1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Montmorency, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Yeah, that leaves even less hope than being friend-zoned.

RRRaskolnikov and Synsensa like this.
  2. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Just cause I'm a veteran it don't mean I'm at all helpful. I struggle to think of a game where I was. In any case, they happened years ago.

3. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I would not have put it better. I feel unconfortable after Tak's D2, and I note (yeah I am touchie) that he asked me to repeat my argument on Seon when I am 100% positive he knew it already, since it was him that motivated me summing my thoughts on every player in N1. Then my case was early on D2 so I hardly see it going unnoticed.

To be synthetic (Snerk went all out but it's good stuff), just remember that they don't know your alignment until you are dead or the game is over.

4. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Hey! That's my cookie! (OOC: friendly advice, pay attention to everybody/everything in these games. There are no cards but it's pretty much like poker.)

5. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Pfff you're a-okay - not something I get too bothered about.

I'm here and ready to party y'all :grouphug:

6. Manasi

Manasi Prince

I forgot I said this lol fudge mornings

I solved it but the host wouldn't give me the win unless I found a clue that LITERALLY DIDN'T EXIST (we looked for almost an hour after the game ended and couldn't find it).

Valentina Tereshkova and the rest of the aliens got away with killing Neil Armstrong and the United States got completely knocked out of the Space Race.

That being said, the Soviets made it.

7. Manasi

Manasi Prince

ok rip bye

8. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Interesting. The game began with Seon interacting a lot with Tak... Tak casting a vote (its fourth) on Seon before going after Logic (Yako). Seon doing the same in the beginning of D2 after casting a support vote on "little-bro zoned by Mary" Syn. I am not being conclusive, but in the light of recent events, I am getting very cautious toward our great Tak...

As for the rest, not much to report, the posts I stressed in the beginning of D2, where it was clear BS to me (see what I replyed to Tak yesterday during the EOD).

---

other suspects:
    pzelda: I got a bad impression D2, but arguably his last posts display some solving scheme, and I even share some of his reads. I was expecting him to save Seon, not sure if he was cautious because I voiced it, or if he wasn't around, or if I am off about him.
    Omega, JohannaK: they are with us (but always late to the party), but not sharp enough imo. not sure where it's going.

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Hey Manasi, what do you think about the game, wanna join the party?

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

triple post! updating my sheet, I noted that pzelda unvoted Seon for some minutes yesterday but Tim convinced him to get back on track. :scan:

11. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

There's supposed to be three scum.
    We don't have rôleblockers. See the rules post quoted above.
    What?
    It can always be a fake claim. Such thing as a counterclaim exists and is put to the test immediately.
    I.e. somebody claims to have a scan result on another player. That player is lynched on the spot (unless there is a better candidate e.g. somebody already proven to be guilty, etc.); if the scanner was right then good, if he wasn't then the scanner is lynched. Of course, in more complicated settings there are rôles that can screw with scan results, from being unscannable to always reading as mafia/town or from being revealed upon death to be a different alignment… GMs can get inventive.

Or sometimes scanners leave clues to their findings and when they die and are revealed to behave been scanners people try to put the puzzle together.

Cover for scanners is also used sometimes. I.e. at the beginning of a phase everybody posts a scan result. Then when the true scanner dies that person's results are taken into account, assuming the player isn't a griefer who faked results.
    Not so in Sinosphere terms. :mischief:

12. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Also there's complains about my D2. On D2 there was another game started on another forum, where I was also signed up, and of course I was killed on N1 so that's it. Now I have more time to traipse around this thread.

13. Timsup2nothin

@Takhisis, when I said "revealed by Syn" this is what I was referring to. He revealed that if Manasi is a wolf she is apparently the worst wolf ever, because at the first hint of suspicion (thrown by Seon, no less) she pretty much started howling at the moon. So bad that even Syn noticed.

14. Timsup2nothin

Well, dimmit, ya gotta at least try. If nothing else, review my exchanges with Snerk for me and tell me if I read more like a tunnel visioned lunatic or someone who might be seeing something real.

15. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

You better. The world wonders.

16. Timsup2nothin

I had forgotten about that. I'm leaning more towards Zelda as town for that, since about that same time Snerk jumped ship and dug in his heels.

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

upload_2019-12-8_23-8-4.jpeg

@tak: I would have sweared you were there... just misleading and misvoting (at least without any explanation).

18. Timsup2nothin

I wanna squash this before it gets any traction. "Everyone posts a scan result" creates mass confusion at the time in hopes that when the scanner gets killed the retroactive information makes it worth while...but in the meantime let's hypothesize that someone says "well I scanned Tak and he isn't NK." If (and this is just an if) Tak actually is NK then at that point he knows that that person is definitely not SK. Put enough of those together and the mafia casually eliminates SK.

So, I'm in my second game and I can see that this looks like a bad idea...

Tak? You helping?

19. Timsup2nothin

So, let me get this straight...the Manasi wagon consisted of the Mary vote that I don't think even she would say was backed by expert analysis...and then when Seon the known wolf hopped on there Snerk and Tak followed right along to create the counter wagon that nearly saved Seon. Is that the gist of that chart, @RRRaskolnikov?

20. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Lamo it wasn't because someone sussed me - people have been doing that throughout the game. At that point a wagon had formed smh