Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Feeding the beast...

upload_2019-12-5_23-50-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-5_23-45-54.png
    upload_2019-12-5_23-45-54.png
    10 KB · Views: 29
You're still not contributing, Mr. Snerk…

Alrighty then. Home from work, where of course I had plenty of time to ponder. Now I've taken a little time to read the new posts. And I have some questions. Please understand that asking someone a question doesn't mean I really think of them as a suspect...as Freud would say, sometimes a question is just a cigar. So...

@Takhisis Of all the people here you more than anyone had to know that when you voted for me I'd vote you right back and that chaos would follow. That chaos is now being cited as cover for some people doing stuff that other people are calling questionable. What were you thinking you'd gain there?

@Snerk I have a lot of faith in my powers of persuasion. I thought I had a very good argument about Yako's misread of my "TMI" post. Frankly, I thought it would be enough to convince him to change his vote and in retrospect I wish he had as I'd have probably woken up from my paranoia and looked more closely at what everyone else was doing. But I think a lot of other people were convinced. Why weren't you? Like, you completely dismissed the whole thing even though it was pretty much the driver that sent Yako to the gallows.

More to follow, but those two are a good start.

@Takhisis Of all the people here you more than anyone had to know that when you voted for me I'd vote you right back and that chaos would follow. That chaos is now being cited as cover for some people doing stuff that other people are calling questionable. What were you thinking you'd gain there?
The more activity the better. It makes the mafia come out from their hidey-holes because at some point they cannot afford to be the only ones not communicating.
And not everybody here knows you that well so their reactions to it could have been interesting.

i think this is the most active ive seen takhisis.... well ever in a game

1. Timsup2nothin (Tim)
2. Takhisis (Barto, Bart, Tak)
3. Manasi
4. JohannaK (Johanna, Jo)
5. pzelda (Zelda)
6. MaryKB (Mary)
7. Snerk
8. Omega124 (Omega)
9. Seon
10. Synsensa (Syn)
11. RRRaskolnikov (Ras, Rask, Raskol, RRR)
12. Visorslash (Visor)

I think if i was ordering this list, i dont feel very comfortable about it, but:

Visor
Omega
Raskol
Takhisis

Snerk
Manasi

Seon
JoanK
Tim

pzelda

MaryKB
Synsensa

Takhisis has done more work than ive ever seen him, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I liked both Omega and Raskols tone/posts overnight. Snerk I'm not really sure how to read and there hasnt been enough posts from Manasi to really get a grip on them (and I didn't read eod so I guess I should do that at some point) but mostly wanting to believe here.

Hard to figure out where I stand with Joan, Tim and Seon, Tim says a lot but doesnt go anywhere with it really, Seon doesn't say a lot, and Joan always swoops in after things have happened, typically commenting on things after the fact rather than directly engaging with players.

Pzelda I'm just not feeling the villagery vibes (Also @pzelda my game has started on the Org in case you haven't noticed). We did play a game recently and I thought he was very villagery, so I will give him some time to do so now anyway.

Mary has done nothing and I'm trusting in the others snap reads (which I think are villagery) that she is playing like she did in some recent game.
Synsensa is clearly around and posting but just has zero interest in solving the alignments of players. Really needs to step up tomorrow.

You're still not contributing, Mr. Snerk…
And you are? You still haven't explained how my actions D1 was tunneling.
@Snerk I have a lot of faith in my powers of persuasion. I thought I had a very good argument about Yako's misread of my "TMI" post. Frankly, I thought it would be enough to convince him to change his vote and in retrospect I wish he had as I'd have probably woken up from my paranoia and looked more closely at what everyone else was doing. But I think a lot of other people were convinced. Why weren't you? Like, you completely dismissed the whole thing even though it was pretty much the driver that sent Yako to the gallows.
You're right, that post from Yako was definitely off. And was partly why I didn't have a town lean on him, nor did I object all that much to his wagon. Although he did somewhat redeem himself eventually with some actual reads. Also, that post was kinda early D1. And throwing around some weird accusations with a vote early D1 to get things going isn't all that unheard of for townies. OTOH perhaps his read on you was right and you're indeed a red menace. IDK.

The more activity the better. It makes the mafia come out from their hidey-holes because at some point they cannot afford to be the only ones not communicating.
And not everybody here knows you that well so their reactions to it could have been interesting.
Fair enough.

@Seon Somewhere long about post 250 you cast what seemed like a meaningless vote, and when Tak challenged you on it your reasoning was really weak and in response he called you on that and outright voted you. Your weakly reasoned vote turned into the beginning of a poorly supported dogpile on Omega and that was that, but...wouldn't it be normal to either say something more about your vote, even if it was just to downplay it? Or vote back at Tak if you weren't particularly serious in the first place? Or...well...something?

You're right, that post from Yako was definitely off. And was partly why I didn't have a town lean on him, nor did I object all that much to his wagon. Although he did somewhat redeem himself eventually with some actual reads. Also, that post was kinda early D1. And throwing around some weird accusations with a vote early D1 to get things going isn't all that unheard of for townies. OTOH perhaps his read on you was right and you're indeed a red menace. IDK.

Throwing weird accusations early on D1 to get things going certainly rings a bell with me. In two games played I've fired off a vote before most people even get in the conversation both times. So why didn't you suggest that maybe that was all he was doing when it might have mattered, instead of landing your one man dogpile on Omega without much of a reason? You had a compelling argument, why didn't you offer it? It's not like nobody asked.

Oh, and I may not be reading the standard words and phrases, but I think that is exactly what Yak means by "tunneling." Your vote for Omega was on weak grounds, and you pretty much admitted it was on weak grounds. It obviously had big consequences since your dogpile team immediately reduced day one to a two horse race between what turned out to be an innocent and someone who hasn't demonstrated much reason to be targeted. Were you just satisfied with either outcome there for some reason we all would be interested in knowing?

I remember in the good old days Tak was always competing to have the most posts in a thread. I miss vBulletin.

@MaryKB You've been playing this game exactly like the first game we played...when you were mafia. It's been noted repeatedly that you are playing the same way...as you played when you were mafia. You are responding to those inquiries exactly the same way you did previously...when you were mafia. I'm dead certain that you see where I'm going with this, and I honestly think you need to do something to derail this train.

Hard to figure out where I stand with Joan, Tim and Seon, Tim says a lot but doesnt go anywhere with it really, Seon doesn't say a lot, and Joan always swoops in after things have happened, typically commenting on things after the fact rather than directly engaging with players.

I got a couple people saying that I am the towniest read in the game, and other than Snerk there doesn't seem to be much of a "Tim is suspicious" vibe going around. I thought when I saw them that the "Tim for breakfast, he's the towniest" crowd might be going a bit overboard. Snerk going the other way doesn't surprise me, since he has to realize that I suspect him and I'm getting more suspicious by the moment...but why do you read it as I'm not going anywhere? I mean, where I went turned out to be clearly wrong, and one might question whether that was accident or design, but "not going anywhere" doesn't seem to apply to the guy who unfortunately lead the charge to lynch Yako (which I regret, in case anyone is wondering).

Ras: Town for now. Good content, I usually don't do spreadsheets and stuff as mafia.
Visor: Seems villegary enough. Hasn't done anything he can't conjure up as scum but I'm still going with a town lean.
Tak: Muy diferente. More effort and less giving into his usual ways. I'll town it for now.
Tim: Also somewhat different compared to last game. So ALL business now, eh? I guess it's a town lean but I'm a bit wary.
pzelda: Similar to Seon. Twist my arm I'm more I'm more inclined to lean town it compared to Seon.

Omega: Scummy pre EOD, better after. But I'm not as swayed to her towness as others.
Manasi: Lazy or staying low? Mild scum lean perhaps.
Syn: Similar to Jo. Ok opening but seems more uncomfortable now.
Mary: Both decent lynch candidate ATM, and obvious low hanging fruit for the mafia if town.
Jo: OK opening but has had a negative progress IMO. Needs a lot more edge.
Seon: One of my mafia leans d1. Needs to show up.

Oh, and I may not be reading the standard words and phrases, but I think that is exactly what Yak means by "tunneling." Your vote for Omega was on weak grounds, and you pretty much admitted it was on weak grounds. It obviously had big consequences since your dogpile team immediately reduced day one to a two horse race between what turned out to be an innocent and someone who hasn't demonstrated much reason to be targeted. Were you just satisfied with either outcome there for some reason we all would be interested in knowing?
I never said I think my vote was on particularly weak grounds. Not for a D1 vote anyway. And perhaps get off your high horse? Whatever suspicions you had towards Yako was dead WRONG. And your vote on him served only to deplete our town with an active member with a decent track record. The jury is still very much out on if my vote on Megs was bad or not. Why are you so convinced that Megs is town?

i think i still like snerk

i'm going to push for a syn lynch tomorrow

you've had a lynch flip, yet no talk so far

Oh and cunicular = tunneling = tunnelvision = focusing all your attention on one player.

Top Bottom