Firaxis/2K: Some BtS news, please?

Phoenix1595

Lord of the Two Lands
So... it's been over a month since they've announced the July release of the BtS xpack, and with a little over two months to go before the proposed release date, Firaxis has yet to release any additional info on the game beyond the handful of concept artwork pieces and a vague laundry list of new features.

Now, I know the modus operandi of game companies (including Firaxis): release only enough info to keep them interested until the release date, but with such a short interval between the announcement and the release date, I would have thought they would have at least updated the game site at least once. With the previous Civ games, they updated their website regularly with a "civ of the week" and few in-game screenshots here and there. This began many months before the game was actually released. But with the recent shakeup at 2K, I am getting worried that either nobody is around to update their site, or (horror of horrors!) the xpack is not going to be released until much later, if at all.

I hope this post reaches the eyes and ears of the Firaxis team (of whom I've known in the past to scour these forums). Please, just a screenshot! Or another confirmed civ! Please!:please::bowdown:

There will be more information soon, but I can't spill anything right now. Sorry for making you wait... it's not up to me. ;)

And thus why I made this post in the "Anti-Wonders of the World" topic:

Beyond the Sword Website - "Beyond the Sword Website" takes only two turns to complete, regardless of the :hammers: within the city. The turn immediately before completing "Beyond the Sword Website" a large, yellow-colored and all-caps block of text appears slightly below the middle of your screen "OFFICIAL WEBSITE COMING SOON". When this happens, add a turn to the amount of time it takes to complete "Beyond the Sword Website", regardless of the city's :hammers:.

It seems like it will always say "OFFICIAL WEBSITE COMING SOON". I know, of course, that it will eventually be updated, but it has been some time. I realize, however, that Firaxis and its programmers are hard at work on the game, so I am very willing to remain patient for as long as possible. Regardless, I am extremely eager to hear any sort of news from the team. Everything comes in due time...

Lol... I was about to ask for the same thing! I'm getting bored of Warlords now because all I can think about is BTS... I need some new information to keep my Civ addiction alive!

Please think of the consumer! We need our fix before we find some other game to catch our attention:lol:

One more thing!

Make sure it isn't postponed any later! I've planned my summer around BTS coming out in July... Early July too! Hurry!

If it gets delayed then it gets delayed, I say. It is far better to wait longer for a finished product than receive a half-made product early. Patience is key to all things in life, and this is certainly no exception. So I am quite willing to wait for however long it takes for the game to be fully completed rather than rushed out in a hurry.

Agreed, but it would nice to be fed a few tidbits of info about the xp on a semi-regular basis until we can finally play it. :)

There's absolutely no harm in telling us all the civs that are in. They are bound to have made final decisions on that long ago. No harm in telling us all the scenarios either unless they're choosing which ones to put in ....

I was also wondering if there would be any new updates soon, considering it's been a third of the time between announcement and release. But, I suppose they're making sure they don't announce anything before it's certainly going to be included, so it's just as well :).

I wouldn't mind knowing at least a few more of the new Civs.

I'm trying to remember if we actually knew all of the extra Civs in Warlords before it was released.

I wouldn't mind knowing at least a few more of the new Civs.

I'm trying to remember if we actually knew all of the extra Civs in Warlords before it was released.

Yes we did, I remember knowing which civs were going to be included, but just waiting to see pictures of their leaders.

Thanks Rakers, I hope that they don't include those extremely futuristic war machines in the standard game. I wouldn't mind in a scenario, but I don't want the standard game tainted with sci-fi machines like the two on the cover.

Thanks Rakers, I hope that they don't include those extremely futuristic war machines in the standard game. I wouldn't mind in a scenario, but I don't want the standard game tainted with sci-fi machines like the two on the cover.
I do, but i doubt it will... i think it would be cool if it had future era's like in empire earth.

I want to know which scenarios are in. If they are good scenarios I will be more likely to buy the expansion sooner. If they are all sci-fi garbage and of the same quality as Omens then I will wait a long time for the XP. ;)

I want to know which scenarios are in. If they are good scenarios I will be more likely to buy the expansion sooner. If they are all sci-fi garbage and of the same quality as Omens then I will wait a long time for the XP. ;)

Agreed. It's not a coincidence that the only sci-fi-ish game I have is Age of Mythology and I have a lot of history-based games. I'm hoping the Afterworld one is the only non-historical scenario :please:

Top Bottom