[G&K] Fighting Everyone On The Planet

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
And I mean everyone. Playing as China, on a small island with a few cities with a few resources. I was the only Civ with Freedom and was in trouble quite a few turns out but then everyone declared war on me.

And the other Civs had allied to every CS. I was literally fighting everyone in who existed.

I lost acity, now recovered but can't see how I can win the game. The World War soaked up so many resources. It took me about 4 hours to get out of it.

Are you sure that adopting Freedom was your only "crime"?

I'd say so. I hadn't declared war on anyone and hadn't been caught stealing technology. I probably made a few submissions to the world council that were unpopular.

Needless to say the game didn't turn out well. They didn't beat me militarily but I was embargoed, couldn't trade with City States and eventually couldn't maintain forces sufficient to defend my cities.

Yeah if you don't adopt the same ideology as the other AI, they will hate you and war you for no reason.
Usually what happens if you get first ideology, then the first AI who gets one will pick anything else and then they will all pick whatever that AI picked. The AI always seem to like each other way more than the human player. This works for denouncing as well. There's almost no way to get the AI to like you more than other civs no matter what.
The second you pick a different ideology they usually try to war you if your army score is weak.

Only having three oil didn't help. I needed to settle on some remote island to get a further lot of seven which gave me another point to defend. In the end though it was the gold that made me end the game.

Top Bottom