Final Fantasy 3/6 Map (82x82)

daveyjwin

Chieftain
This is my first attempt at a map creation from scratch, so let me know what you think.

We can all agree that FF3 was the best of the series by a long shot, so I created this maps, with the various factions involved in FF3. This is the World of Balance (Before the collapse), and if this one if well received, I will make a world of ruin as well.

I had to be creative with resource placement, but I think it will work well. The Empire is given a bit of an advantage with resources and room to grow, but are isolated from the other players until optics, so I think it will balance out a bit. Even if not, they SHOULD be powerful. They are The Empire.

I tried to make the names of leaders and whatnot what they should be, but I don't know how to change leaderheads, so ignore it when Edgar is a woman. Haha.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Preview for you!

Attachments

• World of Balance.JPG
    World of Balance.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 4,132
  • World of Balance.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 959
Looks really good. Are you planning on making maps from the other Final Fantasy games?

Rabbit_Alex said:
Looks really good. Are you planning on making maps from the other Final Fantasy games?

No. Final Fantasy 3/6 was the only one I really liked.

Looks like a nice map even tough I haven played the games yet.. however, most people would say that FF7 is the best as it seems to be most peoples fav (mine is FF9) so saying that most people would agree that 3 is the best isnt entirely correct ;)

You're only saying that because you haven't played III. I've way better. Open ended, non linear, etc. Totally rocks.

We can all agree that FF3 was the best of the series by a long shot

No, we can´t. But that´s a discussion for another forum :p

Anyway, Great Map!!! :goodjob:

I played Mystic Quest through to completion. I played 2 for about a week (rental), and then bought 3 when it came out, and have played through it probably 4 times. I played 7 when it came out, but got bored about half way through. Then I tried 10 when it came out, and I just couldn't get into it. None of them just had the nostalgia and overall happiness that 3 gave me.

Anyway, has anyone played it yet? I haven't had time due to exams and whatnot, and probably won't until after V-day.

daveyjwin said:
No. Final Fantasy 3/6 was the only one I really liked.

Awesome Answer.

On a different note, in regards to someone else's post above; More often than not, the people that say FF7 is their favorite Final fantasy usually played that one first. Since FF7 had a very widely publicized release in both Japan and more so (of any final fantasy) The U.S. a very big deal was made out of it, hence it's the most popular of the Series.

I, however, Have played em all, enjoy them all... but Ironically... FF7 is still my favorite, for Story and Character developement alone, and Sephiroth made a damn fine Villain. FF2 is second/tied, because Cecil and Kain were simply Badass.

Oh... good map by the way...

King Jason said:
On a different note, in regards to someone else's post above; More often than not, the people that say FF7 is their favorite Final fantasy usually played that one first.

FF7 was the first one I played and it did plow me away. Still looking back on it, it has the best story. FF9 has my favorite world though (medieval).

FF7 was good. I still like 9 better though. ANYTHING but FF8 lol. Its sucked miserably, least story wise, gameplay was ok.

Maybe when SDK comes out this can be expanded into a full Final Fantasy scenario?

Kushan

=/ Mine was FF6, which was totally awsome. Another thing that would be awsome would be a Map of the Chrono Trigger world. =3 And the world of Ruin. Oh, and a map of Ivalice from FFT! I just salivate when I imagine a FFT scenario.

personally as a strategy/wargamer, the Final Fantasy Tactics games are my favorite console games ever. Unless you count X-com for PS1.:goodjob:

Very nice maps tho. Might play them for my next game.

Since we now can edit, or rather, the collective Civfantatics, can edit and make new unit graphics, we could make Magitech, and moogles, and leader units like Leo, and Edgar, and Baron, and...

Played (US) 1, 2, 3, 7, of those I definitely liked 3 the best.

When someone discovers electricity, flight, or something devastation should be brought on the world and the map needs to totally change, that would be... interesting.

Edit: oh also played a gameboy one, somewhat different

The Final Fantasy Legend games, for the Gameboy, are actually the first three games in the SaGa series; the North American releases were named the way they were, however, because Square thought that they would sell better if they were associated with the popular Final Fantasy. Basically, the SaGa series is to gameplay and open-endedness, as Final Fantasy is to story and theme, when it comes to comparing the series overall.

I can also say that, although I enjoy all three of the games, Final Fantasy Legend II is my favorite handheld game of all time.

daveyjwin said:
Preview for you!

That's a very nice map. As a final fantasy freak, every Civ map based on FF I see get's downloaded.

Btw, FF7 & 9 are the best. :D

Top Bottom