Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Okay I'm tired I re-read all of Snerk's posts and nothing led me to believe he was town I'm tiiiiiiiiiired.

God I also don't think Takh is scum either and it's REALLY MESSING WITH MY AUTO CIRCLE THAT Y'ALL THINK HE IS OK

Somebody has to be. I think that @JohannaK hit a nail on the head...there are a lot of players who aren't compulsive participators and/or skilled players. I'm reading a fair number of the usual suspects as "floundering townies." But just mathematically the idea that there is no overlap between 3/13 scum and 5/13 early active players doesn't wash. Somewhere in that group of Razor, Tak, me, Raskol, and Snerk the odds say there is a wolf. We know it isn't Raskol. Razor cast the deciding vote that ended Seon so I can't believe it's him. I personally know it isn't me, and I was the loudest voice on the Seon wagon by far. So, we got Snerk and Tak to choose from, IMO. Heck, I'd buy both.

Somebody has to be. I think that @JohannaK hit a nail on the head...there are a lot of players who aren't compulsive participators and/or skilled players. I'm reading a fair number of the usual suspects as "floundering townies." But just mathematically the idea that there is no overlap between 3/13 scum and 5/13 early active players doesn't wash. Somewhere in that group of Razor, Tak, me, Raskol, and Snerk the odds say there is a wolf. We know it isn't Raskol. Razor cast the deciding vote that ended Seon so I can't believe it's him. I personally know it isn't me, and I was the loudest voice on the Seon wagon by far. So, we got Snerk and Tak to choose from, IMO. Heck, I'd buy both.
Yeah I think that Snerk is the mafia in that pairing but that's pretty glaringly obvious to me. We're in the same camp with everything else. Who are you reading within {Johanna/Omega/Mary/Syn} as floundering townies? I have that read on some people but interested to see what you think.

Yeah I think that Snerk is the mafia in that pairing but that's pretty glaringly obvious to me. We're in the same camp with everything else. Who are you reading within {Johanna/Omega/Mary/Syn} as floundering townies? I have that read on some people but interested to see what you think.

All of them, for varying reasons. Mary, Syn, and I are all regulars from OT, so I "know" them and they are acting exactly the way I would expect them to act in their second game. Omega made a pretty believable "I'm out of sync" lament, and the action all coming in the middle of her night nets the same sort of result as Jo's confessed desire to just follow along with cursory attention and be told how to vote. There may be a wolf there somewhere, of the same sort that Mary was last game...a willing subordinate following an experienced wolf's directions. But finding the ringleader will win the game for the town.

Snerk or Tak?

Wait who do you think are the two remaining mafia? You think it's just Snerk and Takh?

Sorry I might be misreading something.

Wait who do you think are the two remaining mafia? You think it's just Snerk and Takh?

Sorry I might be misreading something.

It's either Snerk and Tak, or it is one of them and someone following direction who should be pretty easy to ferret out if we get rid of their leader.

this obv isnt' finished but its a starting point

jut going through the thread, seeing who pushed and voted who, trying to figure out pairs

gonna narrow this down further to cut out ppl i think are villas

Vote: marykb

That leaves 5 people left, Manasi, mary, Snerk, Omega, Synsensa (im clearing joan, tim, takh and pzelda, deal with it)

So working out who isn't partnered with who here starting with manasi

Manasi: Mary tried to get her killed, She wants to kill Snerk, Synsensa tried to get her killed and she tried to get Syn killed. Out of that group she can only be a wolf with Omega.

Mary mary quite contrary: Tried to kill manasi and Omega iirc. Hasnt said much about snerk iirc which is interesting in italics. She has also defended Syn from what I recall, so she can be partnered with him.

Snerk: tried to kill manasi, so not likely with her. possible with mary, unlikely with omega, maybe with syn.

Omega: Keeps trying to kill Syn, so not w/w with him. Keeps misgendering manasi and gets the setup wrong lol so #badreadstime but maybe just villa/not wolf with manasi. snerk keeps pushin her so maybe unlikely there.

Syn: went for manasi at the end (though potential bus i guess but manasi tried to kill him too), potentially with mary, snerk, unlikely with omega (though bus potential but i mean... why?)

i dont think that chart is accurate anyway:

i don't think manasi is the wolf

so its mary/snerk/omega/syn

i'm ready to drop mary lack a sack of hammers i think, i think her accusations are very similar tonewise to the ones she dropped in the last game, but i guess she seems less crafty this game, so perhaps i'm wrong here, if i am, snerk/syn perhaps for wolves?

As per yesterday, vote: MaryKB, though I'd feel more comfortable voting Snerk.

I am not sure I get how the chart works. What's blue?

I mean what is w/w? Wolf/wolf?

blue are basically not wolf/wolf

eg snerk and manasi are not wolf/wolf (blue)

Vote: Snerk

half the game wants him dead lol

remind me to reread his posts

w/w is wolf/wolf yes

basically just looking at who has pushed who

(obviously bussing is a thing, etc) but figure it is an ok starting point, may help someone

vote: Snerk. I'm gonna feel bad until the ccused post anyhoo.

It was the Skyrim quote that saved me. :smug:

Actually, it was probably Manasi's meltdown. It completely blew the vote gates open.

That second line for some reason sounds really good. Looks like a possible villagery pov.

Something that popped into my mind, is since USA (whoever s/he is) saved someone on N1, s/he can be pretty much 100% certain that person is NATO, right? (why would Warsaw try to kill one of their own???) If only we had some way of knowing who was targeted, we could eliminate one vote candidate, right? But I guess that's not really possible, lol!

I'm not too fond of this as I see it as possible role fishing or an unnecessary mechanics speculation at best. Not the best post I've seen from Mary. Maybe I put her in my villa leans little too fast.

I am not swayed on Tak yet. His D2 was less than stellar but I hold his D1 good for a while longer.
1)Basically my read
2)This could be w/w, if Neither Johanna not Tak will step up their game.
Johanna's frustrated rant feels real, but not alignment indicative. I'm awaiting promised solving.

I'm in a place where I think the Seon wagon was actually 100% pure. EOD seemed like too much of a cluster**** for bussers to go all over the place and try to find cred.

That would put Rask (buried Seon), Visor (pretty obviously towny unless you think he's just helping everyone for ****s), and Zelda (doesn't seem to be posting similarly to any wolf game of his I've seen) as my strongest town reads.

Moving forward, I want to put Tim and Takh in the next tier - Tim moreso for volume and analysis (disclaimer: that I haven't read - I also recognize he's on the Seon wagon but wasn't comfortable throwing him up there with that first group) and Takh absolutely for volume. I've wolfed with that guy before and this ain't it.

One thing I do want to say that I'm not... 100% confident in is that I think Logic's wagon is (surprisingly) pure. This also kinda leads me to think that Johanna has a way higher likelihood to be scum.

And it also leads me to believe that Omega's wagon (Seon, Snerk, Mary, Syn, Yako) has a LOT of scum on it. They're also pushed into the villa pile for me.

That leaves the remaining two in {Johanna/Mary/Syn/Snerk} and I'm not... 100% sure about this but if I had to pick two from there to be the alive scum it'd be {Johanna/Snerk}.

I remember wanting to kill Syn independently from Visor wanting to at the start of Day 2 but I need to reread and figure out why. Either way, we're in a pretty good spot it seems.

I mostly like this wall from Manasi as she brings up multiple interesting points. I would be interested in an expanded take on Tak's scum meta. There's a game I can't talk about yet, but let's say that I have his meta from it and I'm not sure how much is the volume indicative. But I also feel that he posted more of his opinions here and that he tried to forward the game.
I enjoy that someone's finally talking about other wagons. Omega's far from clear, but seeing Seon starting a wagon on him him looks good for him He's def less likely to be a wolf than Johanna. Her POE also looks reasonable enough.

Movement in my tiers:
Mary down to W
Omega up to W
Snerk down to W
Manasi up to VV
Takhisis stays in VV, but his position there's flimsier than ever
Syn, I need to think more about.

I'm sorry @pzelda, it's my first game playing with power roles, and I feel stupid for having such a thought. After reading what you said and looking back at what I wrote, I see exactly what you mean (learning!)

I'm feeling more suspicious today of Takhisis and JohannaK. But I respect Tim's views on Snerk, but something about Johanna's quick pile on just seems very overly eager to me (does he know too much?) Snerk sadly does seem rather evil this game for some reason, but if we lynch him and he ends up as innocent, I'm going to be rather convinced Johanna's going to be maniacally laughing behinds our backs.

Takhisis on the other hand is just keeping too quiet for my tastes, and he seems like he's watching and waiting for his moment to strike. I feel a vibe that I don't like.

I may change my vote later, I'm sure it'll be a long two days, but right now I'm going to vote: Takhisis (but I've got a strong leaning to Snerk too, I'm so sorry dear :()

He also tastes good, you know.
Only I may taste @Snerk.

Top Bottom