1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Firaxis/2K hosting press preview on July 28!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Seek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

FilthyRobot, a prominent MP player, has announced he will be going to New York on Thursday to play Civ 6 (single-player) for up to four hours with a limit of 150 turns. He said he will be able to record the session and release it "about a week" after the event, so August 4th. He hasn't seen/signed the NDA yet so he's not sure about when the content can be released. I imagine Quill and Marbs will be invited again as well.

Very much looking forward to some real gameplay!

2. MIS

MIS Prince

If he's that good at MP, I'm guessing he could win a domination victory in 150 turns.

The Civ5 Deity best, AFAIK, is 69 turns by valadez.

BTW, it's difficult for me to imagine they can release enough first looks to cover another 3 civs and all the mechanics to make August 4 realistic.

3. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

What does that have to do with anything?

4. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

We need to understand enough of the mechanics to follow the gameplay footage. Also we might not have 8 First Look civ videos by then so the footage itself might be a reveal for some civs.

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I doubt that will be a hindrance. We can learn from watching it with the first looks acting as confirmation of our assumptions afterwards.

And it's not like they need to have all the civs present in the press event. Remember, they aren't playing the full game, or even the most advanced build. They are playing a press build that's designed to be most stable and to showcase only the things they want us to see.

6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing that. :)

7. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Hardly. We don't need to understand anything. The playthrough is likely under controlled conditions as well just like the last playthrough.

8. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

He is quite good, a very analytic/min-max type player, so it's definitely possible, but he hasn't been following the game much at all. There are quite a few small changes, and even those of us who watch for new tidbits constantly don't know much of the game. Trying to learn the game will probably be his focus, though he will definitely be looking for exploits.

9. Eagle Pursuit

Are we certain this is going to be a MP match?

10. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I'm almost certain it won't be an MP match.

Edit: but I'll ask.:)

11. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

I imagine they want to talk and show many features themselves before they're revealed and talked about by some let's player. So I think that either we get some big featurettes from firaxis in the coming days before that or the video will be pretty much useless, as in heavily limited controlled conditions like Jason says.

12. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

@EaglePursuit
    Filthy confirmed it will be SP.

We were told we would get a "big religion reveal" in about a month over a month ago, so I am hoping we do see some big reveals next week.

13. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Well, just because the playthrough is controlled doesn't make it useless. Our first gameplay footage and information came from a playthrough that was limited to 60 turns, china, and on the same map each time where only America and Egypt were included.

We got a lot of information out of that cycle. If this time the players actually get to release their own videos on the playthrough we'll probably get more.

I'm just saying that it's not like they're just going to boot up a game of civ like a normal player - we're not going to see the map options and all of the civs. They're probably going to play a pre-made build specifically made up for them.

14. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I agree, it's not a bad thign especially since we'll see finally ACTUAL gameplay as opposed to a B-Roll or "pre-baked" video.

And yes, Diplomacy and Religion are defeniately coming soon, maybe even next week or so.

15. MIS

MIS Prince

My point was that if he's elite MP, he can surely dominate the A.I. I can't imagine it being MP - who would he play?

16. Eagle Pursuit

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that they don't need to cough up all the pertinent info before we see someone play a few turns.

17. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I'm not disagreeing - just wanted to point out he has a very cursory knowledge of the game and thus might not be gunning for a super fast victory.

He has done a few deity games for the heck of it and has won easily.

18. mrwho

mrwho Prince

In response to some comments here, what's happening on the 4th of August?

19. Eagle Pursuit

Per the first post, that's the expected date that the youtubers will release their videos from the event.

20. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Finally! This is what i want to see. 150 turns of actual gameplay. Now this is a video session to study and check all the possible details. :)