Firaxis: Patch coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chopperhead said:
I was on the phone with take 2 yesterday (Friday) cause the game is all messed up for me right now but anyway I was told that a patch would be out in 2 WEEKS I'm starting think they have no clue when this will be out at all.
It could be because they kept getting additional bug reports and decided to get as many bugs out of it as possible in an effort to make the game that much better. Just to give you a glimpse of the positive possibility =)

Jecrell said:
It could be because they kept getting additional bug reports and decided to get as many bugs out of it as possible in an effort to make the game that much better. Just to give you a glimpse of the positive possibility =)
I would agree. I hope thi spatch makes it so I do not have to go through all this http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_ati.htm

everytime I install the game. ( funny how developers allways blame the video card and the video card blames the developers lol )

I would htink that would take some time to fix.

get over it they ripped everyone off. The patch will be as buggy as the game. ALthough I doubt we will see any patch until after the new year. It will come with the expansion pack. I wonder how many of you will bend over and take it more by supporting this half witted company.

Civ 4 = Very good
Patch when it come out = Great
Blue3c=whiny idiot

how is it whiny when I pay for a product and it doesn't work and I say something. I am sorry that I am not a drone like you and just accepts not even getting so much a kiss before I get......
Gaming companies continue to put out unfinished, buggy and unjtested products because of drones like you. People who just take it. People continue to say, oh they will patch it. Oh you can't make everyone happy. Sorry but if I drop 50 on a game I DO NOT EXPECT TO WORK ON IT. I am not getting paid here to beta test this crap for them. Name one other industry that can get away with crap like this. Computer users in general have just gone with the wait they will fix it. BULL. If you paid for this game you should be upset. If you pay for anything and it doesn't work you should be upset. Unless of coarse you are nothing but a drone.
Can you guarentee this patch will work. Can you tell me from the game they put out, this buggy untested crap, that with that track record, that they will fix the mem leak??????? NO YOU CAN NOT!!!
I have read on this forum that it took several patches for CIV III to work right. So going by that and the most recent record, I will say the patch will not work. I will say that it will be well after the new year before you get anything close to what you paid for. Until they prove me different I will continue to tell all I know and everyone I can what a poor company this truly is. How they will take your money for unfinished and poorly tested games.
how poor this compnay is, is shown in there support options. How poor this company is, is shown in its communication with the customers. They ones that they owe a finished product to. PLEASE put up a link to on offical word from this company. THER IS NONE. But hey if know of one show me. put up the link. The bottom line is a compnay is worth its product. And so far take2 and firaxis are worth crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue3c said:
how is it whiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't feel "ripped off" ...sorry that you do...

Until earlier today, I hadn't even seen anything that needed a patch (Bug on the diplomacy screen showed the XML name of the AI's reaction as well as its menu options)...

blue3c: Please, relax a little. An army of exclamation marks will not really make you heard better. :)

I understand your frustration, but please understand that not anybody who does not feel ripped off is a drone (or likes to be called one).

The Civ games have a long history. Every single one of them had issues that had to be patched. This series has fifteen year long history of having the need for many patches *and* providing them.

Based on my experiences with previous Civ games, I expected far more showstopping bugs in Civ4 at release date. Every other Civ game had me reverting to the previous version for a while because of showstopper gameplay bugs. Civ4 is the first Civ game which captured me right from the start.

Based on my experiences with previous Civ games, I'm also sure that the people at Firaxis work very hard to iron bugs out and to improve the game. If I wasn't sure about that, I wouldn't have bought the game at release date.

I'm a gamer since the 70s. I've seen game designers making false promises, collapsing under the expectations of their fans, or outright lying their fans into the face. Firaxis (or Microprose) never did this. They had to patch all their games, some were *desperately* in need of patches (much more than Civ4 is now), but they always provided them. (Besides, not supporting their flagship would be suicide for any design studio). I can see absolutely no reason why I should *not* expect that this game *will* be adequately patched.

Kolyana said:
I have to say that reinstalling your OS every three months seems waaaaaaaaay over the top. No way on this planet you should have to do that so often
I only have one HD on this machine which takes a lot of heavy use and basically it just starts getting sluggish if I leave it longer. Its more preventative maintenance than anything else.
LOL plus it also gets me off my butt to burn stuff onto disc instead of leaving it lingering.

(PS - If anyone here works for the mpaa or any clowns like it, Kiss my thieving ass!)

The only way to release a bug free game is to test it on every combination of hardware. You can either have a $1000 bug free game, or you can get one that works on most computers for $50. If you can't accept that, I suggest you stick to video game consoles.

Do you even have the game Mr. Sunday?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaaaahahhahhahahahhahaaaaa.

That is all.

mweather said:
The only way to release a bug free game is to test it on every combination of hardware. You can either have a $1000 bug free game, or you can get one that works on most computers for $50. If you can't accept that, I suggest you stick to video game consoles.

Its comments like that from drones like yourself that just crack me up. This is not a hardware/combo or driver issues. There is a serious mem leak in the later stages of the game.
If this mem leak is caused by newer drivers, or like the ati BLUNDER. Then these drivers should have been tested.
Now go back to your sid/firaxis/take2 idol and throw some more money at it and see if you can come up with another excuse for them. Try and see if this one holds water though.
Python is a crap lang used to promote modding aspect of the game. Which is good, yet it has serious draw backs with mem useage. Such that it is killing what appears to be a good game.
And for the record I know that you can not test for every hardware setup out there. And if it was just a simple driver issue I would be happy with this and yes I would lump it and work around it.
BUT, WE, yes there is a we here. We have tested this on numerous setups. All with fresh installs, different driver combos and such. To try and get this to work on our machines. So we are doing the testing for this so called company and not getting squat for it. Not even our 50 bucks worth. AND THAT IS WHY I AM PISSED. And that is why I will continue with this.
I do notice that no one has posted a link to any offical word from the makers of this so called game.
Because it is back to the we ahve your money ha ha thing. So when is this patch coming out. Do we even have a ball park. Do you know, if they are even aware of all the issues with the game. How do you know this. Can you prove they know. Can you prove they care enough about the probelms with this so called game to fix it. Post the link. Oh but wait. YOU CAN'T. Cause they have not said squat, and will not. Cause that would mean they would actually have to take ownership of the problem. And bottom line is they do not want to. They have our money. U RAH RAH GO CIV GO.

Blue please dont get this thread closed down.
I am sure the mods are watching by now. I understand your mad man, it aint working for me either. I was super pissed for the first week, but I know I have done all I can so far. So, I am just tired of being mad. Granted the game runs on my computer, but far from well. The land is all white and I cant see animal resources except in water, yet I cant see the water just the resource.

If your copy wont even run, I can definetly understand why your mad. If it wont run also, what is it doing? Will it load at all?
Also if it is the Cheshire cat prob I am willing to bet that will for sure be fixed. Alot of people have dark terrain/cheshire bug. If this patch doesnt fix my graphics (I suspect it will) I am going to revert back to chesire/dark terrain and see what happens.
I just want them to hurry so I can see.:rolleyes:

I agree with all on this issue: I love this game, AND, there are bugs. I can't tell you what a I went through to get Iron Works in one of my cities, and only to have it be totally useless. I can't zoom out the map, cause it turns to a bunch of undefinable lines. Every time I finally build a wonder, I get the "reward" of a skipping, jumbly video. The modern era technologies fly by at 2-4 techs a turn, making any units you build obsoulte by the time you use them. And I've yet to see an AI fight ANYONE besides me for more than 10 turns

But we are talking about one of the most complex and detailed game ever made here, so I, for one, am more than willing to wait for patches. We have a diamond of a game here, a patch will polish this diamond. For those who the game will not work for, I trully feel terrible for. I am having so much fun with mine, I can only imagine being unable to get it to work on my system :(

JakeCourtney said:
It's not worth owning right now.

The game has a good deal of bugs and the performance is dreadful with the memory leak, but it's still very much worth owning right now. Possibly the best game in years and it can only get better with a good patch or two. :)

If I were to choose buying it now or later. I would of bought it later. Where bugs and problems are less, and game is cheaper.

I just do not understand all this whinning. The game works fine. It is a good game. There are a few thing which need tweaking, but that is is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom