Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

I am going to join the bandwagon and Vote: Synsensa for the details that I laid out in Night 1. I'm not a fan of Syn's posting style in this game, and they are the person who I would likely at this stage in the game consider to be most likely mafia. Seon initially supporting Syn before switching to a Tak vote has got me very suspicious, but that's a lead I think I would think we can follow if syn ends up actually being mafia.

I want to trust Zelda's explaination for their vote, but I still question the logic of doing a support vote on someone, at the time, was in no danger of actually being lynched. There's trying to save someone you think is town, and there is just throwing your vote away, and I think Zelda's vote was the latter.

This is weird. Also the spreadsheet is like, the best and most visual way we have to keep track of a voting record? While his line of "We might be helping the wolves by sharing information" is patently absurd, since they're the only ones who know anything, the spreadsheet demonstrates he's put some effort into the game and is being generally helpful.

You... are not.

Being generally helpful is the best way for wolves to get towncred.

his line of "We might be helping the wolves by sharing information" is patently absurd

You might want to reread that post my dear... unless I am wrong, "one might think blablabla" doesn't mean "I think blablabla". I was preemptively sweeping away nonsensical attacks on the voting sheet (see Seon and Zelda)

HOST TALLY 2-1:

Syn (3): Tak, Johanna, Omega
Mary (2): Visor, Tim
Seon (2): , Rask, Zelda
Visor (1): Syn
Tak (1): Seon

There are fewer than 34 hours remaining

Last edited:
"One might think", to me, generally implies referring to oneself. "Some might think" patently refers to others. But I can accept that explanation.

Visor, Ras, Tim, Tak: I really don't see us lynching in this group today. I've town leaned these peeps but it's still the softest of leans. Cops might do well to target in this group.

Syn: I've cross referenced with my psychoanalytic dossier on him I don't see his pouting as indicative of scumness. I hope I'm not wrong on this.

Mary: Ok I'll say it, I don't think she's evil. I know I know, that's exactly what we said last game and look where that brought us. I'll admit it, I'm a weak pathetic excuse of a man ok?

Manasi: Giving her a pass today. If this is your scum play omg so lame. So lame.

Jo: Way too careful, more panache baby! But I had a similar feeling last game and he was town so IDK.

Pzelda, Omega, Seon: Would like to lynch here. A Seon lynch seems the most realistic atm. My only gripe with that is that I'm not sure he care enough about the game to be scum. But that can be a risky assumption. Should Omega flip scum that Yako wagon D1 would be very interesting. Some players on that wagon has been very vocal about not wanting an Omega lynch. Could be something there.

vote: Seon for now

oh and well done doc or whatever it was! Nice

Okay, thank you @Visorslash, your posts were very helpful, and I'm going back and reading other peoples' thought posts.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

RRRaskolnikov is 99% town. I'm thinking this because he and I were mafia last time, and he's now sharing publicly the kinds of things he was only sharing with us last time. I imagine if he was mafia again, he'd be doing things like he was last time. Right now he seems like our leader, and I believe following his advice is a really good idea.

I feel very strongly Manasi is a mafia. She's keeping her head low, but is very eager to jump on bandwagons. Yesterday she voted very late to make sure Yakostovian was lynched, who we all know now was a good guy. She also said now she's up for joining a lynching of me, whom some others have described as "low hanging fruit for mafia."

I think the other two likely candidates are Takhisis and Omega124. Omega put on a weird early support vote for Tak, and Tak helped kill Yako. Tak also got started going really early yesterday. Manasi helped make sure Omega wasn't lynched. It seems to me these three are working together.

I feel Visorslash is probably town, because he's beng really helpful (and why would he want to do so if he's mafia?) I feel the same about Timsup2nothin for the same reasons. With my really clumsy newbie play, I feel I'd be a prime target for the mafia to jump on to get me lynched, but these two guys I feel are honestly trying to help.

I need to study more to get more of an idea.

For now, I'm going to vote: Manasi.

I'm really sorry for how terrible a player I am, please do remember this is only my second game, and I got thrown in as mafia in my first one. I think I'm starting to understand, this is less of a traditional game and more of a personality analysis type thing. That's not something I'm normally good at, I've been called naive because I usually think the best of people, and I don't generally like hurting people. I'm starting to see just how much fun this can be though, and I promise I will get a better understanding of what I'm doing.

can someone actually explain to me why they think Synsensa is guilty?

RRRaskolnikov is 99% town. I'm thinking this because he and I were mafia last time, and he's now sharing publicly the kinds of things he was only sharing with us last time. I imagine if he was mafia again, he'd be doing things like he was last time. Right now he seems like our leader, and I believe following his advice is a really good idea.

I would say these things look good for him. Do you find his posts to be that strong outside of meta? I still find Ras quite light on content.

Seon not automatically jumping on his counter wagon is a good look, but I would prefer him to answer my questions.

I'm really sorry for how terrible a player I am, please do remember this is only my second game, and I got thrown in as mafia in my first one. I think I'm starting to understand, this is less of a traditional game and more of a personality analysis type thing. That's not something I'm normally good at, I've been called naive because I usually think the best of people, and I don't generally like hurting people. I'm starting to see just how much fun this can be though, and I promise I will get a better understanding of what I'm doing.
the secret is nobody is actually good at this game, no matter how many you play

its fun even if you are wrong, thats the addicting part. its just fun to guess

im looking to forward more posts like the above for sure, always good to have different perspectives on the game

I don't really want to vote mary right now, Syn maybe?

I guess I could go seon but im not super convinced about any kind of slip

Vote: Synsensa

Poor Syn sounds like a caught wolf but I’m down to kill Mary first
If Syn's a caught wolf then why don't you vote for him?
Alright, caught up. Or at least, I think I did. No kills. That is interesting. It indicates either

1. Incredibly lucky guess
2. That mafia somehow behaved in a predictable manner that the doctor could perceive.

I do not particularly buy into the reading of any particular day 1 actions. It was always my opinion, at least from old NotWs, that day 1 was always a less serious part of the game for random guessings. I suppose things may be different now but I don’t particularly buy it.

I don’t particularly believe that synsensa is guilty. She could very well be guilty, but I don’t believe that a mafia member would put herself so quickly by behaving in such a confrontational and public manner.

I could, of course, be wrong, but for now I will vote: Synsena.

Expect me to change my votes to accuse someone once I go through the rest of the posts. I also admit that in my haste to scan through the posts I may have missed someone’s amazing analysis of Syn or whatever.

My gut instinct tells me that I should suspect Takhisis. He has made an awful lot of analysis and lists for day 1 for which I don’t think analysis of such nature are possible yet, and a lot of his comments and statements are either empty or funny jokes. He doesn’t tend to be overly confrontational, and is active in the game. This tends to fit the profile of a mafia member that I am familiar with.
i dont get it

synsensa doesnt have any votes on them

and support voting doesnt actually lynch wolves

we need to vote to lynch people

how exactly do you plan on killing the wolves with support votes
Ah, my mistake then.

Unvote, Vote: Takhisis for now.

My argument was principly that I don’t think Synsensa was guilty. I assumed she had votes on her because of some posts saying she was like a caught Wolf, which I didn’t particularly buy the reasoning for.

OMGUS votes are so stereotypically a ‘guilty’ move that I can’t possibly see any self-respecting wolves to do it.
What a curious interaction between the two of you, given how my vote has been parked on Synsensa since before then. It's almost as if Seon were trying to defend him!

Mary: think of this game as co-operative. If you're mafia, you're teaming with others to attack. If you're town, you're teaming up to defend.

Takhisis labelled my vote of Visorslash as being a bad one.

Here is my reasoning: Visorslash's behaviour has been very conducive towards the mafia. I posit that he is either a part of the mafia or operating in such a way that he is as much of a danger to the town as they are. He is aggressive in his interrogation of certain participants, not accepting their answers unless they dance to the tune he specifically fiddles. He continues this until the person gets annoyed, and then points at them and says, "See, this is very suspicious. They might just be scum."

He also assumes leadership of the town. When someone does something he does not like, he tells them about how "we" will need to punish them for it. He speaks for the rest and demands performance from his targets, and this is then portrayed as a helpful service. Helpful to who?

The bangwagon on me is unlikely to be redirected, but I would stress taking a closer look at Visorslash in the following days. While it's possible he's just a particularly inquisitive townie, his approach to it seems particularly beneficial to the mafia.

Syn is too meandering in his post style for my liking. He's perhaps one of the most active people pn the thread, but has said very little of actual substance during that time. His last post above, defending his vote against Visor, is some of the few information he's actually given about his thought process.

I said in the past it was my strongest read for mafia. I never said it was a strong read, fwiw.

Top Bottom