Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

There's a couple of solutions to your production dilemma, involving religion:
    Fellowship of Leaves -> Priests of Leaves -> Bloom to create Forests -> Lumber Mills.
    Runes of Kilmorph -> Soldiers of Kilmorph -> Dwarven Mines. You can fit 4 in the BFC of a normal city, or 5 in a 3rd-ring city (City of a Thousand Slums/Kuriotates).
    Runes of Kilmorph -> Stonewardens -> Earth's Bosom to create hills out of flatland.

2. Ghostslayer

Ghostslayer Chieftain

Yes I know there are solutions.
    Lumbermills are very powerful in rife (while they are rather pathetic in ffh). But going Fol to increase production is a bit weird...
    Concerning RoK, you are also right, but the poor yield of workshops tend to make this religion, that is already probably the most powerful, almost mandatory in some situations.

And what about scions, illians, grigoris...

What I just mean is that denerfing workshops would increase the player choice and hence the diversity and interest of the game.

3. bps1804

bps1804 Chieftain

Ahhh, I didn't realize this was an entirely different patch, just simply the newest thread in RiFE's bug reports/fixes.

My mistake, I should have read the initial posts more carefully. Thanks for the help.

4. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I support Ghostslayer : workshops (and mind/water mill) need to be stronger than earlier improvements. However the nice way to make this is to balance them with limitations : no resource linking... civic needed ... etc so people do not everflow their terrain with those.
    but workshop being low-prod is bothersome. (it is already the only improvement that has a -X yield).

IMO, workshops should be, end-game : -1 / 4 / 1 ... and -1 / 5 / 1 with irrigation. (so they compete with watermill and farms (thus on a river plain they are 0/4/1: same as a mine hill (note that endgame mine-hill on river is 0/5/1, notcounting arete).

(wind mills are not strong enough IMO: they are limited to hills.. and while they have quite interesting totalt yield : don't really do a good job on any yield : 2/2/2 IIRC ? so you can't use them to specialize.. and, of course, they don't pop resources nor collect resources.)
    ...Etc

a MoM mechanics could be cool (and maybe limited to those 3 improvements):
    keep their yield, but have either
    -the yield of those improvements improved by surrounding imp: windmill : +1C per touching farm, +1P per touching quarry / workshop : +1p per touching pasture +1c per touching mine-hamlet / watermill : +1c par touching farm, +1p per touching workshop-hamlet
    OR
    -these improvements are "medium-yield" but improve nearby improvements' yield: windmill/watermill : +1F for touching farms-pastures / +1P for touching quarry/mine (provides workforce) / workshop : +1F to touching pasture-plantation / +1P to touching mines-quarry / +1c to touching camps (provides better tools)

or any other yield that is thematic and balanced for improvement-couples

best regards

5. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

I like this idea. And, yes, Workshops REALLY need a bump up. If you don't go RoK, there's NO WAY to increase the production of certain cities. I realize that's also how vanilla has it, but vanilla's religions are a flavor thing than a power booster.

6. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

7. rocklikeafool

rocklikeafool Warmaster

It should be in My Documents->My Games->Beyond the Sword->Logs, I think.

8. mober6

mober6 Chieftain

There is a bug with the event which features an ancient grave.

The first 3 options have the results written out, the last one does not, and appears to increase the commerce of the square by 1

9. Ronkhar

Ronkhar Warlord

You're probably speaking of the event ANCIENT_BURIAL (Some locals in your empire have discovered that the nearby mound is actually an ancient burial site for some forgotten warrior! They are fearful of the consequences of disturbing the grave.)
    Here is the code for the 4th answer. I don't see anything changing the yield. (but I woke up only recently, so I could have missed it)

Code:
    <EventInfo><!--Ancient Burial  events-->
    			<Type>EVENT_ANCIENT_BURIAL_4</Type>
    			<Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_ANCIENT_BURIAL_4</Description>
    			<bPickCity>1</bPickCity>
    			<PythonCallback>doAncientBurial4</PythonCallback>
    			<PythonHelp>helpAncientBurial4</PythonHelp>
    			<PythonCanDo>cannotApplyGood</PythonCanDo>
    			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Process/Blank.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds,8,5</Button>
    			<iAIValue>1000</iAIValue>
    		</EventInfo>

def doAncientBurial4 (argsList):
    	iEvent = argsList[0]
    	kTriggeredData = argsList[1]
    	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
    	pPlot = gc.getMap().plot(kTriggeredData.iPlotX, kTriggeredData.iPlotY)
    	if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Skeleton")<40 :
    		bPlayer = gc.getPlayer(gc.getDEMON_PLAYER())
    		newUnit = bPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SKELETON'), pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
    		newUnit.setName("Ancient Warrior")
    		newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_HEROIC_DEFENSE'), True)
    		newUnit.setHasPromotion(gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_HELD'), True)
    	else:
    		pPlayer.changeGold(90)

10. mober6

mober6 Chieftain

yeah, it looks like it simply gives a lump sum of gold?

11. mober6

mober6 Chieftain

Pristin pass also does not appear, along with triforce and related items
    For otherwise unimplemented mechanics, the shard of wisdom as is (+2 research per kill) does not work, while I can confirm the mekaran gladiators do manage to "loot" culture

12. mober6

mober6 Chieftain

The lair equipment, (ring of striking, heart amulet, ring of perception, hauberk of abjuration) does not appear to drop anymore.

The mekaran berserker augumentation does not appear to notice when you receive a "special effect" which according to the civopedia includes attacking multiple times per turn and additional attack str increases

13. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Warlord

I remember these issues being reported for some time now.

14. mober6

mober6 Chieftain

Are you sure about the random equipment? I'm pretty sure that in one of the RiFE 1.4 versions I played had the items working perfectly fine. I went from 1.4 base through all 3 of snarko's bugfixes

15. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Warlord

Reported but not fixed!

16. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

Hmm. I know for sure they were showing up in version 13.7 (the previous base version, before it was renamed to Ashes of Erebus in 13.10). Now that I think about it though, I haven't seen any of the Lair equipment show up in my last couple of games in 13.10.

17. Jaded_Feriluce

Jaded_Feriluce Dark Lord of the Regents

I've asked elsewhere... but couldn't get an answer. How do you turn off (or on for that matter) the debug mode? Everytime I start a game now all the unique features, spells, and relgions are gone... it says it's in debug mode... but didn't see an option for that. Can someone help me out here? I've been itching to play for a couple days now lol. Nevermind I fixed it... sorry for bothering everyone. :)

18. cthom

cthom 3,011,451,295

I think debug option is in the civilization.ini file
    c:\my documents\my games\

19. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Warlord

Khazad's Dwarven Vault pedia entry does not reflect the city description regarding the Training Rate Modifiers, for example, that Dwarven Vault (low) attracts a -0.50 Training Rate Modifier.

(Mind you I don't know if the modifier is actually being applied in-game)

Attached Files:

20. Ronkhar

Ronkhar Warlord

I've tracked down the disparition of lair equipments. It happens between R47(=OK) and R48 (=broken)
    Public release 13.10 corresponds to code release R49 --> your impression is right.

The only change to lairs in R48 update was snarko's fix

I'll revert it and see if the equipments spawn again.