1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

field commanders not working (?)

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by flitz, Jul 7, 2015.

1. flitz

flitz Warlord

Hi,

I find it quite puzzling how to use a field commander correctly.
    It just sits on 5/5 control points. I tried positioning it in the middle of my troops and one field besides them, too. I tried to have my units attack some others while the commander was with them, I also used the commander together with some units in a stack attack. But his control points don't decrease and he doesn't gain any experience.

Anything I am doing wrong ?

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Upload a save, it works for me.

3. zemlifr

zemlifr Chieftain

I have same issue with Stack attack in BUG options on. They say its experimental and may not work correctly. Maybe they are not meant to be working together :(

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Uh, if you're using Stack attack that might be the reason. I'm always tempted to remove that option as it's always been buggy and nobody has ever been able to fix it.

5. flitz

flitz Warlord

Thanks for the tip, disabling the stack attack under the bug options fixed it for me.
    It is a very comfortable option to use, but I will keep it disabled if it has such strange side effects. Who knows how it behaves w.r.t. tile influence and some other stuff.