent with his file names.

Alright, looks like I had more than I expected, including the China and India maps you mentioned. I edited my earlier post with a new attachment containing the following maps:

Spoiler :
Code:
File Name			=	Description (Map dimensions)

Bharat 1.01			=	India (65x54)
Charon 1.14			=	Fantasy Map (140x80)
Iberian Peninsula 1.01		=	Iberia (65x54)
MiddleEast 1.01			=	Middle East (100x58)
Nihon 1.04			=	Japan and Korea (108x114)
Sanctuary D2 Huge 1.01		=	Diablo II: Sanctuary (104x80)
Sanctuary D2 Standard 1.01	=	Diablo II: Sanctuary (78x60)
Tamriel Erster Versuch		=	The Elder Scrolls: Tamriel (138x96)
Zhongguo 1.01			=	China (80x55)
Austria Huge 126x70 1.01	=	Austria (126x70)
Austria Standard 95x53 1.01	=	Austria (95x53)
Schweiz 1.0			=	Switzerland (100x64)

There's also a readme with a copy of the above table.

Brilliant, thank you.

Top Bottom