1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRAXIS: Do wonders/ sm. wonders compound on each other? (read on...)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Exsanguination, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Exsanguination

Exsanguination No longer here

Situation:

Two small wonders, both increase the chance of a leader appearing. They are both available in different ages. If one civ builds both, with the better chance have compounded on itself? Or will the second wonder just be useless?

Or, the same with adding a unit to an army (pentagon, I think, in the game). If I create a second wonder that does the same and build both wonders, can I get two extra units in an army?

Has anyone experimented with this? I know it was brought up once, but I don't think it was answered.

2. Michael York

Michael York On Sabatical from Civ

I just tried making the barracks, temple, and granary small wonders that increase army size. the temple was supposed to also act as the war academy. i got an error when i attempted to build one

3. Willem

Willem Chieftain

I know the Pentagon doesn't compound, I tried it. Neither does Wall Street. And I've read that the Heroic Epic doesn't either, though it would be hard to judge whether it does or not. I suspect not though.

4. Willem

Willem Chieftain

Probably because you didn't include an entry for the splash screen in pediaicons.txt. All wonders/sm wonders need one, improvements don't.

5. alpha wolf 64

alpha wolf 64 Byte me

hero epic doesnt compound either. it was stated in a thread a few weeks back that the game simply looks for whether its built or not, meaning a yes/no flag, so having more than one yes wouldnt do any good.