Finding someone to make MODS

eurirusty

Chieftain
I am a 68 yr old Civilization 5 & 6 player. I first started out playing Perfect General in the early 90's. But with 5 and have played that for far too long to be as bad as I am. I have revisited Civilization 6 (initially I had problems with switching from 5 to 6. The entire playing field was different, the Civilization Figures were too comical. But as I continued to play, I got more accustomed to the differences. I play Civilization 5 & 6 using the Domination and nothing else. I would like to find someone who can create WWII Civ's, for the countries involved in the conflict. I recently saw that a developer removed a Civ for Civilization 6. The Civ was Nazi Germany. I completely agree with his decision (he lives in Christchurch.) to do this. I am mainly interested in the Generals and not the politicians. With regards to Germany, my choice would be Field Marshall ErvIn Rommel (given the fact he was a part of the conspiracy to remove (with with extreme prejudice) Hitler from power. The Other civ's will all be generals from that conflict. Japan (Yamamoto, Great Britain Field Marshall Mongomery, , USA General Omar N Bradley (I have a connection to him, Russia Field Marshall Georgy Zhukov, , Itlay Field Marshall Enrico Cavglia, France General DeGaulle & Australia King George VI, appointed Field Marshall of the Australian Army 2 June 2038. Any interest in this project, please reply. Thank You.

A bit tangential to your request, but I would recommend you check out the Relive World Wars mod by Allein. Unfortunately, it does seem to contain more of the political heads, than the Generals as you were asking, and I'm not sure if Allein is even a Civilization/Leader modder themself, but you may also want to see if there could be any movement for your request. Plus, I am getting the feeling, it may be more of your playstyle for Civilization VI in general.

As the developer who removed Nazi Germany, we should talk. I would feel better if it sat inside something like what you are talking of.

As the developer who removed Nazi Germany, we should talk. I would feel better if it sat inside something like what you are talking of.
I recently read your reply to my post regarding historically accurate civilizations that participated in WWI & WWII. I apologize for not replying sooner, as I had no indication that you had responded to my original post.
With regards to the terrain of Civ 6 that made it way to bright, I was delighted that 2K re-programmed that terrain to make look and feel more like Civ 5. Secondly, as I mentioned in my original post, Civilizations for those conflicts (specifically WWII), should NOT be the leaders, but the Generals who fought the war. Specifically changing the German civilization leader from AH, to Rommel. Additionally, the other generals that I listed in my original post. What I would ultimately like to see, is a transition of leaders (from WWI to WWI and KOREA). I am not that informed about the WWI generals, but one would be Gen Pershing, Gen Ludendorff, etc. Then when hostilities commenced in 1939, make the transition to the Generals of all participating armies. And the civilization colors need to be made. The colors should reflect a wartime color scheme and not a national one. For example, I would change the American fro Blue and White to Olive Green (primary) and Gold (secondary), Britian with a different shade of olive green and white, German with Black ans Primary and Grey as secondary..etc and so on. I used to program when I was working on an old System/34 (1980), to using dBaseIII for database programs (I replaced dBaseIII with Clipper '87). But i have never programmed in any other language. In Civ 5, I was able to change the colors and Generals with little difficulty. However, Civ 6 has an entirely different structure, and as such, I have not been as successful with modifying Civ 6 code. Also, as I previously mentioned in my original post I am nearing 70 and really have not energy to code from scratch. Lastly, I want to commend your decision to remove your German civilization mod from the your MOD library. It is awful that in this day and age, there still are people who embrace that hatred. It is especially evident here in the states. It is a cancer that needs to removed. We (the USA) have always had racism, but was exhibited more in private that public. With the advent of DT elected President, all these groups have come out of the shadows, emboldened by USA's current political climate. I hope to here from you. (by the way, Gen. Bradley is my Godfather.)

Top Bottom