Fighters and Interception

migck

Señor de la guerra
I posted this in the Quick Questions thread, but alas it doesn't seem like a quick question.

I have a question about fighters and the Interception I and II promotions in BTS: both normal and jet fighters have a 100% interception chance, yet they are eligible for those two promotions. Is there any benefit for them to have 110% or 130% interception chance? Would that help them at intercepting stealth bombers more easily, or some other benefit?

I seriously doubt it helps intercept stealth aircraft as i'm pretty sure the way they work is that *if* intercepted by a unit they get 25% chance to ignore that interception.

The actual interception rate of aircraft goes down as its health drops so my best guess is that it would only make a difference on damaged fighters, where extra interception chance may actually be a disadvantage as you wouldn't really want damaged ones going up against full strength fighters!

If theres a more definitive answer it would be in the 'combat explained' article in the war academy.

It looks like damage is figured also by the interception percentage, too - a higher percentage = more damage, so it's important to have a high intercept. not sure why that is, but there you go.

Top Bottom