Fifa 13

Mise

isle of lucy
Anyone here play Fifa 13? It's the first football game I've played since ISS Pro on the PS1, and boy, there's a lot of new stuff now.

So. Tips? Funny bugs? Gripes? Stories? Here's a ridiculous goal that my keeper let in while playing as Anderlecht in online Seasons mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnveykltzj5sjma/2013-02-10 15.21.33.mp4

And if anyone wants a game then let me know, I like playing against real dudes :)

I love it. It has allowed me to get a greater understanding of strategy in soccer. I play on the wii, but one tip is to make sure you can use chip shots. When the goalie rushes at you, just chip shot it right over them.

Here's a ridiculous goal that my keeper let in while playing as Anderlecht in online Seasons mode: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnveykltzj5sjma/2013-02-10 15.21.33.mp4

Not sure that's any worse that Neuer's walkabout against Arsenal this week - at least your keeper was able to get his hands on the ball...

I was always a PES man, but eventually the fun ran out of it. FIFA is fairly clearly regarded as the better of the two games now, and I know I can switch the PS3 button config around so that I'm not long passing when I want to shoot and vice versa, but the only copy of FIFA I got (the WC2012 one) just felt like an arcade style game on a quarter size pitch.

I'm also probably making excuses as I no longer have the time to devote to learning anything beyond the most basic controls and getting beaten up on-line by drop-outs, students, and school kids doesn't really appeal that much. :blush:

hah, online play. i play it rather old school with my opponent next to me. fun game.

I love it. It has allowed me to get a greater understanding of strategy in soccer. I play on the wii, but one tip is to make sure you can use chip shots. When the goalie rushes at you, just chip shot it right over them.

The keeper rarely rushes out far enough for a chip to be effective in my experience.

Yeah, it's never as effective as either a finesse shot or taking it round the keeper if the keeper is close to you, or if the keeper is still far away then a normal shot into the corners. One-on-ones are actually one of the harder situations to score from...

@Lambert: Man, I'd love for Arsenal to take credit as one of the few teams that can score against Bayern Munich, but we really had nothing to do with it...

I have it on a Xbox, more than happy to play you Mise. I have 33k on advanced shooting - can anybody better that? Am i a noob or pro?! ;)

Yeah, cool, I'll drop you a pm when I get home. I'm happy for you to thrash me at fifa too ;)

Sent from a phone, apols for any mistakes.

Damn - if you have bettered that you must be prolific. Anyway, gym and europa makes 10pm a good time for me. No guarantees:).

If anybody is curious me and Mise had five games (an entire "season"). I managed to clinch the league on goal difference. Very, very competitive and good fun! I scored my first overhead scissor kick! ;)
If anybody else is up for a game send me a PM :)

I have been playing an epic career with Coventry City for 5 seasons so far, and coach the German national team and we just qualified to the 2018 World Cup. I have been playing with pretty difficult sliders, so don't have as much championship hardware as I would like. I got one of my youth academy products to finally get selected to the Mexican national team for a friendly. I do not know why but I found that exciting. He didn't play the Mexico - South Africa match but I think it was awesome that I have been able to develop players so far to be fringe national teamers.

manager or fifa?

Isn't ti like a streets to stadiums or something? I remember creating a midfielder and getting all his stats to 99.

I don't like creating players really. I like taking a team from a lower division, finding sleeper talent to rise to the top flight, then break the bank for a star to make my team a contender. Get the Youth Academy off the ground, cut the fat from my depth chart from the promotion years, back fill that depth with cheap talent from the academy and go break the bank again for another all star.

Where do I find the cheap sleeper talent? Latin America (not Brazil). Best sleeper talent I nailed? Javier Cortez. Got him for $3M hes market value now exceeds $40M because he progresses like a super star and he can score goals for me hand over fist when he's hot. Who did I break the bank with you ask? Neymar and Oscar. Oscar demanded a trade the following season so I had to let him go to Real Madrid and picked up D'Angelo for $44M.

Top Bottom