Final Mafia 2019 (Cold War Mafia)

Well it's possible if we somehow get into 20-30-40 player games like in the old times.

Thirty seconds in I'm pretty sure that was a Yankee class boat.

For the sake of flavor, here is a translation of the first Soviet victory song. (I'm shaky on some of the vulgarity, so don't hold me to accuracy. When I pair the song with a clean version that distinction is meaningful. It's arguably more egregious than the Team America song.)

Spoiler :
The Chinese know, the Jews know,
the Red Army is stronger than everyone.
Berlin remembers how it got a Red Star ass-whooping in '45.

Boots and caps advance ferociously,
submarines sail under the ice.
The **** there ain't enough guns and gas,
we'll clean the enemy's clock with a shovel.

Planes are howling, tanks are fuming.
(Something about combat?)
From the northern mountains to the southern seas,
We'll catch up to the enemy and **** them up.

The Red Army is stronger than everyone.

To keep our fag enemies afraid,
our ace pilots are flying above.
America ain't ****, NATO ain't ****,
they'll get a friendly whooping from the engineers.

But should our enemy break through to us,
Russian spetznaz will take up the matter.
Say goodbye to your helicopters and tanks,
The only thing left will be cowboy socks.

We'll catch up to the enemy and **** them up.

The Red Army is stronger than everyone.

Our missiles can reach any hotspot on the planet within 30 seconds.
****, we'll show anybody Kuzka's mother. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuzma's_mother
Glory to Russia, our motherland.

:scan: I guess this caused my early death...

I want to say I had a blast during this game, even reading through it after I was killed. Not being able to do anything was really frustrating (I couldn't even liked the "I won't be available for this game" CrimsonFox posts around page 50 :lol:)

Maybe you could argue if it's a post by a non-player, the Like rule doesn't apply. :p

Well it's possible if we somehow get into 20-30-40 player games like in the old times.

Mafia Universe would be the perfect venue for a classic huge game, if we could cut the posting rate in half or more - if only for that game.

I believe >4000 would be an all time high for these waters!

LotR was just shy of 4,000, so yes it would be. We've only even managed 2000 posts 4 times (in that, Aspiring Rappers, KoToR Mafia, and the first None Shall Pass).

Mafia Universe would be the perfect venue for a classic huge game, if we could cut the posting rate in half or more - if only for that game.

Yeah, there's some MU games that would reach this game's 1500 posts in a single day phase, and ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I have an idea for a Star Trek mafia set up that I'll host eventually, but I need a few more games under my belt first.

I have an idea for a Star Trek mafia set up that I'll host eventually, but I need a few more games under my belt first.
I am interested.
I will post the thread for my game soon, but I gotta finish up my last paper. Sign ups can start on Monday at the latest.

Right after New Years' might be a good time for the next game (though I'd prefer more games on the Org).

Yeah, there's some MU games that would reach this game's 1500 posts in a single day phase, and ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I don't think I've played a single MU game with fewer than 1000 posts on D1, with some up to 2000.

GH just hosted a game with as many players as this one (actually, one more), and it racked up 5000 posts in 5 rounds. And the days were 36 hours, night 12. And there was no night-chat. So 5000 posts in 7.5 IRL days vs. <1400 posts in 9 IRL days. About the same size game. The top poster racked up 1100 posts. I don't know how to ISO in Xenforo so I can't readily say who posted most here.

The top poster racked up 1100 posts. I don't know how to ISO in Xenforo so I can't readily say who posted most here.

You can search an individual player's posts by using the search box at the top of the thread and selecting "this thread only," but to the best of my knowledge there's no way in Xenforo to list out the number of posts every player has made.

BTW, I forgot to mention it, but I think you (pzelda) played very well, being read as town until the very end...

And I loved your claiming as WG! Fighting till the very end! yeah!

Hey, sorry have been busy.
I'm Germany.

Vote: Takhisis

I will be online tomorrow, if you need be.

What a pathetic attempt. Concede, this is embarrassing for both of us.

:goodjob:

Last edited:
MU is great in on paper but when people who are really into mafia games get together to play mafia the result can be a little cancerous for us mere mortals.

So, you are saying it is even more demanding than this game was? I might be best served not to explore that.

I mostly kept up with this thread but somehow managed to miss all of page 65 where I was cleared and Mary was outed. Genuinely thought it was game over for me when Mary got lynched on 66. :lol:

There's quite a bit of overlap between our CFC mafia community, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php/156-Gameroom (the org) and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?50-Structured-Games (gitp), because we have similar approaches to content volume and general atmosphere in games. There are tons and tons of mafia communities out there but in general the forum scene is getting smaller and so thus the forum mafia/werewolf scene is getting smaller too. A lot of places are dying.

There's quite a bit of overlap between our CFC mafia community, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php/156-Gameroom (the org) and http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?50-Structured-Games (gitp), because we have similar approaches to content volume and general atmosphere in games. There are tons and tons of mafia communities out there but in general the forum scene is getting smaller and so thus the forum mafia/werewolf scene is getting smaller too. A lot of places are dying.
To be honest our community died but then revived.

Working on getting things ready for the thread.

To be honest our community died but then revived.

Working on getting things ready for the thread.

We just needed a transfusion of blabbermouths from OT. I have a few people I plan on talking into the next game.

We just needed a transfusion of blabbermouths from OT. I have a few people I plan on talking into the next game.
I've got some pages left to write for my paper as well, but the thread shall be ready by tomorrow night I hope.

I've avoided Mafia all these years, even after playing ToS a couple times. Not sure why. I just could never get over the hurdle of getting started. Then Takh suddenly did a recruitment drive and I spontaneously caved. I think you and Mary joining helped.

Maybe I can get someone involved too...

Top Bottom