Firaxis wishes you happy holidays

I don't like it at all.
Very Scary Looking.
Yeah, Nuclear Gandhi can have that effect on you. :p Just ignore him and his negative vibes and you should be good to go.

6 persons at the table, and the 7th out of the image is invited to join in ... I definitely see a theme going there for the number 7.

:yup: Ghandi and Cleopatra both have 7 pieces of meal on their plates. May be this is a sign that they will appear in Civ 7, too. The orange has 7 rips, may be the Dutch also are in Civ 7.

Ghandi and Cleopatra both have 7 pieces of meal on their plates. May be this is a sign that they will appear in Civ 7, too.
:cry:

It feels like saying that because there is a tarte tartin and a pavlova on the table that France and the Czech republic also will be in civ 7 >.>
It goes without saying that France will be in Civ7. :p As for the Czech Republic, no thank you, but I'm very keen on having Bohemia. :mischief:

I am surprised to see no-one commenting on the text on the Steam page.

"On behalf of the entire team, we want to thank you for spending another year with Civ. From wrapping up the New Frontier Pass to reaching the 30th Anniversary of the series, we’ve had a blast going on some pretty awesome adventures with our community. Whether you’re sharing a meal, exchanging gifts, or sneaking in one more turn this holiday season, we hope you have the opportunity to kick back and spend some quality time with your loved ones.

Happy holidays and we’ll see You the Great in 2022!

- Civilization Team"

That last bit is so strange. "...we'll see You the Great in 2022!" See You the Great?

It goes without saying that France will be in Civ7. :p As for the Czech Republic, no thank you, but I'm very keen on having Bohemia. :mischief:

I'm afraid not: if they were going to signal Bohemia then all the wine goblets on the table would have been beer mugs . . .

That last bit is so strange. "...we'll see You the Great in 2022!" See You the Great?
It's awkwardly phrased, but I'm sure the intention is: You the Great; as in X the Great, a leader title.

I'm afraid not: if they were going to signal Bohemia then all the wine goblets on the table would have been beer mugs . . .
While more famous for beer, the Czech lands also produce wine, chiefly in Moravia. ;)

Also, I like the little detail that the Leaders are eating food native to their nation(not really accurate time-period-wise, though). Cleopatra has Falafel, Montezuma has Maize, Gandhi has Samosas, Theodore has a big ol' Turkey, and Gilgamesh... I don't know what that is. :p
Wouldn't maize be appropriate for Montezuma anyway? :p
To me they look like tamales, which would still definitely be appropriate as they have been eaten in Mesoamerica for a long time, before even the Spanish arrived.

Is it just me or does Gilgamesh really look like he hasn't trained for quite some Time and gained some Weight?
It's the holidays. He'll go back to the gym after the new year is here. :lol:

I know that civfanatics see in everything a sign but I feel it is a little farfetched....
It feels like saying that because there is a tarte tartin and a pavlova on the table that France and the Czech republic also will be in civ 7 >.>

Ok I need to correct myself on the pavlova part, it seems to be an Australian/New Zealandish dish so not Czech. (the fact that I found that out after so many years >.>) My apologizies for that (especailly to Zaarin, since that means no Bohemia but a chance of didgeridoos if the food would tell which civ it is...)

My apologizies for that (especailly to Zaarin, since that means no Bohemia but a chance of didgeridoos if the food would tell which civ it is...)
Quick, kill it with fire! :shifty:

Wouldn't maize be appropriate for Montezuma anyway? :p
To me they look like tamales, which would still definitely be appropriate as they have been eaten in Mesoamerica for a long time, before even the Spanish arrived.
Yeah, I meant that not all the foods were from the leader's time, but some were, including Montezuma. I should have specified that.

Last edited:
That Montezuma's shy smile...I feel you bro, baldy is scary:eek2:...the way he sways on the all weapons for deterrent is okay speech, makes me believe is under the influence!

I find the pictures to be the interesting part. Where we just were on the left and where we are going next on the right.

I know that civfanatics see in everything a sign but I feel it is a little farfetched....
You have to understand that this is delivered with gifts inside it, they know it will be deciphered. It is all part of the game played outside the game. Of course there will be some mis reading and misleading but it certainly feels like more than just some wrapping paper art.
I just want to turn it into a jigsaw puzzle to do on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
Hopefully as both the Mac and Switch ports need game breaking bug fixes. Many crashes on both platforms on the latest patch.

Top Bottom