1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Montmorency, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I am going to join the bandwagon and Vote: Synsensa for the details that I laid out in Night 1. I'm not a fan of Syn's posting style in this game, and they are the person who I would likely at this stage in the game consider to be most likely mafia. Seon initially supporting Syn before switching to a Tak vote has got me very suspicious, but that's a lead I think I would think we can follow if syn ends up actually being mafia.

I want to trust Zelda's explaination for their vote, but I still question the logic of doing a support vote on someone, at the time, was in no danger of actually being lynched. There's trying to save someone you think is town, and there is just throwing your vote away, and I think Zelda's vote was the latter.

2. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Being generally helpful is the best way for wolves to get towncred.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

You might want to reread that post my dear... unless I am wrong, "one might think blablabla" doesn't mean "I think blablabla". I was preemptively sweeping away nonsensical attacks on the voting sheet (see Seon and Zelda)

4. Montmorency

Montmorency Prince

HOST TALLY 2-1:

Syn (3): Tak, Johanna, Omega
    Mary (2): Visor, Tim
    Seon (2): , Rask, Zelda
    Visor (1): Syn
    Tak (1): Seon

There are fewer than 34 hours remaining

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

"One might think", to me, generally implies referring to oneself. "Some might think" patently refers to others. But I can accept that explanation.

6. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

gotcha. My english is very poor :blush:

7. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Visor, Ras, Tim, Tak: I really don't see us lynching in this group today. I've town leaned these peeps but it's still the softest of leans. Cops might do well to target in this group.

Syn: I've cross referenced with my psychoanalytic dossier on him I don't see his pouting as indicative of scumness. I hope I'm not wrong on this.

Mary: Ok I'll say it, I don't think she's evil. I know I know, that's exactly what we said last game and look where that brought us. I'll admit it, I'm a weak pathetic excuse of a man ok?

Manasi: Giving her a pass today. If this is your scum play omg so lame. So lame.

Jo: Way too careful, more panache baby! But I had a similar feeling last game and he was town so IDK.

Pzelda, Omega, Seon: Would like to lynch here. A Seon lynch seems the most realistic atm. My only gripe with that is that I'm not sure he care enough about the game to be scum. But that can be a risky assumption. Should Omega flip scum that Yako wagon D1 would be very interesting. Some players on that wagon has been very vocal about not wanting an Omega lynch. Could be something there.

vote: Seon for now

oh and well done doc or whatever it was! Nice

8. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Okay, thank you @Visorslash, your posts were very helpful, and I'm going back and reading other peoples' thought posts.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

RRRaskolnikov is 99% town. I'm thinking this because he and I were mafia last time, and he's now sharing publicly the kinds of things he was only sharing with us last time. I imagine if he was mafia again, he'd be doing things like he was last time. Right now he seems like our leader, and I believe following his advice is a really good idea.

I feel very strongly Manasi is a mafia. She's keeping her head low, but is very eager to jump on bandwagons. Yesterday she voted very late to make sure Yakostovian was lynched, who we all know now was a good guy. She also said now she's up for joining a lynching of me, whom some others have described as "low hanging fruit for mafia."

I think the other two likely candidates are Takhisis and Omega124. Omega put on a weird early support vote for Tak, and Tak helped kill Yako. Tak also got started going really early yesterday. Manasi helped make sure Omega wasn't lynched. It seems to me these three are working together.

I feel Visorslash is probably town, because he's beng really helpful (and why would he want to do so if he's mafia?) I feel the same about Timsup2nothin for the same reasons. With my really clumsy newbie play, I feel I'd be a prime target for the mafia to jump on to get me lynched, but these two guys I feel are honestly trying to help.

I need to study more to get more of an idea.

For now, I'm going to vote: Manasi.

9. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

I'm really sorry for how terrible a player I am, please do remember this is only my second game, and I got thrown in as mafia in my first one. I think I'm starting to understand, this is less of a traditional game and more of a personality analysis type thing. That's not something I'm normally good at, I've been called naive because I usually think the best of people, and I don't generally like hurting people. I'm starting to see just how much fun this can be though, and I promise I will get a better understanding of what I'm doing.

10. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

can someone actually explain to me why they think Synsensa is guilty?

11. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

I would say these things look good for him. Do you find his posts to be that strong outside of meta? I still find Ras quite light on content.

12. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Seon not automatically jumping on his counter wagon is a good look, but I would prefer him to answer my questions.

13. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

the secret is nobody is actually good at this game, no matter how many you play

its fun even if you are wrong, thats the addicting part. its just fun to guess

im looking to forward more posts like the above for sure, always good to have different perspectives on the game

14. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

I don't really want to vote mary right now, Syn maybe?

I guess I could go seon but im not super convinced about any kind of slip

Vote: Synsensa

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Can confirm. Been playing for eons, still don't know what I'm doing.

16. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

That makes me feel better! :)

17. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

If Syn's a caught wolf then why don't you vote for him?
    What a curious interaction between the two of you, given how my vote has been parked on Synsensa since before then. It's almost as if Seon were trying to defend him!

18. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Mary: think of this game as co-operative. If you're mafia, you're teaming with others to attack. If you're town, you're teaming up to defend.

19. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Takhisis labelled my vote of Visorslash as being a bad one.

Here is my reasoning: Visorslash's behaviour has been very conducive towards the mafia. I posit that he is either a part of the mafia or operating in such a way that he is as much of a danger to the town as they are. He is aggressive in his interrogation of certain participants, not accepting their answers unless they dance to the tune he specifically fiddles. He continues this until the person gets annoyed, and then points at them and says, "See, this is very suspicious. They might just be scum."

He also assumes leadership of the town. When someone does something he does not like, he tells them about how "we" will need to punish them for it. He speaks for the rest and demands performance from his targets, and this is then portrayed as a helpful service. Helpful to who?

The bangwagon on me is unlikely to be redirected, but I would stress taking a closer look at Visorslash in the following days. While it's possible he's just a particularly inquisitive townie, his approach to it seems particularly beneficial to the mafia.

20. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Syn is too meandering in his post style for my liking. He's perhaps one of the most active people pn the thread, but has said very little of actual substance during that time. His last post above, defending his vote against Visor, is some of the few information he's actually given about his thought process.

I said in the past it was my strongest read for mafia. I never said it was a strong read, fwiw.