FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Henri Christophe

L'empereur
It is already decided who will play against who.

Last edited:
Interesting draw, some got lucky, while others not (Japan)

Lets predict :)

A Group: 1. Dutch 2. Senegal 3 Ecuador 4. Qatar. Easy group for Dutchmen prob win all 3 games. Senegal should second as champs of Africa. Ecuador only good at home group with that heavy weather. And Qatar even tho they are hosts..they just bad.

B Group: 1. England. 2. Wales 3. USA 4. Iran. England should pass this group not easy, but will take first spot, now depends who comes from EU qualifier, if Wales then they second if Ukraine/Scots, then USA takes 2nd spot. Iran best can get is a draw or two

C Group: 1. Argentina 2. Mexico 3. Poland 4. S. Arabia. Actually really tough group, all first 3 teams play unpredictable and can swap spots, Messi has terrible season so Argentina is not that strong, but prob still has talent enough to get out of grp, Mexico and Poland kinda equal, Mexico look bad in qualifiers, while Poland played real good, eliminating Sweden. Still I give edge to Mexico. Arabia prob gonna end with 0 pts.

D Group: 1. Denmark 2. France 3. Peru 4. Tunisia. Why Denmark first? looked insane good in qualifier, France there is bad rumour about once again lockeroom stories, might be one of those years when they come and do nothing and end up last in group, but even with terrible morale inside team this group is to easy for France even with bad play they take 2nd spot.

E Group: 1. Spain 2. Germany 3. Japan 4. Costa Rica. Japan is talented team and its really sad that they got this group, on paper they have no chance, unless Germany repeats last World Cup performance :D btw I think they can :D

F Group: 1. Belgium 2. Morroco 3. Canada 4. Croatia. Croatia 4th OMG really?! YEP. You will see, to many vets at Croatia and climate will be a killer for them, and Morroco will feel like at home with that weather and have decent squad too. Canada will be tough for all, looked really good in qualifier plus young talented players will want to prove a lot.

G Group: 1. Brazil 2. Switzerland 3. Serbia 4. Cameroon. Brazil will take first spot, not easy I hope. The rest team fight for that second spot, anybody could be 2nd in the end.

H Group: 1. Portugal 2. Uruguay 3. South Korea 4. Ghana. EVEN group, anyone can beat anyone. Maybe slight edge for Portugal.

I think this would be better located under sports/football if it's about the football part. The discussion of the WC '22 as a polical entity should continue here. These are totally different subjects.

Other issue I like the most is the new mascot La'eeb
Here is the oficial video of Fifa about him

Fifa change the date of the first game and know we are only 100 days to start the coup. Who is animated?

Lets predict :)
My predictions:
Group A: Ecuador and Senegal
Group B: England and USA
Group C: Argentina and México
Group D: France and Australia
Group E: Germany and Spain
Group F: Belgium and Croatia
Group G: Brazil and Cameroon
Group H: Uruguay and Ghana

as per political side of things , Qatar supposedly spent 200 odd billion dollars on this . Supposedly 18 times of what Russia or whatever did for the last cup . Equals the drug research expenses of the whole world in a year , if you believe the claims . Supposedly they hired equal numbers of Pakistanis to cheer on each team because nobody cares back at home and nobody will come to watch . And maybe 2500 people died in the construction of thd facilities . A case study of modern slavery with regular pay .

Hoping the Australians do okay but this event shouldn't be happening and I doubt I'll watch any.

Given we were in the race to host it it's sad because we could have been having a lovely excellent world cup with big fanbases and friendly hosts and people not dying here in Australia, but nah the vote had to be rorted.

I don't think I can in any way give this World Cup so much as a dime of my money. I don't even want to watch a broadcast that will be showing commercials. If I can figure out how to watch some of the matches completely "under the table", I will, but otherwise I may just skip the whole thing.

FiveThirtyEight have an interesting predictions page, which includes an interactive tool you can use to make your own predictions for both the group stage and the bracket. (On the main page, select the "Bracket" tab, and then you can put in your picks.) One interesting feature is that odds of each side advancing automatically update when you make your pick. So if you're really convinced that Poland is going to pull the upset and come in 2nd in Group C, you'll see Mexico's odds of advancing drop from 54% to 18%.

---
Worst corruption case in sports history?
It's certainly starting to look that way, especially if you add in all the stories about workers dropping dead, being housed in squalor, being sent home without their pay, etc.

never watch football , not even on TV but people in the echo chamber ı read for news are already groaning about claims that Qatar offered bribes to win a game . In the good old days the rumours would come after the game and it would be talked about a week or so . No exciment this way !

I heard somewhere saying don't want watch this cup on Qatar because human rights issues.
I understand this kind of argue, but. I think is also cool the first cup in a islamic country.
Even if Qatar have their human rights issues, I think the problem is less worst then in Saudi Arabia.
It's just the second cup in Asia, the other one was in South Korea/Japan 2002. It's a great accomplishment the effort of FIFA to do cups outside Europe/America axis.

the oft-quoted 6,500 migrant deaths in 10 years is out of a migrant worker population of 1,790,000 just from South Asia which comes to a death rate of about 40 per 100,000 per year, lower than the death rate of young Australian males

but that doesn't fit the brutish Arab slavers stereotype hey

There'll be no alcohol for the masses after all in the stadiums, cos some aren't used to it.
Alcohol will of course be available for the rich in the corporate boxes.

Top Bottom