Fire Lizard

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Fire Lizard Civ IV conversion by Deliverator; uses custom animations. I decided to create a thread for this unit due to the amount of customization that has been made to the original unit.

I re-scaled the unit to correct the effects scaling issues, added firebreath effects (from the Dromon unit), and added custom sounds from NWN:

Last edited:
Very awesome job Nomad - a great salamander for most fantasy mods I can think of!

Thanks! When you get to your tutorial for custom units, make sure to add the part about import scale correction so that new units don't have the effects issues when using custom effects. I have several units that I made where I am going to have to (eventually) re-do because of scaling issues.... :mad:

Thanks to Harald B for solving the issue with effects scaling!

It is a cool model with a cool Fire animation.

It is a great Unit for a ranged attack Unit or for a barbarian wildlife Unit.

It is a cool model with a cool Fire animation.

It is a great Unit for a ranged attack Unit or for a barbarian wildlife Unit.

...or an Orc Lizard Rider, which is what I am working on next to help round off my Orc Series. :)

Yes indeed! Great work!

Great unit, I'm going to use it as a Hell Hound in my mod. My understanding of the Hell Hound concept is that it doesn't necessarily have to resemble a dog, only the general posture should be similar (four-legged).

I don't seem to be able to make the sounds of this unit work.

The .wav files are in the VFS, the Audio_Sounds and Audio_3DSounds entries are in the database (surprisingly, there is nothing more there, only the 4 entries for this unit in each of the tables), and I have enabled Reload Audio System in the mod properties. I also tried clearing the cache, but still the sounds don't work - the unit attacks silently.

This is the first unit with custom sounds that I use, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong...

Edit: I used the mod that is supplied with the unit download, and the sounds don't work here also (for non-ranged attacks). Is there a way to make the unit use the ranged attack animations (and sounds) for non-ranged attacks? In my mod it doesn't have a ranged attack, and the ranged animation looks much more interesting (and has a sound), so it would be great if it can be used for melee combat...

This tutorial is quite long and complicated, so instead of trying to figure it out I decided to make the unit ranged :) (with range 1)

Top Bottom