1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Montmorency, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Takhisis with the piledriver on Manasi.

"She was completely useless. Typical."

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I'm on the case. I just need to get over the instinctively killing whoever votes for me.

3. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

gg logic

4. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

sorry i couldnt be around

5. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Oh, you're just so new to mafia. You should've been playing all these years.
    I play some games like that and it's fun, but I can't overdo it or else I'd become a policy lynch.
    Hey, you were hosting elsewhere. If you weren't the proficient player that I know you to be then you then I wouldn't be giving you the 99% town cred I'm giving you.

6. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

that post is too nice what happened to you takhisis

7. Takhisis

Nice? I was being passive-aggressive to two out of the three people I was addressing. Was I too subtle?

8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

No, I got the message clearly enough. I also, in reviewing the thread, have recognized that a whole lot of posts are meaningless attempts at humor (fluff, I'm guessing being the technical term) and that sifting through them all is somewhat annoying...and a lot of them are mine. I can see how a townsperson who was really trying to figure stuff out could be saying "Gah!!! Can we lynch Tim just to shut him up so I can think?" So I promise I will try to stay more on point.

9. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Barto actually going half aggro for no reason against me is noted and not appreciated tbh.

10. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Genuinely have no idea what the point of Mafia is if not the humour and banter.

11. Takhisis

To quote Deep Purple, it is the thrill of the chase.

12. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I'm going to be blunt: I had a lot of personal drama yesterday so my attention was not on the game at all, which is why I completely missed the brigade against me.

Give me some time to look over the thread and I'll respond to Snerk and co.

13. Omega124

So it seems like the only accusation of mine is basically "I support voted", and then everyone followed Snerk pretty much blindly.

Once again, I want to apologize, I had two different personal drama things (one more relating to a friend than myself) I had to deal with yesterday and I ended up literally disconnecting myself from the internet because the stress of them was actually getting to the better of me.

I want to say what Tim said is true: My plan was to wait until more information came up before potentially switching my vote from a lynch I was against (I really didn't want to see Tak lynched on day 1, sue me), but rl got in the way of that so I tuned out of CFC. Lesson learned, don't do that again.

MaryKB likes this.
  14. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

So, what do you think so far?

Who stands out as villagery/wolfy to you?

15. Omega124

I think its a bit too early for me to definitely say who is mafia and who is town. Not enough hard information for me for me to work on. I believe that Snerk didn't intend to dogpile me; I think that whole buisness was more an accident than deliberate on his part, so while I'll be wary he does read more of a townie to me.

I'm pretty sure Seon picked me because we're friends and he just wanted to troll me. I can't read much further than him just being typical Seon. Mary I don't have a strong opinion of either, because I barely know her and thus don't know her thought pattern well. But I do, of course, know as the only 100% confirmed town from my own perspective, choosing to go after me right after a trusted player did, with no real justification beyond "I had to vote for someone", is a little... lazy.

I jokingly FFoS'd Syn earlier in the thread (Argentina is IOT's off topic thread, hence argentina bad=anti-IOT agenda) but tbh I might be more serious about it now that I've reread the thread. He has the wrong combination of posting a lot, while not having a lot to say with his posts. And not like how Tak takes the piss constantly; he's just meandering a lot without really committing to any viewpoint whatsoever. That's my hardest read for someone who is likely mafia.

Tim reads hard town for me, the only one currently in the game who I have that opinion of atm. Anyone organizing the town in a calm and collected manner is generally not scum from my experiences, because scum rarely like to be open and in the forefront.

I'm going against the circlejerk and I don't think a Support/Abstain on D1 is suspicious in itself. I'm of the opinion not trying to get people you don't want to be killed is an absolute valid move to do at any point in the game. I am, however, more suspicious of the timing of the vote. I did it when Tak was in the lead to be lynched. I don't think Tak had any non-support votes left when Zelda voted. My vote, imo, wasn't wasted, if only that it discouraged a dogpile on a player I wanted to keep alive, but Zelda's, imo, was.

Everyone else I don't have a strong opinion of. Tak is just being Tak, Joan seemingly also seemed too irl distracted to participate in the thread much, and I'll admit I don't think I know the rest of the (alive) players to have a real opinion of.

16. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

It's never early enough for reads, but that is a good post, thanks.

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Oh my !!! (wrong thread? :lol:)

No! M. Adverbose... that would make you a valid target for mafiosi... provided you aren't one of them. And "meaningless attempts at humor (fluff, I'm guessing being the technical term)" are very important imo... Townies have to work harder I guess...

+1

:love: That's cute, or machiavelic... Anyway, since we are allowed to post at night, I'll sum up my thoughts later on today. Maybe even share one of my excel sheet I lost time on... but be sure this is the kind of post that makes me go strait in alert mode my sweat Barto Takho buddie ;)

18. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

And how was I tunneling? I gave leans on everybody and their grandmother.
    No I'm glad they followed me, I wanted you lynched. I didn't think D1 was a particular good look for you, still don't. But you've posted some decent content since then.

Regarding Yako it's tricky to say all that much without going full captain hindsight. If Megs is town Yako's wagon isn't very interesting other than the mafiosi would probably have preferred the more active player lynched.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  19. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

That's fair. So far I like Syn and Mary the least. Megs was a weak case and both of them have been shifty all day long. I especially didnt like that feint towards the end of the day.

20. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Tim seems pretty townish, that's my strongest read. Tak and Visor I lean town on, especially Visor, such a superb player he is. Zelda has me disconcerted.

A second support vote when the Tak-fad had already passed is the most eye-popping move of the day, and I wanna think the Commies would know better. I want to think shy townie, but I always want to think the best of people. Ofc Megs vote is also suspicious but I believe she's being earnest here and I am willing to give her a pass on today.

It will be really funny if she turns out to be a Commie and I helped save her.