FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

The Japanese commentators are the best. Their unintelligible speech makes a wonderful white noise sound in the background that doesn't interfere with watching the game!

Please. Clearly they're all Oliver Atom.

ONE-PUUUUUUUUUNCH

Well quite a furious start from the Canadians - we got lucky there...

Martínez claimed Belgium deserved victory – he was in a company of one...

"One - Love" - consider it our protest :D

Last edited:
Well quite a furious start from the Canadians - we got lucky there...

"One - Love" - consider it our protest :D
Was Belgium ever in the semi finals of a world cup? (and preferably of those that started with more than 8 teams ;) )

Just checked the calendar - seems you're not even playing this time, what happened ?
I haven't been following any of the national teams (nor other teams, of course), for decades - didn't watch the euro live either, nor the world cup final 8 when it got there.
My guess: greek football has a very low level, and with the financial crisis it simply died.

Why Uruguay have 4 starts in it's uniform if they just won the world cup twice?

Before the world cup, the olympics were FIFA organized world championships, so they are counting those (two gold medals during the 1920's).

1669299794850.png

So other winners of olympics should win a star in it's uniform as England, Belgium and even Canada!

Last edited:
View attachment 645919
So other winners of olympics should win a star in it's uniform as England, Belgium and even Cadaná!

Edit: I'll just quote wiki. It explains it better than me, if it's not worded right, take it up with wiki:

They won the first World Championship organized by FIFA under the Olympic Committee umbrella with true representation from all continents; before then, football in the Olympics comprised only European teams.
Since 1924 marked the beginning of true international football competition, organized by FIFA, FIFA recognizes Uruguay as four-time world champions and allows the team to wear four stars on their uniforms during official international football competitions

"only European" not actually correct if Canada and USA participated

Last edited:
In any case, the World Cup is delivering as expected:

• The Iranian players actually delivering on taking a stand and risking their lives and those of their families' should they ever return to their home country, check.
A former player for Iran's national team has been arrested right after the current players refused to sing the anthem of the theocracy.

It's sort of nice how Qatar's exercise in self-aggrandisement has ended up putting a magnifying lens on the hypocrisies and other failures of various states and transnationals, not just the host autocracy itself.

Fifa hq apparently. Interior decorating ideas from Blofeld.
If it's not buried in the wall of a volcano, and guarded by sharks with frick'n laser-beams attached to their heads, then I'm not interested!

Neymar hurts himself yesterday and now don't will play the phase of groups.
What I think is god! He is a bolsonarista player... Richarlison who make Brazilians goals is Lula.

Top Bottom