1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

finding game files on my hp laptop

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by donwilsonmt, Aug 2, 2017.

1. donwilsonmt

donwilsonmt Chieftain

is there a easy way to find it the browse button does not do it

2. Hobi

Hobi Chieftain

Correct folder is usually Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI or SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI if you are using Steam.

3. Heretic72

Heretic72 Chieftain

Mmm...A silly question: How do I play the GotM? I tried inserting the file into various places in the Steam folder....but first just tried to open the file with Civ 6. It said catastrophic failure. My game version however may not be "vanilla". I have the one that came WITH teh Aztec Civ. It says it is 1.0.0.167 but has some numbers behind it in parentheses.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Single player save files (like GOTM save files) should not be placed with the game files themselves. Instead, they go in a folder that should be located somewhere like: [path]\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

5. Heretic72

Heretic72 Chieftain

Thank you!