Filefront is closing

Invoke_Shadows

Chieftain
Whoever uses filefront upload mod patches you need find new place by mar 30 they are closing there site for good come mar 30.

Oh man, that sucks. Filefront actually keeps track of your downloads, Megaupload doesn't. I just use it as an alternate site for that reason. Anyone know of any other good uploading sites?

Darn, I liked filefront, no unending wait times saying that you have to try again in 2 minutes, again, again, ect. Nice dl speed to with lots of space for your stuff.

Megaupload is the only one I can find. The problem I have with them is that they don't keep track of your traffic though. I need to see that # of downloads so my ego gets stroked...

Anyone know of any other sites other then Megaupload that can host 1GB files?

torrent sites can setup a torrent it not hard to do. or if most used usenet it be best way to go upload files to news servers but then people have have access to a news server to download your mods but honestly news servers are cheaper then using something like megaupload or rapidshare,

like giganews you can get unlimited downloading uploading ect for 24.99 a month and they have 231 days binary news server retention witch soon they say will be upgraded to 365 days

last but not least few you could band together and buy a site host own files,can't you host files on fileplanet they have a lot mods.

Ones that are free are better, and Mega only holds your file for 90 days from the last d/l, and its like trying to figure out Chemistry trying to find out how to use Mega for ujploading?.

Somebody has got to have a better solution.

Don't know of any gig+ sites besides the above megaupload, but I really don't like Megeupload because they ditch your stuff after a month or so. As to dl number, doesnt CFC keep track of dl's? At the very least it tracks how many poeple click on the dl link for your mod.

Well, I probably only need 400-500MB, at least the last version of my mod was 397Megs, but the next will be a little larger. I seriously doubt it will go over 500 though, ever.

I need to see that # of downloads so my ego gets stroked...

:agree:. I really like seeing how many downloads have been. Also, i really like FileFront, cause its free and has no upload limit. The last incarnation of the MechaMod was 309 Mb, and since i'm almost done, i dont think i can pierce 500mb, but still...

:suicide:

Well, I probably only need 400-500MB, at least the last version of my mod was 397Megs, but the next will be a little larger. I seriously doubt it will go over 500 though, ever.

Like i said that will really HINDER my mod, cause right now i am close to 2GB of d/l.
Guess i am going to have to restart from the beginning again and only make it
half-a_ _ ed, its a shame.:mad: Going to have to make all static LHs and wonders, dang.:sad:

Less units per civ:sad: less civs :sad: the list goes on.:(

Have you tried packing your art into a .fpk? That halves the size of WolfRev (and also makes your mod load faster when you start the game).

Have you tried packing your art into a .fpk? That halves the size of WolfRev (and also makes your mod load faster when you start the game).

Almost all of my art is in there already(fpk), thats just how BIG it really is, i guess all those that want 148 civs better download it fast, cause like it says FileFront is out of business 30 Mar 09. Thats just till Monday, so i guess Sunday will be it.

*RIP* FileFront :please:

Rapidshare maybe?

Maximum upload size 200 MB, sorry

EDIT:

Maybe make module packs of groups of Civs, like the Capo does with Diplomacy.

I agree, i guess i will have to do that, but then i will have to have an UnLoaded Modules and a Loaded modules section, and alot of people dont like that.

Top Bottom