Firaxis Livestream tomorrow, Thursday. Sep 22nd at 2pm ET: Rome & Kongo

... and I badly want to see nukes, there is no good strategy game without nukes! ;) :p

Agree. I especially want to see how nukes affect districts since we were told that nukes will do different damage to districts based on distance from the center of the explosion.

Agree. I especially want to see how nukes affect districts since we were told that nukes will do different damage to districts based on distance from the center of the explosion.

Probably a 4-pt. strike that radiates from the hex designated.

Hex hit: It will 'pillage' 4 times. Since every district can have at most 3 buildings, this will wreck the district hit.

1st ring around hex hit: It will 'pillage' 3 times. This will wreck all districts except those that have all of their buildings, and even then the buildings will be toast.

2nd ring: 'Pillage' 2 times.

3rd ring: 'Pillage' 1 time.

Of course, they could have both the target hex and the 1st ring get hit with a 4-pt. strike and 'go down' from there.

But given the nature of pillaging in CiVI, and they apparently have already said that it will have diminishing impact away from Ground Zero, this is probably how they'll handle it.

Probably a 4-pt. strike that radiates from the hex designated.

Hex hit: It will 'pillage' 4 times. Since every district can have at most 3 buildings, this will wreck the district hit.

1st ring around hex hit: It will 'pillage' 3 times. This will wreck all districts except those that have all of their buildings, and even then the buildings will be toast.

2nd ring: 'Pillage' 2 times.

3rd ring: 'Pillage' 1 time.

Of course, they could have both the target hex and the 1st ring get hit with a 4-pt. strike and 'go down' from there.

But given the nature of pillaging in CiVI, and they apparently have already said that it will have diminishing impact away from Ground Zero, this is probably how they'll handle it.
That makes a lot of sense. I could see that being the case.

But what happens to the city- center?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

That makes a lot of sense. I could see that being the case.

But what happens to the city- center?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

If I am correct, and you choose the city center as the target of the nuke, then it would destroy 4 buildings. This clearly doesn't directly show the impact of population loss or whatnot, but I didn't think that was the thrust of the conversation.

Please stay more focused this time. They always get sidetracked and end up playing like 3 turns only, full of traffic jams.

Please stay more focused this time. They always get sidetracked and end up playing like 3 turns only, full of traffic jams.

I don't think an hour-long stream is enough for a game like Civ, even if they don't get distracted. They should really push for around two hours.

Ah well, in a week we'll have mountains and mountains of VI footage to peruse, so I won't be terribly disappointed if not much is shown here.

I seriously hope we will get to see some mid-late game gameplay.

nice, i'm on time for this. it's almost like i'm really playing the game

32 with a son and I'm in the living room with the face on my wife's laptop excited as if I was watching the coolest thing on earth! :scan:

Man, the music playing in the livestream is bloody fantastic. Was it Japan's theme that was playing not too long ago right after America's theme?

It's starting !

yeah music is great

also "drug reference, language, mild violence, suggestive themes" lol

I'm so jealous of you guys. I'm stuck at work for another half hour, then I have to meet my wife to close on our refinancing. By the time I get home, I'll be roughly 10 pages behind on this thread :(

All these talks about Rome meant to be play wide and we end up with a three-cities empire on turn 65.
Edit : So it's confirmed that the "free monument most of the time" is because in the late game the monument is free, which is really nice.

Look at Greece's glorious all-warrior army on turn 65. :(

Top Bottom