Firaxis Livestream - Wednesday Aug 3 at 1pm PT (4pm ET/10pm CET)

Continents:

During map generation the script generates one "continent" for every two civs. So, they're more like regions instead of relying solely on landmasses.

Tooltips will display the continent name that a tile belongs to as well.

confirmed continents and landmasses are not the same. Even a pangea map is divided into continents based on number of civs (roughly 2 civs per continent)

Ooh, different yields from improvements pillaged.

For example, you can earn science from pillaging a science district.

EDIT: You guys got things covered, I leave the updates to all of you. ;)

City list is randomized.
So if you see New York for America it can be their 8th city or their 2nd. No way to tell.

Cities built on hills can shoot over trees.

Thought he was talking about the archer IN the city. The archer can shoot over forest if on a hill.

"Mythdracon" here. Ed answered both my questions (on governments and anarchy and Sean Bean voicing civic quotes). So flattered I was. :)

I did want to know why leaders didn't seem to speak when making trade offers though...

Other info:

Continents are not the same as landmasses. This causes interesting interactions with Victoria, who, on the same landmass, could want to establish a city on your continent (N America v S America situation basically). Victoria's Sun Never Sets Agenda means she likes you less when she's eyeing your continent to settle on.

Street Carnival is half-price! :)
And by the way they are talking, the Royal Dockyard is also half-price.

I did want to know why leaders didn't seem to speak when making trade offers though...

Maybe to avoid "Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?" type scenarios? :lol:

Seriously though, it's a bit sad not even hearing them say yes or no to the trade proposals... :(

Top Bottom