Final Round - Beyond Earth Icon Competition

Vote for the icon you think is best (beware of vote splitting - see OP)!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator
Welcome to the final round of voting for the Beyond Earth Icon Competition! The top two icons from the five separate first round polls now face off, the winner to be adopted as our official Beyond Earth icon. These were the first round polls:

Please note: given they are very similar, and by the same designer, the votes from options 3 & 4 will be combined under the more popular of the two.

The final round of voting will be open for four days. In the case of a tie, a run-off vote will be held.

The designers fighting it out for the prize:
Icon #1 - Nutty
Icon #2 - Seek
Icon #3 - jaldaen
Icon #4 - jaldaen
Icon #5 - Wodan
Icon #6 - Gerg Digitalis
Icon #7 - Obbu
Icon #8 - Cyon
Icon #9 - DarkestOnion
Icon #10 - m15a

It seems a bit inconvenient that three very similiar styled icons (1/3/4) have to compete with each other and against the rest. Doesn't that cause quite a lot of vote splitting? :(
Personally I could go with either of those three, so I guess I'll have to withhold my vote to see which gets the ahead and support that one...

Anyway: Kodus to all creators! A really nice compilation! :goodjob:

Given the two icons are by the same designer, and are virtually identical, the votes on option 3 & option 4 will be combined for the purpose of determining the winner. The more popular of the two will get the votes of the other (and so they will both remain in the poll).

Also, it should be noted that #4 is based off of Nutty's design and #3 is based off of cooldude1128's design. If either of those win, then I would request that Nutty or cooldude1128 get the swag, not me. I just liked the idea of creating a "C" out of the window. ;)

Turning the window into to a 'C' is genius. That should be included in the final icon. And that idea really deserves the prize.

However, the font for the 'BE' is not good. Seek's #2 looks much better, but the color is wrong.

Summary:
the 'C' from #3
the BE font from #2
the BE color from #1 or #4

Also, it should be noted that #4 is based off of Nutty's design and #3 is based off of cooldude1128's design. If either of those win, then I would request that Nutty or cooldude1128 get the swag, not me. I just liked the idea of creating a "C" out of the window. ;)

Awww, thanks!

To clarify - the 3rd and 4th are combining their vote, because they are essentially identical. They are competing against the 1st icon.

Well, getting into the finals is nice anyway! :lol: (Aww, my other icon missed 2nd place by just one vote. :( . . . :trophy3rd:)

Why do some of them appear to be shorter (vertically) than the others? Was there a miscommunication on the size requirements or is it an optical illusion? I would like some of them more if they were taller and thus a little easier to read. :(

It's an optical illusion. All of them are the same size, but some choose smaller fonts than others and that makes them seem smaller.

All are very nice, but #1 is just clear to read, simple, and elegant -- just what's needed for icons of this size. Well done, Nutty. :goodjob:

This poll seems to be a referendum on whether it's "cute" or "dumb" to remove 2 windows to create a "C". So far it's tied :p

Thanks, Barathor...

Also, it should be noted that #4 is based off of Nutty's design and #3 is based off of cooldude1128's design.
...and we both just ripped off Masnie's idea and re-executed it.

If either of those win, then I would request that Nutty or cooldude1128 get the swag, not me. I just liked the idea of creating a "C" out of the window. ;)
But it was an interesting idea. If #4 wins [though it's trailing now...], how about we figure out a way to split up the goodies instead?

Thanks, Barathor...

...and we both just ripped off Masnie's idea and re-executed it.

But it was an interesting idea. If #4 wins [though it's trailing now...], how about we figure out a way to split up the goodies instead?

'Kay. Anybody know the list of goodies? I likey those mousepads.

Top Bottom