Firefox 1.5 and Opera 8.5 are out!

Actually Opera 8.51 is out now.

It actually has been out for a while. IIRC it was released when they made Opera free... which was back in late Sept... Oct or so.

Yeah, I read that IE (7, not out yet - I loved reading about how they couldn't get some features in on time ;)) vs. FF vs. Opera article in PC World.

A cool, and useless, features in FF 1.5 is you can drag-n-drop tabs, to rearrange them. I don't really see the need for it. I'll stick with FF...

Ginger_Ale said:
A cool, and useless, features in FF 1.5 is you can drag-n-drop tabs, to rearrange them. I don't really see the need for it. I'll stick with FF...

Yeah. Apples Saffari browser can do that. Only thing about it I like. I always use FF instead of safari and always install it if it's not on.

Opera was doing that 3 years ago ;) It is useful actually. I usually have a train of forums that I visit, and leave a tab open for each, and I get used to a certain forum being on a certain tab...

Ginger_Ale said:

Organization. Actually, AvantBrowser already supports this. ;)

Turner_727 said:
Actually, AvantBrowser already supports this. ;)

AvantBrowser is such IE with a few extra features thrown in. From the screenshots on their website, it looks just like IE too.

Indeed it is. And it offers just about everything that Firefox does too. Built in, without having to find and install plugins.

AvantBrowser is such IE with a few extra features thrown in. From the screenshots on their website, it looks just like IE too.

That's the main reason I avoid it, and one of the reasons I don't like Firefox that well. All that space pointlessly wasted... this is why I like Opera - nice & clean. :)

Speedo said:
That's the main reason I avoid it, and one of the reasons I don't like Firefox that well. All that space pointlessly wasted... this is why I like Opera - nice & clean. :)
IE 6, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 8.51 all seem to take up the same space on the window on my computer; in fact, with Firefox's tabs or Opera's view bar, IE would win on that space count.

Turner_727 said:
Indeed it is. And it offers just about everything that Firefox does too. Built in, without having to find and install plugins.

Except that it's just a vulnerable to security as IE, looks like IE, and has the same atrocious IE rendering engine.

Top Bottom