Finger of God event

"A massive earthquake of divine proportions happens. Your entire civilization has been wiped out by it. You lose..."
Hmm, I wonder if that could be a rare event. Or maybe Godzilla attacks or a huge meteor slams into the Earth, killing almost everyone unless a World Project of a Anti Meteor Missile is built

Better yet it knocks everyone back to the stone age. Each player is left with 2 or 3 cities of pop 3 max, lose all techs except for stone age and the year is now 3000 bc again. All destroyed cities become tribal villages. etc.

I think this one would work great with no options, and the effects of the first two both happening or having a chance to happen. Alien ship crash lands on some random tile, and any improvement or forest on it is destroyed. Your only option is some chance, say 33% just for giggles, of gaining a free tech. Alternately, you could have the option of putting the newfound knowledge to peaceful (free tech) or military use, which would give all your air units Range I free, or gunpowder units (or some subset thereof) free Drill I.

On the ninjas, I don't think being unable to do anything for a few turns adds fun to the game.

These events aren't about being fun. Did you think the random "SuperMassive" Earthquake event that destroys your civilization would be fun? They're about being ridiculously crazy. :lol: :)

These events aren't about being fun. Did you think the random "SuperMassive" Earthquake event that destroys your civilization would be fun? They're about being ridiculously crazy. :lol: :)

Exactly, like an NFL team winning 18 games in a row, completely crazy (and yes Gin with bitterness pls) :mischief:

:banana: + :scan: = Bananas enslaving our own soldiers for use against us!

:banana: :sniper: :run: :cry: :assimilate:

Nuclear meltdowns lead to giant spiders, ants, snakes, and 50 foot tall women. :D
What's wrong with that?;)

Welfare: You stupidly create a welfare system. 2 Population in all cities stop working and maintenance in cities increases 50%

Nerds Rule!: Your people decide that technology jobs are the best. -25% Production and +10% to Technology in all cities on this continent.

Blame Game: Another Civ has blamed some crisis on you!
Options
-Bribe Civ: Lose 15% of Treasury
-Retaliate with dimplomacy: -7 with civ and -1 with all other civs
-Retaliate with War: War Declaration with Civ

WORLD WAR * HAS ERUPTED!!!!!!! :mad:

World War 1

Requires- *At least 6 countries have strained diplomatic relationships with each other.

*At least machine guns units researched.

* Other Stuff

Enables construction of an improvement called "Trench". Destroys EVERYTHING else on that tile except permanent resources, but they cannot be used. +50 Defense. If connected with other trenches built in tiles next to it, acts like a road system and gives movement benefits.

World War 2

Requires- *At least World War 1 has occurred.

*At least Marines researched.

*Other Stuff

If you join the war it boosts your economy 25% and Production 25% for the duration of the war. (As Long as you are at war with at least 3 Nations)

Of COURSE that would be fun. Catastrophes and disasters are loads of fun.

Well yes I would find them fun, but in terms of trying to play a real game it would piss many people right off because they have no sense of humor. :)

You shouldn't lose ALL techs due to being sent back 3000 years by a disaster. You might find an old, fuelled up tank in the wreckage, or better yet, you open up a cave and see a bunch of old Harrier jets ready to go and you can easily get cavemen to fly them (even though the fuel for the jets does not last 1000 years!)

Well yes I would find them fun, but in terms of trying to play a real game it would piss many people right off because they have no sense of humor. :)

That type of person seemed disproportionately likely to settle his capital next to a volcano in C3C, too.

You shouldn't lose ALL techs due to being sent back 3000 years by a disaster. You might find an old, fuelled up tank in the wreckage, or better yet, you open up a cave and see a bunch of old Harrier jets ready to go and you can easily get cavemen to fly them (even though the fuel for the jets does not last 1000 years!)

See Movie: The Postman, and/or
See Movie: Idiocracy lol

I remember reading on the Wikipedia about plot holes and they said about one movie how some harriers got Cavemen flying them and they were like thousands of years in the future and jet fuel does not last that long in a plane

Exactly, like an NFL team winning 18 games in a row, completely crazy (and yes Gin with bitterness pls) :mischief:

Get ready for the Giants... Just want you to prepare yourself, you know, out of goodwill :p

A wormhole opens and let you travel to Alpha Centauri without building a spaceship.

Or maybe this event needs the Stargate Wonder?

You know, the "Stargate" thing has really taken off. I remember Richard Dean Anderson from the MacGyver days, and he's double-entertaining with some rank in these shows. Almost like a "wink to the audience," sometimes.
Good times... :p

Environmentalists Sabotage the chopping of a tree or destroy industrial building.

A Miracle has occured on 34th street! You gain 500 Gold!

You know, the "Stargate" thing has really taken off. I remember Richard Dean Anderson from the MacGyver days, and he's double-entertaining with some rank in these shows. Almost like a "wink to the audience," sometimes.
Good times... :p

That would be a nice event: Just when you're about to lose a war, a MacGyver unit appears. No weapons, no armory, only some pieces of string and a rubber band and whatever's at hand. And hey, the war is won!

Screw that, in my Civilization Religions will be taxed heavily as they'll fall under the entertainment sector just like other fantasies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!

BAH HUMBUG! My religions imaginary friend can beat your religions imaginary friend any day.:p

Alien worker units land and turn your cities into pastures. Loss one population point per turn until...

BAH HUMBUG! My religions imaginary friend can beat your religions imaginary friend any day.:p

Alien worker units land and turn your cities into pastures. Loss one population point per turn until...

(Snores lightly...)

Top Bottom