Fighting a civ with high culture

Steelkilt

Chieftain
When you're at war with a civ with much higher culture than yours, how can you prevent a freshly conquered city from returning back to your enemy?

I keep losing my fresh kills before I can even quell the resistors, plus, I lose whatever troops are inside.

I'd appreciate your ideas...

1. Bombard the city into rubble before you take it. You will then only have one resistor which you should squash the first turn.

2. Raze the cities near it.

3. Station only one or two units in the city, and keep the rest just outside so you can take it back if it flips.

You cant stop the flipping, I dont even try. I leave one unit behind so when it does flip I dont loose much. But after it flips the AI only has one or two weak units there and it is easy to retake. Keep your main offensive drive going and dont stop until the enemy is gone completely. Once the AI civ has left the building then you can start properly defending and building in his cities. The only way to keep cities is to have quick wars that are to the death.

If I'm in a situation where I find the probability of a potential flip is high, I just raize all conquered cities. Because; it's not worth going to war just to "raise a few bucks" and conquer some more cities - if I attack - then I'm going for total domination over the selected "victim".

I don't usually go for the genocide. Rather, I target a couple of cities near resources or luxuries that are close to my border. If the enemy's culture is high, I raze the cities adjacent to the ones I want to keep.

Top Bottom