1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Montmorency, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

And remember that if the town wins even the town players who are "dead" win.

2. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

I think my problem is I don't want to believe anyone is a "wolf", if I'm making sense? My brain is trained to err on the side of thinking the best.

3. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

well, find who you think is the most townie then?

i mean let me be blunt here, we will have to lynch you at some point if you do not begin to play the game. I'm sympathetic to your viewpoint but you did sign up for this game so you should have some idea of what it requires and what you will have to do to play it. you are going to have to fight your brain here.

MaryKB likes this.
  4. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I feel like I’m really dropping the ball this game. Has mafia and notw games always been so fast paced? I don’t even know if a night happened already. Can someone point me to the results if that happened?

I swear I stepped away for like, a day and there’s 10 more pages of posts to go through than there was before.

5. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Alright, caught up. Or at least, I think I did. No kills. That is interesting. It indicates either

1. Incredibly lucky guess
    2. That mafia somehow behaved in a predictable manner that the doctor could perceive.

I do not particularly buy into the reading of any particular day 1 actions. It was always my opinion, at least from old NotWs, that day 1 was always a less serious part of the game for random guessings. I suppose things may be different now but I don’t particularly buy it.

I don’t particularly believe that synsensa is guilty. She could very well be guilty, but I don’t believe that a mafia member would put herself so quickly by behaving in such a confrontational and public manner.

I could, of course, be wrong, but for now I will vote: Synsena.

Expect me to change my votes to accuse someone once I go through the rest of the posts. I also admit that in my haste to scan through the posts I may have missed someone’s amazing analysis of Syn or whatever.

My gut instinct tells me that I should suspect Takhisis. He has made an awful lot of analysis and lists for day 1 for which I don’t think analysis of such nature are possible yet, and a lot of his comments and statements are either empty or funny jokes. He doesn’t tend to be overly confrontational, and is active in the game. This tends to fit the profile of a mafia member that I am familiar with.

6. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

i dont get it

synsensa doesnt have any votes on them

and support voting doesnt actually lynch wolves

we need to vote to lynch people

how exactly do you plan on killing the wolves with support votes

7. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Ah, my mistake then.

Unvote, Vote: Takhisis for now.

My argument was principly that I don’t think Synsensa was guilty. I assumed she had votes on her because of some posts saying she was like a caught Wolf, which I didn’t particularly buy the reasoning for.

OMGUS votes are so stereotypically a ‘guilty’ move that I can’t possibly see any self-respecting wolves to do it.

8. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

i mean i understand the reasoning why you think synsensa isnt a wolf

i just didn't get why you support voted with 0 votes against :p

9. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

do you have any other people you think are likely to be town/mafia?

10. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

I guess I'm still alive. I managed to read the flip but not anything after it. I need to leave soon now, but I'll try to be online later.
    Hopefully cracking the game wide open today.
    Fear me, waffles!

11. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Btw I kind of messed up with that support vote. I forgot to switch to an actual vote. Now, I might make support votes my new strategy :smoke:

12. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Cause I had to scan through 10 pages to catch up and my ability to actually count votes is apparently compromised

Takhisis I have a gut instinct is guilty because his behavior reminds me of when some of the more experienced players were guilty.

I have an innate suspicion of mafia players who seem to be

1. Taking the game too seriously during turn 1
    2. Saying a lot of nothing.

I haven’t really compiled a case against anyone else yet, but I would think that Manasi is suspicious, mostly because he indicated he finds other people suspicious during day 2, and seems to be reasonably following the debates, but also didn’t vote for either of his suspicions.

13. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

I agree (although I was too lazy to read most of it properly).

Johanna's opinions are weaker. The last sentence makes it very self-aware. I should make a proper list, but this is close to the bottom.
    Manasi might be in her meta, but I dislike her reaction to Tak's read. Feels like overrreacting.
    Mary's another bottom pile player. Her posts are full of reasons why she can't make any reads.
    Also, how can someone vote Tak? Seon's vote reads almost like TWTBaW at first as the post doesn't mention Tak at all, but the newly added explanation makes it wee better.
    My final scumlean:

Vote: Raskolnikov

for graphs :crazyeye:
    they're not helping to solve the game, they're just busywork.

14. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Oh. I thought Raskolinkov was dead.

My brain is just cross wired today. Wow.

Yeah I didn’t really like how they made visually impressive graphs that basically does and says nothing. It seems a bit like trying too hard.

Still my gut instinct isn’t as inclined to vote for them as it does Takhisis.

15. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Making graphs on its own is NAI. But Ras clearly put an energy into it fullfiling the five year plan on 200% but for what end. There are no reads based on these graphs.

Is it only instinct what makes you sr Tak? I guess I prefer voting someone who's not progressing the game over someone who is. Tak's clearly the latter for me.

16. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Hey Mary! I merely tryed to make you move but you did ignored me :sad: It makes me nervous... but you can count on my friendship (but it doesn't come with lynch immunity I am afraid)

I spoke her about self-manipulation last game, but she is resisting... :nono:

Tak is voting them (I am not getting used to it :lol:). Not counting right Visor?

You are doing it again. bad timing...

I was feeding Snerk... the voting sheet is more usefull I agree. But I note that while you did post your feelings about different players, the best case you put to justify a vote is... graphs. :twitch:

I have an innate suspicion that you are scum and are sharing what you would want the naive/beginner/careless players to believe. I woke up wanting to taste a bit of either Mary ( :hug: ) or Synsensa, but this is going too far and my favorite:

cross wired or careless mafioso. How could I been dead? You gave orders but didn't thought at the doc, is that right? Vote: Seon

:popcorn:

I am a dude, you can give me "he/him" if you like. :)

17. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

I guess I have an opinion on everyone, but
    1)I have too many wolf reads
    2) I'm pretty sure my read on Snerk's just guts and that I need to reread Tim. Logic could be right after all.
    3) I feel that with an exception of Ras most of my w reads are based on inactivity and lack of good thread presence. By good thread of presence I mean that for example Mary's posts are more fluff than anything or that Omega's impact on the game was super minimal.

VVV - Tak
    VV - Visor
    V - Snerk, Tim
    W - Manasi, JohannaK, Syn, Seon, Omega
    WW - Raskolnikov, Mary

18. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Oh, ninja'd by Ras. That indeed could be a slip. Also, good to see Ras/Seon are not w/w. I started tinfoiling that after I saw Seon preferring his Tak vote over Ras.
    I guess there's very likely exactly one wolf in the duo. That would leave me with two wolves in the rest.

UNVOTE: RASKOLNIKOV
    VOTE: SEON

19. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

@Seon who are the other two wolves, if Tak is one? Do you Dothink Ras and Tak could be a world? Do you have any other scumreads or townreads? Maybe try to make a list, if you feel like making it. I don't necessary need it, but I would like to know more of your opinions. They have been quite different from the threads consensus so far.

20. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

This is weird. Also the spreadsheet is like, the best and most visual way we have to keep track of a voting record? While his line of "We might be helping the wolves by sharing information" is patently absurd, since they're the only ones who know anything, the spreadsheet demonstrates he's put some effort into the game and is being generally helpful.

You... are not.

I'm still leaning more on vote: Synsensa since he's easily been the worst frequent poster around, but I won't shed a tear if Seon dies.