Finland

Reno said:
But that was after we had beaten Russia at Tali-Ihantala, wich btw costed the Russians plenty of troops.

Stalin even toasted the Finnish soldiers bravery after the war.;)

Anyway, this is getting too Off Topic now.

OK, let's call it a day then. Just know that I don't agree. Hah! :D

Willowmound said:
Sweden and Denmark combined but no Norway would just be bizarre. Add Norway and you have Scandinavia, which is what should be in in the first place. And let's face it. People like Vikings. Everyone's heard of Vikings. Who besides yourself and the Scandinavians who paid attention in school have ever heard of the Kalmar Union? Sweden pulled out of that one after a few decades anyway, leaving Norway to rot in the greedy grip of Danish kings. Might as well just have Denmark.

Put in Scandinavia and you make everybody happy!
Well, you couldm actually distinguish between Norse Vikings and Danish Vikings- there are a few diffrerences, but it would really just complicate things. It would work in a medieval europe scenario/mod, though.

Well, you couldm actually distinguish between Norse Vikings and Danish Vikings- there are a few diffrerences, but it would really just complicate things. It would work in a medieval europe scenario/mod, though.
Plus there was fighting going on between swedish, danish and norwegian (not norse) vikings.

Having Denmark or/and Sweden in the game as seperate civs with the viking-era included wouldn't be bizarre, just not high enough on what civs to include.

Traitorfish said:

That's my point.

Sweden was the military power in the 16th century/17th, they should be in an expansion.

BTW, out of the Baltics, I choose Lituania. Important during the middle ages.

Ghafhi said:
Finland sucks
Dear god! This is..I..I am at lost for words! THAT WAS SO DETAILED! SWEET BABY JESUS! DEBATES!? WHAT DEBATES!? LOGIC? NAH! My friends! "Ghafhi" has ended this arguement! Great work Ghafhi! :rolleyes:

Congratulations! This marks the 10,000th complaint about the inclusion/exclusion of a particular country! When you're only allowed to pick 18 from a pool of several thousand, some are bound to be left out, no?

Pyotr Veliky said:
I wasn't talking about Finland defending itself... :rolleyes: I was talking about Finland joining up with the Nazis in attacking the Soviet Union and in the process aiding in the starvation of a city of 3 million souls. By joining up, you guys had to fight for survival in 1944 all over again. Nothing changed by joining, only countless people died necessarily.

Brother russian, would you please explain how we did starvate this city of a 3 million souls? I'm just curious.

Ok, we were neutral as for foreing ministry even that we gave space from Lapland to Hitler's forces.

And russians took an excuse to assault on our land at 22.06 at 1940 when Hitler declared war on Russia. If Russian wouldn't had attacked on us again at '40 those "countless people" you mention about wouldn't even died.

If you're talking about Stalingrad we have so little to do with it. Few of our men was in SS-Division Wiking but that's about it.

777, I think he's talking about Leningrad...
War is hell, people die. And in 1941 it definately looked like the Soviets were going to lose. If the German convoy line could've stretched a bit more, they would've taken the 3 big cities (Moscow, Lenin- & Stalingrad). So if you're going to have to fight against them, why not make allies of the ones doing the same thing? I bet you've done it in civ many times ;)

Ontopic: No Finalnd should not be in civ. There are many MANY more important ones to include. We're just a small quite insignificant country with a HUGE national pride & ego :p

Finns should be in they are one of the three non indo-europeans civs in europe, the Hunargians, Basques and Finns are ancient cultures and peoples! The Finnish women are hot!

Tih is one random thing, but shouldnt Finland have Karelia too?

No, Karelians and Ingrians (Finnish relative peoples) should have Karelia.

FMYI, 777 are u Finnish or Russian?

His location reads Fin, and if you read his posts you should get that he is a Finn. ;)

Ontopic: No Finalnd should not be in civ. There are many MANY more important ones to include. We're just a small quite insignificant country with a HUGE national pride & ego

My own thoughs exactly.

Finns should be in they are one of the three non indo-europeans civs in europe, the Hunargians, Basques and Finns are ancient cultures and peoples!

Finns have had only a slight impact on world history in general, and besides, Estonians and the other Finno/Ugric and Samojed peoples in Europe count as not Indo-European. ;)

Top Bottom