1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Montmorency, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Okay I'm tired I re-read all of Snerk's posts and nothing led me to believe he was town I'm tiiiiiiiiiired.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Somebody has to be. I think that @JohannaK hit a nail on the head...there are a lot of players who aren't compulsive participators and/or skilled players. I'm reading a fair number of the usual suspects as "floundering townies." But just mathematically the idea that there is no overlap between 3/13 scum and 5/13 early active players doesn't wash. Somewhere in that group of Razor, Tak, me, Raskol, and Snerk the odds say there is a wolf. We know it isn't Raskol. Razor cast the deciding vote that ended Seon so I can't believe it's him. I personally know it isn't me, and I was the loudest voice on the Seon wagon by far. So, we got Snerk and Tak to choose from, IMO. Heck, I'd buy both.

3. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Yeah I think that Snerk is the mafia in that pairing but that's pretty glaringly obvious to me. We're in the same camp with everything else. Who are you reading within {Johanna/Omega/Mary/Syn} as floundering townies? I have that read on some people but interested to see what you think.

4. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Vote: Snerk

yolo

5. Timsup2nothin

All of them, for varying reasons. Mary, Syn, and I are all regulars from OT, so I "know" them and they are acting exactly the way I would expect them to act in their second game. Omega made a pretty believable "I'm out of sync" lament, and the action all coming in the middle of her night nets the same sort of result as Jo's confessed desire to just follow along with cursory attention and be told how to vote. There may be a wolf there somewhere, of the same sort that Mary was last game...a willing subordinate following an experienced wolf's directions. But finding the ringleader will win the game for the town.

Snerk or Tak?

6. Manasi

Manasi Prince

Wait who do you think are the two remaining mafia? You think it's just Snerk and Takh?

Sorry I might be misreading something.

7. Timsup2nothin

It's either Snerk and Tak, or it is one of them and someone following direction who should be pretty easy to ferret out if we get rid of their leader.

8. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

this obv isnt' finished but its a starting point

jut going through the thread, seeing who pushed and voted who, trying to figure out pairs

gonna narrow this down further to cut out ppl i think are villas

9. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Vote: marykb

That leaves 5 people left, Manasi, mary, Snerk, Omega, Synsensa (im clearing joan, tim, takh and pzelda, deal with it)

So working out who isn't partnered with who here starting with manasi

Manasi: Mary tried to get her killed, She wants to kill Snerk, Synsensa tried to get her killed and she tried to get Syn killed. Out of that group she can only be a wolf with Omega.

Mary mary quite contrary: Tried to kill manasi and Omega iirc. Hasnt said much about snerk iirc which is interesting in italics. She has also defended Syn from what I recall, so she can be partnered with him.

Snerk: tried to kill manasi, so not likely with her. possible with mary, unlikely with omega, maybe with syn.

Omega: Keeps trying to kill Syn, so not w/w with him. Keeps misgendering manasi and gets the setup wrong lol so #badreadstime but maybe just villa/not wolf with manasi. snerk keeps pushin her so maybe unlikely there.

Syn: went for manasi at the end (though potential bus i guess but manasi tried to kill him too), potentially with mary, snerk, unlikely with omega (though bus potential but i mean... why?)

i dont think that chart is accurate anyway:

i don't think manasi is the wolf

so its mary/snerk/omega/syn

i'm ready to drop mary lack a sack of hammers i think, i think her accusations are very similar tonewise to the ones she dropped in the last game, but i guess she seems less crafty this game, so perhaps i'm wrong here, if i am, snerk/syn perhaps for wolves?

10. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

ofc that chart isn't like a lock, its just baseline viewing

but, im down to hit in mary/snerk/syn the most

11. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

As per yesterday, vote: MaryKB, though I'd feel more comfortable voting Snerk.

I am not sure I get how the chart works. What's blue?

12. JohannaK

I mean what is w/w? Wolf/wolf?

13. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

blue are basically not wolf/wolf

eg snerk and manasi are not wolf/wolf (blue)

Vote: Snerk

half the game wants him dead lol

remind me to reread his posts

14. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

w/w is wolf/wolf yes

basically just looking at who has pushed who

(obviously bussing is a thing, etc) but figure it is an ok starting point, may help someone

15. JohannaK

vote: Snerk. I'm gonna feel bad until the ccused post anyhoo.

16. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

That second line for some reason sounds really good. Looks like a possible villagery pov.

I'm not too fond of this as I see it as possible role fishing or an unnecessary mechanics speculation at best. Not the best post I've seen from Mary. Maybe I put her in my villa leans little too fast.

1)Basically my read
    2)This could be w/w, if Neither Johanna not Tak will step up their game.
    Johanna's frustrated rant feels real, but not alignment indicative. I'm awaiting promised solving.

I mostly like this wall from Manasi as she brings up multiple interesting points. I would be interested in an expanded take on Tak's scum meta. There's a game I can't talk about yet, but let's say that I have his meta from it and I'm not sure how much is the volume indicative. But I also feel that he posted more of his opinions here and that he tried to forward the game.
    I enjoy that someone's finally talking about other wagons. Omega's far from clear, but seeing Seon starting a wagon on him him looks good for him He's def less likely to be a wolf than Johanna. Her POE also looks reasonable enough.

Movement in my tiers:
    Mary down to W
    Omega up to W
    Snerk down to W
    Manasi up to VV
    Takhisis stays in VV, but his position there's flimsier than ever
    Syn, I need to think more about.

17. pzelda

pzelda Warlord

Potato solving: Joan not with Mary and Snerk :deadhorse:

18. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

I'm sorry @pzelda, it's my first game playing with power roles, and I feel stupid for having such a thought. After reading what you said and looking back at what I wrote, I see exactly what you mean (learning!)

I'm feeling more suspicious today of Takhisis and JohannaK. But I respect Tim's views on Snerk, but something about Johanna's quick pile on just seems very overly eager to me (does he know too much?) Snerk sadly does seem rather evil this game for some reason, but if we lynch him and he ends up as innocent, I'm going to be rather convinced Johanna's going to be maniacally laughing behinds our backs.

Takhisis on the other hand is just keeping too quiet for my tastes, and he seems like he's watching and waiting for his moment to strike. I feel a vibe that I don't like.

I may change my vote later, I'm sure it'll be a long two days, but right now I'm going to vote: Takhisis (but I've got a strong leaning to Snerk too, I'm so sorry dear :()

Only I may taste @Snerk.

19. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Vote: mary

Yeah I ain't buying it anymore

20. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Visor being unconvinced? Say it ain't so.