1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final poll: is this the end?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Ankka, Jan 13, 2005.

?

Shall we quit?

1. Quit

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Continue

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Abstain

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I got this message from conmcb:

Poly and CGN are resigning (actually CGN already resigned). No idea for us to continue. Final poll. vote now, and vote fast.

2. MOTH

MOTH Chieftain

I've abstained as I haven't really had anything invested in this game.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

The link appears to be to a CGN private forum, which if conmcb25 is an Apolytonian should not be visible. :eek:

Guess I could be wrong about where the link goes, but it's definitely not working for me as a guest on that forum...

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

The forum is the CFC-APO-CGN Alliance (or what it was) forum... a place all 3 teams can access. I see it too, so do Yndy and some others... but it will only be available 10 days now, and then miccofl will archive it. CGN has resigned.

5. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Well, t'was fun while it lasted... :(

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Can we get a final map and scoring of the game? Maybe a historical Summary?

7. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I really don't like ending this. We have done way to much just to give up. I think that we should fight it to the end, that is how it should end. But of course, no won would do that with me so, this may be it. :(

After all we did...

8. Cyc

Come to the Demogame 6 forums, Emp. Napoleon. DG5 is just wrapping up. No need to feel exiled.

9. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

I see the vote is already going towards quitting, I will vote to quit not because I want this to end but because we can’t go on like that. We had 790AD in late September, 800 AD in late November, 810 AD in early December, 820 AD in 8 December with me messing up and deciding to go on and explain rather than ask the 810 turn to be replayed. 830 AD was mid December but then we had to wait for 3 weeks for turn 840 AD and 850 AD was stopped early this week. We cannot go on like this.

My only point now is to step down with our heads up and in our message to resign to mention:
    - Our decision to end this game (without explicit reason)
    - Congratulations for GWT, the moral winners of this game.
    - Thank our biggest ally Apolyton
    - Mention that we would not like to take part in such a game with some of the players that have caused several interruptions in this one.

10. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

Suggestion of text. english is approximate. Pls feel free to suggest changes.

11. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

It was a good game when it lasted. I think GWT got the upper hand by having neighbors with poor starting positions or lack of experience (Firaxis -- they were out early), and in the meanwhile, a fierce continental war was waged on our continent. The actual game, had it continued, probably would have been close to a stalemate anyway, atleast until nukes started flying, which would've been fun.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Perhaps the two people could continue to play on their own? I know it won't be a "democracy" game then, but they're satisfied and if you want out, you're out.

13. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Interesting that you signed it with my name, Yndy... :p

But I'll ratify that, sounds good. Now all we need is to post it at about the same time as CGN and Poly do at the UN..

And with the move rate of the game, it'd take like 5 years to get to the industrial age... and some 10 more to the MA and nukes, CT... :p

14. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Demogame VI, ha! I don't like those backwards demogames. We always win, no matter what. There is not foreign relations, no other teams. Too easy. There is no danger :p But thanks for asking, but I will stay in the C3C ISDG.

Well, it looks like this is the end. I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to start my ISDG experiance here, it was great. Too bad I came near the end :(. I would like to play it alone with Regentman, but I don't think the rest of you all will like that.

I ask that this forum is archived, a lot of this we can use in the C3C one.

Can we have some kind of announcment on the front page of CFC. Something thanking everyone, some credits, and so on?

Thanks everyone :)

15. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Well, at least Gamecheat... ..er... ...Gamecatchers are not going to get the victory :D.

16. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

EMP : We call it the MSDG here. We aren't backwards!

17. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

How about thanking Poly, GWT, and CGN for their honorable play? Maybe even the departed teams who acted honorably... No daggers, just a simple lack of recognition for the dishonorable...

18. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Any thoughts regarding the four who want to continue? Will all of you nay-sayers allow it?

19. Cyc

Go for it RegentMan. Too bad this isn't a public poll so we could sse who joined you.

20. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    I wont mind thanking Poly, GWT, and CGN for there honorable plays :). But the GCAs would recive nothing but a dishonor. Maybe it would teach them a lesson or two to play nicely with others.

Im getting the feeling that GC is CFC's Illeginamate child. (Im not to familiar with which branched off of what with all of the other posters here with there smaller forums hosted for free)